[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Melvin Gordon's knee

DMD

Dumb, this was an easy game for them to win and many in the organization wanted to rest him. I read he wanted to play.  He should've sat out. 

19 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

Foolish move to let him play today, esp considering they're deep in the playoff hunt.

As an Ekeler owner, however, I'm stoked.

Ekeler didn't really do much with Gordon out earlier in the season.

14 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Ekeler didn't really do much with Gordon out earlier in the season.

It's not a slam-dunk and Jackson will certainly see his share but Ekeler is suddenly an every-week starter in my 14-team .5 PPR league if Gordon misses time.

He only started one game for Gordon, and it was a last-minute move in London. I'd bet he produces more if he's able to take the reins against Pitt.

39 minutes ago, irish said:

Dumb, this was an easy game for them to win and many in the organization wanted to rest him. I read he wanted to play.  He should've sat out. 

Going into today's game he had a questionable status with a hamstring. The injury today had nothing to do with his hamstring. He did not reaggrivate his hamstring. He looked fantastic. There was no reason he should have sat or today.  It's not like the injury he left with was a result of his hammy.  He took someone's leg to his knee.  It was a freak injury.. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Going into today's game he had a questionable status with a hamstring. The injury today had nothing to do with his hamstring. He did not reaggrivate his hamstring. He looked fantastic. There was no reason he should have sat or today.  It's not like the injury he left with was a result of his hammy.  He took someone's leg to his knee.  It was a freak injury.. 

You can never say that 1 injury, especially a lower body one, doesn't play a role in suffering another. Many times players have issues, because of favoring a body part, etc.  To say there's no reason he should've sat today is short sighted, as people within the organization felt it may have been best and I bet they wished he did sit today it. 

Shame either way. 

Edited by irish

1 hour ago, irish said:

You can never say that 1 injury, especially a lower body one, doesn't play a role in suffering another. Many times players have issues, because of favoring a body part, etc.  To say there's no reason he should've sat today is short sighted, as people within the organization felt it may have been best and I bet they wished he did sit today it. 

Shame either way. 

All I'm saying is watch the play.  Screen grab of the injury is below.  His knee was leg whipped after he took the handoff on a reverse.  He wasn't favoring his hammy.  He wasn't favoring it at all during the game.  The coaching staff could have kept him out but they chose not to cause it wasn't serious. 

While he did sustain an injury today, the MCL injury wasn't a result of playing with a pulled muscle in his leg. 

You say people wished he sat?  This same thing could have happened next week!  By your philosophy you're saying he should have sat cause we know what happened when he played.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  But my point is Gordon's knee wasn't leg whipped cause he was favoring his hammy.  His pregame injury status had no role in his new injury.  

IMG_20181125_205418.jpg

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

All I'm saying is watch the play.  Screen grab of the injury is below.  His knee was leg whipped after he took the handoff on a reverse.  He wasn't favoring his hammy.  He wasn't favoring it at all during the game.  The coaching staff could have kept him out but they chose not to cause it wasn't serious. 

While he did sustain an injury today, the MCL injury wasn't a result of playing with a pulled muscle in his leg. 

You say people wished he sat?  This same thing could have happened next week!  By your philosophy you're saying he should have sat cause we know what happened when he played.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  But my point is Gordon's knee wasn't leg whipped cause he was favoring his hammy.  His pregame injury status had no role in his new injury.  

IMG_20181125_205418.jpg

That injury reminds me of how Carson Wentz's knee was was whipped around. He walked off the field without a hitch. We later found out it was much more serious. 

I don't think there's been an announcement on how much time he will miss, but I heard on the radio this morning that he has a pretty bad sprain and speculation is that he will miss up to 4 weeks.  If that holds true - no sense in holding him seeing how he would be back the last game of the season right after most fantasy championships.

Waiting on a more definitive stance from the team before I let him go.. 

Los Angeles Chargers RB Melvin Gordon (knee) had an MRI reveal a Grade 2 sprain of his medial collateral ligament. He will miss the next few weeks, but he could return before the end of the regular season.

Ekeler is a very good player, but Justin Jackson has looked legit when given a chance. I would be surprised if the Chargers give Ekeler feature back status while Gordon is out. I'd guess it might be more like a 60/40 split. Ekeler would still be a high-end RB2 in that scenario. Jackson might be a TD or bust type - just not sure he'll catch many passes compared to Ekeler. 

3 minutes ago, Vikings>Packers said:

Would you start Ekeler over Dalvin Cook?

My feeling is an obvious yes, since Minnesota is not using Cook right, but I'm interested to see any other opinions. 

Not the right place to ask but I'll offer my opinion anyway.  :)

Ekeler has always been a borderline flex player in PPR leagues all season.  Turn him into the man (feature back) for a few weeks where he's not only catching passes but also getting carries, I'm not saying he's RB1 status, but he definitely needs to be penciled into your lineup.  Would I play him over Cook?  Probably - Minnesota is a pass first team and they only run to keep defenses honest.  Not to mention they seem dead set on splitting 50/50 between Cook and Murray.  Cook does offer some upside, but if I had Ekeler and Cook, I'd be starting Ekeler (in a PPR league) every day over Cook.  

Just now, Shorttynaz said:

Not the right place to ask but I'll offer my opinion anyway.  :)

Ekeler has always been a borderline flex player in PPR leagues all season.  Turn him into the man (feature back) for a few weeks where he's not only catching passes but also getting carries, I'm not saying he's RB1 status, but he definitely needs to be penciled into your lineup.  Would I play him over Cook?  Probably - Minnesota is a pass first team and they only run to keep defenses honest.  Not to mention they seem dead set on splitting 50/50 between Cook and Murray.  Cook does offer some upside, but if I had Ekeler and Cook, I'd be starting Ekeler (in a PPR league) every day over Cook.  

This was what I was thinking. Thanks!

And I know this is advice, which is not this forum, but I figured it had to do with the topic and I didn't want to ask a Week 13 advice question during Week 12.

Really bad timing for me. I have held onto Ekeler all year and dropped him this week to cover a bye. Was debating between him or I. Crowell to drop, thought I had a better shot of getting Ekeler back. Now I am sure I will not get him back, since my waiver priority is next to last. Uggh! Stuck with J. Howard or Crowell to start alongside Mixon now.

Should have dropped Howard, lol. I did. Let someone else waste a roster space in the vain hope he'll be worth anything. Chicago is another team that only wants to pass the ball all game long. The only rushing yards/TD's belong to Trubisky. With Gordon a bit dinged lately before this MCL injury methinks the handcuff to him in that offense would have more value.

Edited by Tripleshot

So pissed.  No one's mentioned the fact he got hurt on a stupid trick play.  The guy was gimpy to begin with and they're rolling out trick plays against the Cardinals?  So dumb.

I got Gordon as part of a HUGH blockbuster in one dynasty league.  Hoping the guy that traded him to me wants him back and is OK flipping Hunt to me for Gordon and some sweeteners.  

Have Gordon in a redraft too but I have little hope of beating the 11-0 team who has freakin' Mahomes, Gurley, McCaffrey, etc.  

2 hours ago, Tripleshot said:

Should have dropped Howard, lol. I did. Let someone else waste a roster space in the vain hope he'll be worth anything. Chicago is another team that only wants to pass the ball all game long. The only rushing yards/TD's belong to Trubisky. With Gordon a bit dinged lately before this MCL injury methinks the handcuff to him in that offense would have more value.

Yea you are probably right, Howard has done next to nothing all year. I just couldn't bring myself to drop him since he was one of my keepers. But Ekeler has been better even in a back up role all year than Howard. Of course the week Gordon was on a bye I started Crowell and Howard scored two touchdowns.Now obviously with Gordon out Ekeler is worth much more than Howard.