[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking ahead to week 12 - advice?

Amit87

Hey everyone,

After tonight, my record will be 8-3 and am guaranteed to make the playoffs.  I'm currently in 1st place, but there are 2 guys right on my tail that will be 7-4 after tonight (one of which I'm against in week 12).  Since we only have 6 teams making playoffs, 1st and 2nd place get a bye in round 1. 

In week 12, my TE (Kelce) and K (Zuerlein) are on bye, and it also doesn't help that K.Johnson likely will be out.  I'm obviously not dropping Kelce, and IMO it would be wise to hang onto Zuerlein as well for playoffs.  In my situation, would you just roll with an empty TE and K slot and hope for the best, knowing very well that the week may be a loss and I'd lower my chances of keeping the bye week in playoffs?

Or do you think any of my other players are drop-worthy to stream in a TE such as Jonnu Smith, MacDonald, Rudolph, James, etc?

Edited by Amit87

I would try to secure the bye.  I would drop Drake. He has a terrible playoff schedule and you aren't going to use him.  The only way youd think about it is if Gore got injured. Id pick up a kicker at least. I don't think Tate is a must have either.  You can either drop Zeurlein and pick up Falcons kicker or drop Tate for the best TE I could find   That bye means one week you cant lose.  Depends how much you want to keep Tate.

Edited by purplemonster

13 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I would try to secure the bye.  I would drop Drake. He has a terrible playoff schedule and you aren't going to use him.  The only way youd think about it is if Gore got injured. Id pick up a kicker at least. I don't think Tate is a must have either.  You can either drop Zeurlein and pick up Falcons kicker or drop Tate for the best TE I could find   That bye means one week you cant lose.  Depends how much you want to keep Tate.

Thanks!  Yeah maybe you're right - should just go for it.

1 minute ago, Montana is da Man said:

An empty kicker spot is one thing, an empty TE spot is waving the white flag.  Play for that bye

Thanks Montana - gonna put in some waiver claims to fill these slots.  First, I'll drop Zuerlein and try to fill his slot with Bryant or Vinatieri in that order of preference.

And for the 2nd move, I'll try to get Doyle or MacDonald in that order of preference.  Who would you suggest I drop for the TE?  Tate, Brown, or Drake?

7 minutes ago, Amit87 said:

Thanks Montana - gonna put in some waiver claims to fill these slots.  First, I'll drop Zuerlein and try to fill his slot with Bryant or Vinatieri in that order of preference.

And for the 2nd move, I'll try to get Doyle or MacDonald in that order of preference.  Who would you suggest I drop for the TE?  Tate, Brown, or Drake?

Drake and I'm be content (in your position) to keep Zuerlein and only drop Drake for a TE.

Zeurlein is the kicker you want for the playoffs.........although Bryant is in my top 3 as well so that's not an awful trade off.  BUT you are allowing another playoff team to grab Zuerlein.

1 minute ago, Montana is da Man said:

Drake and I'm be content (in your position) to keep Zuerlein and only drop Drake for a TE.

Zeurlein is the kicker you want for the playoffs.........although Bryant is in my top 3 as well so that's not an awful trade off.  BUT you are allowing another playoff team to grab Zuerlein.

Awesome, thanks for your helpful insight as always!  So I'll do Drake for 1) Doyle, 2) MacDonald maybe... And I'll ponder on the kicker situation.  Maybe I'll scrap the Vinatieri idea and IF I do end up trying to grab Bryant, I'll put him in as the only claim.  So that way I'm guaranteed to either have Zuerlein or Bryant during playoffs