[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sony a dangler?

Roamingbull

1 hour ago, Roamingbull said:

How many feel the Pats are using Sony as a dangler\decoy to offset defensive pre game plans? Who thinks he will start, and actually be used to his full potential. 

Last week i think they tossed him in limited so they can keep playing this game

I think they want him involved. He was a first round pick, an expensive decoy.

I Base that thought on his recent injury.. i know if he is truly healthy they would want to use him. However, what better way to use him if he is in fact not truly 100% and won't be for the season. A lame horse can still be used as a light trail horse. 

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

The Patriots are fighting for a playoff bye.  I don't think they can afford to not feature Sony if he is healthy.  They don't have a good replacement for early down work.  Unlike the Patriots, I do have other good options so I'm keeping him on my bench until he has a game where he is heavily used.

Perfectly stated.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:38 AM, michaelredd9 said:

The Patriots are fighting for a playoff bye.  I don't think they can afford to not feature Sony if he is healthy.  They don't have a good replacement for early down work.  Unlike the Patriots, I do have other good options so I'm keeping him on my bench until he has a game where he is heavily used.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8466/rex-burkhead ?

This has gone on long enough. I've played fantasy football for almost 30 years. I  have never heard the term "dangler" applied to fantasy football.). I finally had to google "fantasy football dangler" and the first (and really only) return was this thread.

I felt like this was all one of those "made you look" things. And I did.

Just saying...

qiev6.jpg

1 hour ago, DMD said:

This has gone on long enough. I've played fantasy football for almost 30 years. I  have never heard the term "dangler" applied to fantasy football.). I finally had to google "fantasy football dangler" and the first (and really only) return was this thread.

I felt like this was all one of those "made you look" things. And I did.

Just saying...

qiev6.jpg

Well, id say who cares, but obviously you do.... the term communicated my question. 

DANGLER: several possible outcomes, left hanging. Multiple answers to a single question regarding a subject which an outcome will occur, but not known which one. A physical form left hanging. A term given to cause stress and unnecessary research for experienced fantasy football managers. 

5 hours ago, DMD said:

This has gone on long enough. I've played fantasy football for almost 30 years. I  have never heard the term "dangler" applied to fantasy football.)

The only reason I even looked in this thread was to find out what the hell a dangler is. Then I wondered why the hell not just use the word decoy, lol.

19 hours ago, darin3 said:

They would be smart to use Rex.  Sony is a game changer but doesn't seem built to withstand a heavy load.  My guess is that players like Jay Ajayi and Sony run so explosively that their knees can't handle all of the violent impacts.  But in the past, I thought that Belichick might rest Gronk for the playoffs and then he didn't rest him.  And with a first round playoff bye dangling in the balance, I think Bill will continue to use Sony heavily as long as he is healthy.

Edited by michaelredd9