[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

O. J. Howard on IR

DMD

Oh for christ's sakes.  I just made a trade for OJ like 3 weeks ago.  Trade deadline passes 3 days ago, and he goes to IR.  Looking like Uzomah and Herndon time, if I am lucky enough to pick them up lol.  Totally agree the Bucs aren't taking any chances and are likely being precautionary as much as anything, but I don't know details.  Also, they probably don't mind tanking at this point anyway.  

Who decides ultimately who goes on IR?  I assume the HC makes the final call with a lot of input from everyone else. Or is it the GM?

Edited by purplemonster

34 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Who decides ultimately who goes on IR?  I assume the HC makes the final call with a lot of input from everyone else. Or is it the GM?

The GM makes the final decision as with all roster decisions, but has input from the coaching and medical staff.

It is sooo thin at the position this year and I usually in the last 10 years completely forget about TE pos till late in drafts. This year for whatever reason in my 3 leagues I have Ertz, Ertz, and Kelce.... I’m 9-2 , 8-3, and 7-4.... guess it was a good year to grab top TEs! 

😁

• Haha 1

Sigh... no use crying over spilt OJ.

Ill show myself out now :doh:

For those of you who can't land Brate, Gerald Everett could be a good replacement.  He has physical tools and is on an explosive offense.  It often takes until the second or third year for a tight end to blossom.  Kupp getting hurt helps him, too.  Tight ends and slot receivers compete for the same types of passes.

10 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

For those of you who can't land Brate, Gerald Everett could be a good replacement.  He has physical tools and is on an explosive offense.  It often takes until the second or third year for a tight end to blossom.  Kupp getting hurt helps him, too.  Tight ends and slot receivers compete for the same types of passes.

Everett does have tools, but unfortunately Tyler Higbee does too and they will vulture value off one another.  Plus, Monday night's game was a bit of an anomaly; I think McVay was throwing in wrinkles (ie, throwing to his TEs) to keep the Chiefs off-kilter.

Could be wrong, because as you state TEs and slot guys do get a lot of the same "market share" of targets.  It's just that the Rams have not been using their TEs at all the past two years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

It's just that the Rams have not been using their TEs at all the past two years.

All coaches not named Mike Martz want to throw to the tight end position.  They don't always have the personnel to do it.  Everett was too raw to feature last year.  But he has looked great this year.  He has the 3rd highest overall tight end PFF grade.  He has 18 catches while playing only 25% of snaps.  He could put up elite stats if he played 60%-70% of snaps.  He might get those snaps.  Everett is the first draft pick of the McVay era.  They drafted him #44 pick because they wanted a receiving tight end.  His time has maybe come.  His one-third chance of being great makes him worthy of a roster spot on any fantasy team weak at tight end.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

All coaches not named Mike Martz want to throw to the tight end position.  They don't always have the personnel to do it.  Everett was too raw to feature last year.  But he has looked great this year.  He has the 3rd highest overall tight end PFF grade.  He has 18 catches while playing only 25% of snaps.  He could put up elite stats if he played 60%-70% of snaps.  He might get those snaps.  Everett is the first draft pick of the McVay era.  They drafted him because they wanted a receiving tight end.  His time has maybe come.  His one-third chance of being great makes him worthy of a roster spot on any fantasy team weak at tight end.

I hope you're on target here because I saw sick physical tools out of Everett and drafted him in a couple leagues and have been holding out hope.  :tup: 

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

All coaches not named Mike Martz want to throw to the tight end position.  They don't always have the personnel to do it.  Everett was too raw to feature last year.  But he has looked great this year.  He has the 3rd highest overall tight end PFF grade.  He has 18 catches while playing only 25% of snaps.  He could put up elite stats if he played 60%-70% of snaps.  He might get those snaps.  Everett is the first draft pick of the McVay era.  They drafted him #44 pick because they wanted a receiving tight end.  His time has maybe come.  His one-third chance of being great makes him worthy of a roster spot on any fantasy team weak at tight end.

I agree with a lot of what you said.  I would love to roster him but don't have the space right now. Hoping no one picks him up and I can pick him up as backup next week. I got Brate instead