[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kareem Hunt Altercation

jamesplante11

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

An allegation is an allegation, not a video. You know as well I do that the shock value is far more prevalent when you see it with your own two eyes. It's also going to initiate a criminal investigation. It's nothing like the Zeke case. 

Charges were never filed back in February when this took place. Curious why it took this long for the video to surface...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

If that assault occurred in my County we'd be investigating it as we speak, trying to interview the victims, hotel staff, etc. It's not going to go away. It's only going to get worse for Hunt.

Dude, this all happened nearly a year ago. Nobody ever pressed charges. And, quite frankly, this is being blown way out of proportion for what it is. Hunt lost his temper because the woman called one of his friends the N word, and he tried to go after her, succeeding in pushing her twice and kicking her if you want to call it that. But feel free to lump this in with Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her across the floor to an elevator.

• Like 2

Just now, MTSuper7 said:

Dude, this all happened nearly a year ago. Nobody ever pressed charges. And, quite frankly, this is being blown way out of proportion for what it is. Hunt lost his temper because the woman called one of his friends the N word, and he tried to go after her, succeeding in pushing her twice and kicking her if you want to call it that. But feel free to lump this in with Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her across the floor to an elevator.

Now that it's out there you don't think the victim will come out for a big payday? I can't say for certain but I wouldn't be surprised.

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Zeke got 6 games on an allegation. Hunt is on video kicking and punching a women. I'd say it's pretty bad. He's looking ar a serious suspension and possible jail time if the victims decide to come forward. And where there's $$$ I guarantee there will be a victim.

Yea....that wasn't an allegation they had statements and photo evidence of abuse. Hunt on the other hand there is zero risk of jail time....it was already investigated by law enforcement and no charges were filed. She will undoubtedly try to money grub from him but that's about as far as it will go. This was simply an overreaction by the Chiefs who took a PR hit when they drafted Tyreek Hill....yea the guy everyone loves but punched his pregnant girlfriend. 

1 minute ago, seadogs said:

Yea....that wasn't an allegation they had statements and photo evidence of abuse. Hunt on the other hand there is zero risk of jail time....it was already investigated by law enforcement and no charges were filed. She will undoubtedly try to money grub from him but that's about as far as it will go. This was simply an overreaction by the Chiefs who took a PR hit when they drafted Tyreek Hill....yea the guy everyone loves but punched his pregnant girlfriend. 

I agree with you that if the video never surfaced it's no harm, no foul. Now it's a PR nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Now that it's out there you don't think the victim will come out for a big payday? I can't say for certain but I wouldn't be surprised.

Sure, a pay day wouldn’t surprise me, but you don’t need to file criminal charges to get that.

1 hour ago, MTSuper7 said:

Charges were never filed back in February when this took place. Curious why it took this long for the video to surface...

The victim chose not to file charges at the time. But the State does not need a victim to file assault charges against Hunt. Especially if the video wasn't presented to them at the time of the call. More than likely they won't, but they can absolutely file assaul charges against him. He wouldn't do any time. It would be a misdemeanor 2 (probation) and could open the door for a civil suit. I don't expect anything more to come out of this but it could. 

Edited by League_Champion

I see 1 important difference between the rice incident and the hunt incident, while I agree visually rice incident is much worse.

Rice was actively being assaulted himself in that elevator, he had nowhere to go and retaliated, could be argued he was defending himself ( lawyers argument not mine)

In hunts situation he actively is going towards this woman. He has multiple people trying to pull him back and remove him from the situation. Although the result was less gross than the rice, the circumstances are more aggravating to me in the hunt case, it shows a much more predatory action rather than a reactionary response. 

I just watched the video and was surprised. After everything I’ve heard and read I thought it was going to be far worse. I’m not condoning violence against women, but if she was using the n-word than I don’t feel bad for her. 

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

I just watched the video and was surprised. After everything I’ve heard and read I thought it was going to be far worse. I’m not condoning violence against women, but if she was using the n-word than I don’t feel bad for her. 

She's a white trash dirt bag and probably needed a good beatdown. Too bad for Hunt it was on video. But now that it's out there he's gotta deal with the consequences whatever they may be. 

Kareem Hunt, the straw that broke the camels back. After 10 + years of LM/FFL this is the last straw. I can no longer in good conscience ask owners for entry fees knowing an owner in every league will have a winning season destroyed because of stuff like this every year.  Rice, AP, 'no-show' Bell, on and on it never ends. Injuries are bad enough, but these unnecessary actions by elite players every season has got old. I have 6 $$ leagues, one is in season 10, I intend to get owners to take over as LM in 2019, I'll remain on next year as just a owner to help the transitions, and done after that.  I know I should be more upset about the 'victim', but every league gets messed up & outcome altered, and somebody gets cheated every league every season because of these idiots. They have ruined a great thing.

Not to mention ruining their real live team's seasons as well. All fans are sick of it. Crap like this should be resolved prior to the season. Anything that comes up in-season should be dealt with afterwards. Hunt should have been investigated & released prior to this season, or not until next February. No action should be taken on this stuff until the offseason. Let everything play out then deal with it.

Then it doesn't affect the outcome of the NFL or FFL.

I just can't ask friends for $$ anymore, knowing most likely the best team will be cheated out of the win every league every year by these fools.

It was great years ago but been going downhill since Rice, just gets worse

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

She's a white trash dirt bag and probably needed a good beatdown. Too bad for Hunt it was on video. But now that it's out there he's gotta deal with the consequences whatever they may be. 

If she's a white trash racist then why is she hanging out with them in the first place?