[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Adams

irish

The Eagles are planning to feature Adams as their starting tailback in Sunday's game against the Giants, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Rapoport notes that Smallwood and Clement will still have roles in the game plan, but won't be used as prominently, while Adams fills a "bell cow" role similar to how Jay Ajayi was used for Philadelphia in the second half of last season.

With Gurley on a bye week for me, i'm plugging Adams in, over guys like Jeffrey, Crowell, and DJ Moore, hoping for the "bell cow" usage. 

Just now, Dcat said:

Good plan.  Although moore and Jeffery could have higher ceilings, their floors are way lower.  Crowell is either a homerun or a strike out.  This Jets fan doesn't trust him at all.

I certainly was not using this as an advice thread, simply stating that with this breaking news, I was starting Adams over the guys I mentioned. 

And no doubt Dcat, I can absolutely see both Jeffrey and Moore outscoring Adams. However, i'm hoping that the Eagles lump the Giants and ride Adams to a 14+ point victory 31-17 or so.

2 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Ajayi never had more than 15 carries for the Eagles.  Pederson hasn't believed in having a bell cow.  Although, the Eagles are desperate so maybe Pederson will change his philosophy if Adams has a hot hand.

more_cowbell5-1972.jpg

I'm with that idea!  I'll take 18-20 carries with 3-4 receptions for 100+ total yards and a TD. 

Would be thrilled!

ETA- And that's one of the best SNL skits ever, along with Schweaty Balls and Dick in a box. 

Edited by irish

2 minutes ago, irish said:

I'm with that idea!  I'll take 18-20 carries with 3-4 receptions for 100+ total yards and a TD. 

Would be thrilled!

ETA- And that's one of the best SNL skits ever, along with Schweaty Balls and Dick in a box. 

I don't think anybody's ever gotten 18+ carries in Dougy P's offense but I'd love to see it. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

I don't think anybody's ever gotten 18+ carries in Dougy P's offense but I'd love to see it. 

As would I!  Now that i'm starting Adams, Clement will score twice, 1 receiving/1 rushing, and Adams will have 40 total yards. LoL!

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The last 3 weeks, Eagle RBs altogether had 21,14 and 10 carries with Adams leading the way with nothing more than 9.  Of course they were getting wrecked by the Saints last week. So him getting 18 would be a huge surprise. However, if they can get up on the Giants, just maybe...

We'll see...

Edited by irish

Just now, irish said:

The last 3 weeks, Eagle RBs altogether had 21,14 and 10 carries with Adams leading the way with nothing more than 9.  Of course they were getting wrecked by the Saints last week. So him getting 18 would be a huge surprise. 

We'll see...

As long as they can keep the Giants offense at Bay he should get close to that. It scares me that the Eagles have been practicing WR's at CB all week. They are beat up in the secondary. It may be a shootout. If so Dougy P will forget they even have RB's by halftime.

Just now, League_Champion said:

As long as they can keep the Giants offense at Bay he should get close to that. It scares me that the Eagles have been practicing WR's at CB all week. They are beat up in the secondary. It may be a shootout. If so Dougy P will forget they even have RB's by halftime.

That is my fear as well and having Jeffrey on the bench with a big game, while Adams is eating popcorn watching him do so,  along with me, would suck. 

34 minutes ago, kdko said:

Got hurt on a kick return :doh:, I think he returned but he's probably a bit banged up :lol:

Saw him in the game on 1 run but then Clement was in. Ugh

Just now, Wolverines Fan said:

Pederson loves his rbbc. :(

Jackass 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Nice! It's the Josh Adams show! 

Yup, run him!!