[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

raise your hand if Thursday night ended your season

Dcat

Ah, sorry to hear that. This is the first week of our playoffs (2 weeks for each matchup) and my opponent had Brees and Thomas. I think that effectively killed his chances even though it is a two week matchup. For context, here are our teams...I don't think he can make up enough ground this week or next week with his roster. I was already fairly confident I'd beat him if Brees and Thomas scored less than 50 combined last night and they scored 15.4...

Mine:

Winston

DJ/Chubb

AB/Julio/Evans

Kittle

Titans D

Crosby

His:

Brees

Gurley/Peterson/Adams

Thomas/Allen

Reed

KC D

Gostkowski

I was worried about Brees and Thomas making up those points vs. TB next week, but I think no matter what they score it won't be able to make up for this horrible outing. Also, I have Winston and Evans going in that game too, which is arguably as good a matchup as Brees and Thomas vs. TB.

Edited by turbotooslow

In two of my leagues that are trying to reach the playoffs, I faced Brees and in the other I faced Brees, Kamara and Lutz. I may make the playoffs because of that game.

I own Ingram in three leagues of five, unfortunately I went all in on him given the projected point total of the game was as high as it was. Even played Tre"Quan in one league, at least that one's a Points only league that I've virtually locked up. But still :bash:

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

All I have is Ingram so it didn't affect me too much.  I didn't see the game, what was the deal?  Shocking to see Dallas shut them down so effectively.  

To me, it was the single greatest defensive performance I can remember. Because the Saints are historically great on offense, seeing a team absolutely demolish them defensively was as exciting, if not more, than watching a high-powered shootout. Because no one expected it. It was truly amazing to watch.

If you are a big enough football fan, and you find yourself with some spare time, I'd recommend watching it with the commentary. It truly was a jaw-dropping 60 minutes of football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

To me, it was the single greatest defensive performance I can remember. Because the Saints are historically great on offense, seeing a team absolutely demolish them defensively was as exciting, if not more, than watching a high-powered shootout. Because no one expected it. It was truly amazing to watch.

If you are a big enough football fan, and you find yourself with some spare time, I'd recommend watching it with the commentary. It truly was a jaw-dropping 60 minutes of football.

Cool thanks for that, I will

• Like 1

didn't end my season... probably had very little effect actually. but i just want to say that tre'quan smith is the most frustrating fantasy player ever lol

i've been trying to find a WR2 since i lost will fuller and geronimo allison in the same week. i've been cycling between guys like tre'quan, donte moncrief, etc. it's the same cycle every time:

one week: tre'quan goes off for 25+ points on my bench

next week: i start tre'quan and he goes for zero points on zero-to-one targets

next week: i put him back on the bench.... and he blows up for 25+ again

:bash:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pun said:

didn't end my season... probably had very little effect actually. but i just want to say that tre'quan smith is the most frustrating fantasy player ever lol

i've been trying to find a WR2 since i lost will fuller and geronimo allison in the same week. i've been cycling between guys like tre'quan, donte moncrief, etc. it's the same cycle every time:

one week: tre'quan goes off for 25+ points on my bench

next week: i start tre'quan and he goes for zero points on zero-to-one targets

next week: i put him back on the bench.... and he blows up for 25+ again

:bash:

commonly known as "the Sammy Watkins Syndrome".