[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kareem Hunt Altercation

jamesplante11

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

Are you sure?  The article says that team CEO commented about it back in August.

Still, this is not good. 

What does everyone think about possible suspensions?  Probably nothing this year huh, but maybe kicks in during 2019?  Whole season?  Couple of games?  Aghghhghghhghhh

Better be at least six.

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was surprised. He was availability in every one of my leagues. Even the Hunt owners didn't have him. 

Dude...the leagues I'm in...the huddle's 'free agent suggestions' are last month's news.  I have to chuckle when I see the list each week.  Even the 'on the radar' guys are mostly gone.

...and of course, I'm 6-6, desperate for a win in one, and my opponent has Ware (he was NOT a hunt owner).  WTF.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Anyone who hasn’t seen the video needs to watch it. The behavior isn’t excusable, but it also isn’t nearly as severe as what Ray Rice did. It’s also nowhere near as bad as Zeke Elliott beating the living daylights out of his girlfriend more than once. But because it wasn’t taped, Zeke only gets suspended. What Hunt did was much less severe, but video makes it a career ender? All this does is prove the NFL is all about appearances and doesn’t really care about domestic violence. They just want to protect their brand. It’s nauseating. I’m not saying Hunt doesn’t deserve this, but it’s blatant negligence for the NFL to accept worse just because there isn’t video evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

Anyone who hasn’t seen the video needs to watch it. The behavior isn’t excusable, but it also isn’t nearly as severe as what Ray Rice did. It’s also nowhere near as bad as Zeke Elliott beating the living daylights out of his girlfriend more than once. But because it wasn’t taped, Zeke only gets suspended. What Hunt did was much less severe, but video makes it a career ender? All this does is prove the NFL is all about appearances and doesn’t really care about domestic violence. They just want to protect their brand. It’s nauseating. I’m not saying Hunt doesn’t deserve this, but it’s blatant negligence for the NFL to accept worse just because there isn’t video evidence.

Zeke got 6 games on an allegation. Hunt is on video kicking and punching a women. I'd say it's pretty bad. He's looking ar a serious suspension and possible jail time if the victims decide to come forward. And where there's $$$ I guarantee there will be a victim.

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Zeke got 6 games on an allegation. Hunt is on video kicking and punching a women. I'd say it's pretty bad. He's looking ar a serious suspension and possible jail time if the victims decide to come forward. And where there's $$$ I guarantee there will be a victim.

An allegation that included photos, and the police believed the victim was telling the truth.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-domestic-violence-girlfriend-nfl/

• Like 1

Am I the only one who didn’t see a punch hit this woman? I saw a couple of pushes, then Hunt charged which knocked a couple of people down, then a relatively tame looking kick (he clearly didn’t put anywhere near his entire force into it). Again, not condoning these actions, but stating this as a means of trying to understand how this level of offense is worse than what other NFL players only get suspended for.

DIsclaimer: Broncos fan with zero shares of Hunt anywhere, in case you think I have a personal interest in seeing this guy reinstated.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

An allegation that included photos, and the police believed the victim was telling the truth.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-domestic-violence-girlfriend-nfl/

An allegation is an allegation, not a video. You know as well I do that the shock value is far more prevalent when you see it with your own two eyes. It's also going to initiate a criminal investigation. It's nothing like the Zeke case.