[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tre'Quan Status?

heehawks

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Need to gamble on this guy. He is not on the injury report and hopeful we can see a lot of targets. Any homer (Rajn) have some insight here. Other options are just as iffy...but this game should serve up well for him if he is ready to roll.

Honestly, his name hasn't even come up much on the Saints boards. I know Payton wasn't happy with his drop in the end zone last week and let him have it on the sideline. Payton wasn't happy with the drops overall and a couple of the analyses I've read eluded to some of that being either ball placement or the recievers not being where they were supposed to be. And there's some evidence of that on the one touchdown we had with both Smith and Kirkwood running the end zone go route. Not sure which players fault that was, but I'm guessing Kirkwood since he was the inside man. Either way, it shows the young guys still have a ways to go with earning trust. 

So far, most of the talk has been whether or not Marshall will play and the ankle injury to Thomas, but Payton was very tight-lipped on anything to do with the recievers. I think there is a good chance Smith could be a significant factor if Marshall is a scratch again or Thomas doesn't play. This game was a shootout the last time they played and Tampa's secondary hasn't looked so good, so it may be a gamble worth taking because right now I think Smith is their best deep option and I expect the offense to test the Tampa secondary often.

I'll post something if I find out any more, but I think that Payton wants to keep Tampa guessing as to who they will be matching up against this week. Hell, for what I've seen so far you could see Taysom Hill and Tommy Lee Lewis have break out games. 

Thomas practiced yesterday, do he'll likely play. Not bad news for Smith as Thomas will draw double coverage. As we've seen, that doesn't necessarily mean Smith will be the benefactor, but I do believe this is the sort of matchup that he is suited for. 

On 11/22/2018 at 5:53 PM, Gold Standard said:

I'm starting him.

It's either him, Funchess, or Sutton.

Sutton was the way to go to begin with. 

I'd rather rely on track record than a two-game wonder...did he even have two good games? If I lose starting Jarvis Landry, I'll feel better than if I lost starting a Tre'Quan Smith and other players of his ilk.

1 minute ago, loaf said:

I'd rather rely on track record than a two-game wonder...did he even have two good games? If I lose starting Jarvis Landry, I'll feel better than if I lost starting a Tre'Quan Smith and other players of his ilk.

Was not in any way suggesting starting TreQuan over anybody, or that some one hit wonder was better than people who've performed well most of the season, Just saying right now after the week that transpired I can see a lot of second guessing. 

Last week the Rams especially was a matchup issue.  You don't want to play too many guys if they are playing the Bears or the Ravens.  Mahomes was having a pretty bad fantasy day until the last 1 minute.  And that was saved by a 4th and 9.  Tre'Quan is extremely risky and shouldn't be used by almost anyone.  Any first year receiver is a risk.  Sutton, Tre'Quan, John Ross, Ridley, even DJ Moore.  

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's playoff time. You don't even think of playing Tre'quan. 

+1. I've owned him for awhile and managed to play him one week when he hit, then had him in again this week when he missed.

Taking a zero in the playoffs is death and should be avoided at all costs. I dropped him for some other bench WRs.