[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUNT WAS JUST RELEASED

peoplehater

I've been offline and away from everthing for the better part of the day.

Just logged on and saw this news. Wow. :blink:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Well considering I am in 110 leagues (100 redraft and 10 dynasty) this news hit me hard from all angles.  This has been a whirlwind night.  I had owned Hunt in 2 dynasty leagues I say had because I had an offer come down to me about 1 hour before Hunt was released.  The guy offered me Barkley for Fournette and Hunt.  I countered with another offer trying to put Cook in place of Fournette with some other stuff also added in on both sides.  He rejected it then pulled the offer from Barkley.  I then reoffered him Cook and Hunt for Barkley it sat there for 15 minutes he rejected and offered me back the same offer Hunt and Fournette for Barkley with a note this is the only deal he will take.  So I took it and within like 1 minute of hitting accept the Hunt release news broke..........

I do not own Hunt much in redraft but I did have a couple of really great teams and now those are destroyed with no chance to win the big check.  

One thing that stings really bad right now is my 4th best RTS team I own had Ware on it and I dropped Ware in final week of waivers last week because I had Rams D so I had to get a D with them on bye as I was trying to catch the #1 seed boy does that suck now since my RB 2 is Barber and this is really good team so that hurts.

Have Ware on a few teams that are good so we will see how that plays out.  Crazy night.

• Like 1

I just looked through my nine leagues and while almost all of the Hunt owners are in the top 4 of the league, not one of them owned Ware. In a few leagues, the owner was #1. Including in big money leagues.

16 minutes ago, DMD said:

I just looked through my nine leagues and while almost all of the Hunt owners are in the top 4 of the league, not one of them owned Ware. In a few leagues, the owner was #1. Including in big money leagues.

This is gonna kill the Hunt owners who didn't have him & Ware handcuffed. I have Hunt in a few leagues but didn't have Ware. I was fortunate to pick him up in every league early today. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

Well considering I am in 110 leagues (100 redraft and 10 dynasty) this news hit me hard from all angles.  This has been a whirlwind night.  I had owned Hunt in 2 dynasty leagues I say had because I had an offer come down to me about 1 hour before Hunt was released.  The guy offered me Barkley for Fournette and Hunt.  I countered with another offer trying to put Cook in place of Fournette with some other stuff also added in on both sides.  He rejected it then pulled the offer from Barkley.  I then reoffered him Cook and Hunt for Barkley it sat there for 15 minutes he rejected and offered me back the same offer Hunt and Fournette for Barkley with a note this is the only deal he will take.  So I took it and within like 1 minute of hitting accept the Hunt release news broke..........

I wonder if that guy is little unhappy right now. :lol:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

21 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I wonder if that guy is little unhappy right now. :lol:

I reached out to him a little bit ago he said he expected this and factored it into the trade offer.  I was shocked I didn't see that coming.  I thought it be like Zeke was 6 game suspension at some point then back on the team.

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

does he make it through waivers? WAS going to pick up another questionable player on the exempt list? I'm going to guess that he's claimed by OAK. Gruden's 10 year contract and moving to LV, seems like a safe move for them to make as Hunt will have time to "redeem" himself before Vegas.

Not a chance. There will be a hefty suspension on the backside of this. 

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

but there's little to no risk for a team... beyond the potential for a massive public relations nightmare. Which is why I think it works for OAK as they're leaving town.

You just hit it on the head. Who the hell wants that PR nightmare for a guy who is going to be suspended for a very long time.? Zeke got 6 games for nothing. You ain't gonna see Hunt for a long time if at all. 

Just now, LordOpie said:

well, as I said, OAK is in a no-lose position since they are losing. They can afford the PR problem. Gruden can't be fired any time soon since he is in year one of a 10 year contract.

but also, why would the team who claims him care if he's suspended a year? They're not paying him. And isn't OAK moving after next season? If Hunt is suspended a whopping 20 games, he'll return in time for week one in LV

They would still have to pay him as he is on the commissioner's exempt list.  Payment stops when he gets suspended.

• DMD locked this topic