[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUNT WAS JUST RELEASED

peoplehater

About 3-4 days ago I picked up both Ware and Brown (Gurley handcuff) because I was absolutely stacked with starters and probably wasn't going to need anybody on my bench. There are a couple teams that are worth stashing their backup RBs based on a combination of the backup's talent, history, offensive system, offensive success, etc....Ware is definitely one and I'm glad I somehow had the wherewithall to grab him. Could not have worked out better.

27 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

I reached out to him a little bit ago he said he expected this and factored it into the trade offer.  I was shocked I didn't see that coming.  I thought it be like Zeke was 6 game suspension at some point then back on the team.

He factored that into the trade offer? I don't believe that for one second. What kind of leage is this? Even if it's a redraft league, I find that very, very hard to believe. I'd call him out on his BS if I were you. I mean, I think there is literally less than a 1% chance that he "knew." Is he some kind of psychic, or TMZ/NFL insider? And the funny part is, if he DID INDEED KNOW, it makes him even dumber for sending the trade!

Edited by turbotooslow

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

thanks for that capt. obvious... do you think he's going to be on the exempt list very long? And do you think OAK would hesitate to pay his $35,000/week while waiting for the suspension?

Why would they? The suspension is inevitable. There's no chance Hunt gets out if this one. And it's only gonna get worse. This is how it works. This is now a CRIMINAL investigation, charges WILL be filed eventually. There will be victim(s) that come forward for a big payday, etc. It's gonna be a pile on. There's not a team in the world that wants that on their plate. 

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You just hit it on the head. Who the hell wants that PR nightmare for a guy who is going to be suspended for a very long time.? Zeke got 6 games for nothing. You ain't gonna see Hunt for a long time if at all. 

If you ask me Zeke was worse. She had numerous bruises all over her in the police report. I've watched the Kareem video numerous times and while it isn't pretty I don't see anything that really would be considered assault. Actually, I do see assault but that would probably be when she hit him in the face and spat on him. Yea, he shoved her away after that but she came right back...he then ends up pushing one of the guys in the video who falls into her knocking her over. That "kick" is overblown as well. Was it bad? Yes, undeniably, but the police didn't see enough to press charges either. I'd have zero problems with my team picking him up....compared to what guys like Hill, Big Ben, Mixon, and many more have done this was nothing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

why?  IF a team doesn't care about the PR situation, then there's literally no risk involved.

doesn't matter, we'll know soon if he's claimed.

I get your.point but He can't be claimed. He's on the exempt list. He's technically not even in the NFL right now. There's a lot to sort out before he'll be eligible for anything.

1 hour ago, Henry Muto said:

Well considering I am in 110 leagues (100 redraft and 10 dynasty) this news hit me hard from all angles.  This has been a whirlwind night.  I had owned Hunt in 2 dynasty leagues I say had because I had an offer come down to me about 1 hour before Hunt was released.  The guy offered me Barkley for Fournette and Hunt.  I countered with another offer trying to put Cook in place of Fournette with some other stuff also added in on both sides.  He rejected it then pulled the offer from Barkley.  I then reoffered him Cook and Hunt for Barkley it sat there for 15 minutes he rejected and offered me back the same offer Hunt and Fournette for Barkley with a note this is the only deal he will take.  So I took it and within like 1 minute of hitting accept the Hunt release news broke..........

I do not own Hunt much in redraft but I did have a couple of really great teams and now those are destroyed with no chance to win the big check.  

One thing that stings really bad right now is my 4th best RTS team I own had Ware on it and I dropped Ware in final week of waivers last week because I had Rams D so I had to get a D with them on bye as I was trying to catch the #1 seed boy does that suck now since my RB 2 is Barber and this is really good team so that hurts.

Have Ware on a few teams that are good so we will see how that plays out.  Crazy night.

Hold on. You are in 110 leagues? How do you even do that? 

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

so WAS couldn't claim Rueben Foster? Because some people here insist that the teams knew he was going on the exempt list before being claimed. I think you're guessing. That's fine, we'll find out soon.

Opie, aren't you the guy who still thinks Leveon Bell is available? Didn't I shoot you straight on that one? Trust me. 

24 minutes ago, seadogs said:

If you ask me Zeke was worse. She had numerous bruises all over her in the police report. I've watched the Kareem video numerous times and while it isn't pretty I don't see anything that really would be considered assault. Actually, I do see assault but that would probably be when she hit him in the face and spat on him. Yea, he shoved her away after that but she came right back...he then ends up pushing one of the guys in the video who falls into her knocking her over. That "kick" is overblown as well. Was it bad? Yes, undeniably, but the police didn't see enough to press charges either. I'd have zero problems with my team picking him up....compared to what guys like Hill, Big Ben, Mixon, and many more have done this was nothing.

I agree 100% with this. It’s not at all good what Hunt did, but this screams isolated incident where the woman was doing everything she could to provoke these guys. There is a reason charges where never pressed in the first place.

1 minute ago, MTSuper7 said:

I agree 100% with this. It’s not at all good what Hunt did, but this screams isolated incident where the woman was doing everything she could to provoke these guys. There is a reason charges where never pressed in the first place.

I can't agree. In the video he clearly runs up and kicks the girl as she's sitting on the ground defenseless. That's assault, not self defense.

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I can't agree. In the video he clearly runs up and kicks the girl as she's sitting on the ground defenseless. That's assault, not self defense.

Technically, it was a kick. The same way that technically Brady threw an incompletion via the tuck rule to save New England’s postseason in 2001.

3 hours ago, Red Storm said:

I like Williams and feel he might actually get more of the running load. While ware is prone to injury. 

Why is he prone to injury? I get that you think Williams will be the guy and I don't necessarily disagree, he played pretty well with Miami. But promoting him by using an unsubstantiated opinion if the starter as your argument doesn't hold a lot of water. I think Ware has shown enough and is far enough removed to believe his knee is healthy and other than that, I don't recall him having any significant injury history. 

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Asking the real questions.  I don't think that was a typo.  Does Henry do FF for a living?

Yes he does.  He doesn't post too much as he is busy managing his teams.

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Why would they? The suspension is inevitable. There's no chance Hunt gets out if this one. And it's only gonna get worse. This is how it works. This is now a CRIMINAL investigation, charges WILL be filed eventually. There will be victim(s) that come forward for a big payday, etc. It's gonna be a pile on. There's not a team in the world that wants that on their plate. 

This happened back in February, there already was a criminal investigation, NO charges were filed.

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Asking the real questions.  I don't think that was a typo.  Does Henry do FF for a living?

No I don't do this for a living this is a hobby though it really is a 2nd job during football season as I spent almost all my free time doing something for FF.

I work your standard 40 hour a week job actually just had  my 24 year anniversary there on Thursday.

I actually do more work then I need to I keep spreadsheets on all my rosters that ends up being 11 pages long I update with every waiver move and print out on Friday's to use when I am looking at my teams instead of the sites and then I write a check mark next to the player I want to start and if any guys are questionable I write their name in red so I can track them them while I am inputting the lineup on the real site.  What really takes me a lot of time is I put in all of mine and my opp lineups on another 12 spreadsheets that takes like 6 hours on Saturday then Sunday night I put in all the scores so on Monday I can print them out and know exactly how much ahead or behind I am in each league and who each team has left.

2 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

No I don't do this for a living this is a hobby though it really is a 2nd job during football season as I spent almost all my free time doing something for FF.

I work your standard 40 hour a week job actually just had  my 24 year anniversary there on Thursday.

I actually do more work then I need to I keep spreadsheets on all my rosters that ends up being 11 pages long I update with every waiver move and print out on Friday's to use when I am looking at my teams instead of the sites and then I write a check mark next to the player I want to start and if any guys are questionable I write their name in red so I can track them them while I am inputting the lineup on the real site.  What really takes me a lot of time is I put in all of mine and my opp lineups on another 12 spreadsheets that takes like 6 hours on Saturday then Sunday night I put in all the scores so on Monday I can print them out and know exactly how much ahead or behind I am in each league and who each team has left.

Help is available, but first you have to be able to admit you have a problem. 😉

• Haha 2

• DMD locked this topic