[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dalvin Cook ROS?

Mylegos

He does have a pretty good ROS, esp weeks 15 and 16.  Vikes and Cook I think are highly matchup dependent based on the fact their OL is caca, and haven't found ways to get Cook the ball in space, where he is best.  So I would temper expectations, play matchups with him, use someone else if you aren't sure.  Bc he can put up some real duds. 

I think you’ll see more of an emphasis to get him going. Zimmer said in his press conference that he’s not happy with the offensive play calling. I agree it’s still dicey because of the o-line. They had no chance to run the ball against the Bears but they didn’t seem to make any adjustments either 

8 minutes ago, Profound said:

I think this is the week Cook gets going and it continues for the rest of the year.

I think the Vikings have little confidence in their run game. Part of this is due to their line, Cook being hurt, and the fact that the passing game has been really effective. They'd like to be more balanced but they haven't been able to commit to a run game yet due to lack of production. The Packers run defense is horrible. If they put up good rushing numbers and Cook looks good in this game I think that'll lead to more emphasis on the run in games to come.

the Bears def is in a league of its own this year. i wouldn't worry about that game. he looked great in that game against the Lions.. Cook will be fine in my opinion. that Vikings offense has been surprisingly top heavy this year, compared to previous years - Rudolph is doing very little. Aldrick Robinson converts a big play every now and then, but overall they get very little from WRs 3-5. it's really just Thielen and Diggs this year. that's been the entire offense. and Latavius Murray. but assuming Cook is truly healthy, i don't think Murray is a real threat to Cook's workload going forward. and we're already seeing evidence of that with Murray's volume seeming to decrease the past two games.

so since the offense has been so top heavy with Thielen and Diggs, I would expect that there is a lot of room for a third guy to get heavy volume in that offense, and all signs point to that guy being Cook imo. the only thing that would stand in the way in my opinion is his hamstring not cooperating.

5 hours ago, pun said:

the Bears def is in a league of its own this year. i wouldn't worry about that game. he looked great in that game against the Lions.. Cook will be fine in my opinion. that Vikings offense has been surprisingly top heavy this year, compared to previous years - Rudolph is doing very little. Aldrick Robinson converts a big play every now and then, but overall they get very little from WRs 3-5. it's really just Thielen and Diggs this year. that's been the entire offense. and Latavius Murray. but assuming Cook is truly healthy, i don't think Murray is a real threat to Cook's workload going forward. and we're already seeing evidence of that with Murray's volume seeming to decrease the past two games.

so since the offense has been so top heavy with Thielen and Diggs, I would expect that there is a lot of room for a third guy to get heavy volume in that offense, and all signs point to that guy being Cook imo. the only thing that would stand in the way in my opinion is his hamstring not cooperating.

I don't think Latavius is a threat to Cook's workload too much, but I think he should be. Latavius is highly underrated if you ask me.  Tough runner, gets a lot more yards than you think he'll get on a lot of runs.  But the coaching staff seems enamored with Cook.  Especially with tough defensive fronts Latavius will grind out yards Cook is unable to.  And he does vulture TD's.  I had to give up Latavius this week for other needs, but I wasn't happy about it.  I think your analysis is pretty accurate overall. 

Edited by purplemonster

22 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't think Latavius is a threat to Cook's workload too much, but I think he should be. Latavius is highly underrated if you ask me.  Tough runner, gets a lot more yards than you think he'll get on a lot of runs.  But the coaching staff seems enamored with Cook.  Especially with tough defensive fronts Latavius will grind out yards Cook is unable to.  And he does vulture TD's.  I had to give up Latavius this week for other needs, but I wasn't happy about it.  I think your analysis is pretty accurate overall. 

yeah i hear you and i also think Latavius is pretty underrated league-wide. people have been coming up with all sorts of reasons for why he shouldn't be a starting RB in this league ever since i can remember. he's big, strong, and surprisingly fast (4.38 40 time). people say he doesn't have fast "game speed" or whatever. seems like bs to me. i think he must do something that coaches don't like, which would explain why no one seems to be willing to make him their #1 rb. maybe he's not good in the passing game so his presence on the field tells the defense the team is running. he doesn't get many targets so that may explain it.

Edited by pun

10 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Mike Zimmer : " We need to run the ball more" 

Also Mike Zimmer : 1st quarter , 2 rush .. 2nd quarter , 2 rush ...

I felt like I was watching McCarthy vs McCarthy.  Both of them ignored the run too often.

Tomlin too for that matter.