[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most points in a fantasy loss?

actfootball

In ESPN full PPR league (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 te/flex/k/dst), I have put up 159 with Texans D still to play. Yet, my opponent has scored 173!!!!! with Keke Coutee still to go. 

I know that it will take a miracle for me to win, but I'm seriously wondering:

Most points you've ever scored in a loss?

Edited by actfootball

In my main local I am the 4th highest scorer in a 12 team league . I have 4 wins and will not make the playoffs . I have the highest points against by far. It seems every week I would beat 75 % of the league with the exception of the guy I am playing . Its brutal

Not sure what the closest high scoring game has been, our highest score in history was a 171 last week, their opponent had 120 usually enough to win. Now this week one of our worst teams (4-7 record) scored 160 points (Ryan, McCaffrey, Drake, Ridley, Sanders, Amari Cooper, Tucker, Ravens-D, lowest scoring player was Watson with 2). His opponent has less than 80 with Fairbairn left to go. 

Scoring high (top 2-3) and losing sucks. I've documented a bit here in some different threads about a pair of teams who have had good/bad scheduling luck this year. One is 7-4 but would be 45-76 in all play (points for=950, against=984) the other is 5-6 but would be 81-40 in all play (PF=1197, PA=1134).  First team is near the bottom in both points for and against, his good luck allowing him to win a lot of games. The second is top 3 in points scored, 2nd in points against that bad luck costing him a lot of games (including a 2 point loss to me couple few ago). 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Week 1, PPR, we had someone score 179.2 points and lose. 

PPR league some guy scored 173.9 and lost. 

Earlier this season in .5 ppr league I scored 148pts and lost. That’s significant because we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, K, D, no flex. And our QB scoring is 1pt for 50yds. 15pts is a good week for a QB in this league. Usually 100pts gets you a win. The guy I played scored over 160 that week

Yeah 8 team standard last week the guy I was playing had 164 and I had 206. Likely a league record points.  

I am going to be 118-14 overall in my 12 team league and will be 9-3 and might miss a bye.  We can't move to Victory Point soon enough for me. The two guys I will be tied with will have potentially lost 50 games and have the same record as me.  Blows. 

7 hours ago, whomper said:

In my main local I am the 4th highest scorer in a 12 team league . I have 4 wins and will not make the playoffs . I have the highest points against by far. It seems every week I would beat 75 % of the league with the exception of the guy I am playing . Its brutal

Crap luck. As commissioner I make sure a portion of the pot goes to highest PA every season. 

In my 14-team league, I'm #1 in PF by over 100, have won 6 of the 12 weekly points titles, and still have 3 losses...because I also happen to have highest PA. 

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah 8 team standard last week the guy I was playing had 164 and I had 206. Likely a league record points.  

I am going to be 118-14 overall in my 12 team league and will be 9-3 and might miss a bye.  We can't move to Victory Point soon enough for me. The two guys I will be tied with will have potentially lost 50 games and have the same record as me.  Blows. 

Overall record (breakdown, as CBS calls it) is the most important indicator of how good a team actually is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

The guy is in Civil Court over that loss. 

LMAO!!!

1 hour ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

In my local I lead the league in points for, and by a pretty good margin.  I have 3 wins.  Every week it seems I put up the 2nd highest score and play the guy who has the highest.

Been a strange season.

I’ve been there before and it sucks. A few years ago I led the league in scoring for the regular season and missed the playoffs.

22 hours ago, skylive5 said:

In Fusion we have had teams over the years that have scored over 200 points and lose.

:lol: just realized I have the highest points against in fusion too ! And 2 weeks ago bunz beat me 209-200. 

16 hours ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

In my local I lead the league in points for, and by a pretty good margin.  I have 3 wins.  Every week it seems I put up the 2nd highest score and play the guy who has the highest.

Been a strange season.

Ouch that's a lot worse than I've seen, our points leader is 6-6, has had the high score 3 times, but also leads the league in points against (only about 80 points less than he's scored). He has 2 losses from playing the high score of week, he's also lost some close games, and had a few losses where his opponent had one of their 2/3 best scores of the year. 

He leads his division, win to make the playoffs, if he loses needs 2nd place to lose to get in.

Worst. Year. Ever. 16 man league with IDP. Weekly score of 150 usually gets you the win. Lost this year with 168, 169, 188, 194, and, in the cruelest league loss in its 27 years of existence, a 231-213 coup de grace that eliminated me from playoff contention. Damn global warming! We have a team break 200 for a week maybe two or three times a season. Going to finish between 2nd and 4th in points and have a losing record. Can’t complain too much because I have snuck into the playoffs with crappy total points plenty of times, but it’s like all the fantasy karma hit me in a single season.