[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bruce Arians: Browns 'only' team I'd consider coaching

Shaft

3 hours ago, loaf said:

I heard today that Gregg Williams says he walks if he's not made coach, or something like that. If Arians comes, sayonara baby

If a new head coach is hired he may not have an option to stay. Not saying he isn't good or shouldn't stay on as DC (he should get a serious HC interview) but I don't like the idea of forcing a new HC to keep others on the staff. Fine if you discuss it during interview process and they are in agreement, but don't force them to keep people. 

Besides all that, I thought Arians has also been pretty up front in saying "I'm done coaching, I've retired and moved on to broadcasting." He even told his wife he's done and won't return, after his serious health issues he isn't messing around. 

ETA: OK guess I didn't hear/read this latest info, sounds like Arians may be interested and could return to coaching. 

Edited by stevegrab

Seems like Williams and whoever the OC is have some serious chemistry with this team. They are playing very well. Why mess with that ? Would be so Cleveland to go mess up whats working. Too bad Joe Thomas couldn't have been a part of this. 

Edited by Gourdeau

24 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Seems like Williams and whoever the OC is have some serious chemistry with this team. They are playing very well. Why mess with that ? Would be so Cleveland to go mess up whats working. Too bad Joe Thomas couldn't have been a part of this. 

They are not just going to hand them the job, certainly not now and probably not before seeing what other candidates are available. I think at this point Williams/Kitchens(OC) are making a case for being serious candidate for the job. 

So tired of the "it would be so Cleveland" nonsense, Haslam is not in charge this time, so what has been done in the past isn't relevant.