[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUNT WAS JUST RELEASED

peoplehater

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

This happened back in February, there already was a criminal investigation, NO charges were filed.

Yes but apparently the investigating  PD weren't aware of the video until now either. At least that's what I'm told. I could be wrong and apologize if so. But  If true the State can prosecute without a victim.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Yes but apparently the investigating  PD weren't aware of the video until now either. At least that's what I'm told. I could be wrong and apologize if so. But  If true the State can prosecute without a victim.

My understanding is that the Police have had the video for quite sometime but would not release it. They have the video from the hallway as well as the body cam videos of the on scene interviews with all involved parties. They determined not to make any arrests and obviously the DA has decided there isn't enough there for a case. I've watched these videos numerous times as well as the interviews and police statements. This is being so blown out of proportion it's absurd. Total sensationalism at it's finest. Hunt kicked these two girls out of his room when he returned from a night out and found them there...both were 19. There story is they were told to leave because they wouldn't agree to sleep with one of his friends. Of course if that were true why did they spend the next thirty minutes outside the room banging on the door to be let back in? No, there story doesn't make sense at all. Probably what the cops on scene thought as well.

The "victim" is the one who hit Hunt in the face, and allegedly used racial slurs and spat on him. This provoked a shove which I don't find to be unreasonable if someone did that to me. At this point the "victim" decides to still go back and further antagonize him. Hunt then pushes a male friend who falls into drunk girl knocking her over. Then comes the "kick" which is almost laughable to call it that. Yea, where Hunt screwed the pooch is by exiting his room to confront her instead of calling hotel security. He was stupid for even getting into this type of situation. However, people acting like he is a woman beater and should never be allowed to play football again are being absurd. Tyreek Hill beat and choked his pregnant girlfriend but Chiefs signed him anyways. Mixon knocked the hell out of a young woman with a devastating punch. Rice flat out uppercut his girlfriend knocking her out cold and then dragged her across the floor.....comparing what Hunt did to any of these is asinine.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i bet I could hire a cheap lawyer to plead that down to a misdemeanor, then to a "deferred judgement" (assuming that state allows DJs), and then 30 hours community service with the charge nullified after one year's good behavior.

And that would be with a cheap lawyer. Hunt has way way more money than I do.

Hunt will play again after serving a "reasonable" suspension (I'll guess 12 games). Why? Because what he did is absolutely nothing compared to what this monster did...

adrian-peterson-child-abuse-case-nfl-201

Did y'all know that AP STILL "disciplines" his son?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

“I had to discipline my son and spank him the other day with a belt,” Peterson told Master Tesfatsion of Bleacher Report.

November 21, 2018

Do we all agree that Hunt hitting some woman is no where near as bad as AP hitting a small child? And this piece of manure is still in the NFL. So Hunt is a complete non-story... and is nothing more than the NFL attempting image control.

No, I don't think everyone will agree with you. I don't condone either, but it's interesting that AP made it back into the league, but Ray Rice didn't. It's too many variables which makes it hard to come to a logical conclusion on how one made it back into the league and the other did not. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i bet I could hire a cheap lawyer to plead that down to a misdemeanor, then to a "deferred judgement" (assuming that state allows DJs), and then 30 hours community service with the charge nullified after one year's good behavior.

And that would be with a cheap lawyer. Hunt has way way more money than I do.

Hunt will play again after serving a "reasonable" suspension (I'll guess 12 games). Why? Because what he did is absolutely nothing compared to what this monster did...

adrian-peterson-child-abuse-case-nfl-201

Did y'all know that AP STILL "disciplines" his son?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

“I had to discipline my son and spank him the other day with a belt,” Peterson told Master Tesfatsion of Bleacher Report.

November 21, 2018

Do we all agree that Hunt hitting some woman is no where near as bad as AP hitting a small child? And this piece of manure is still in the NFL. So Hunt is a complete non-story... and is nothing more than the NFL attempting image control.

Your right. Even if charged he wouldn't see a day of jail time. It's probably a misdemeanor 2. Probation & anger management. He'll be back in the NFL. It's just the fallout that comes with it.

43 minutes ago, Shaft said:

No, I don't think everyone will agree with you. I don't condone either, but it's interesting that AP made it back into the league, but Ray Rice didn't. It's too many variables which makes it hard to come to a logical conclusion on how one made it back into the league and the other did not. 

There’s really only one variable that matters. No video of AP hitting his kid. Maybe a second variable - public reaction to AP returning to the league after his suspension. There was no uproar, so he was able to make it back.

45 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Ray Rice was on the tail end of his career at the time and the AP incident was a personal matter on how he should or shouldn't discipline his kid. Didn't we all get it sooner or later? 

Just now, LordOpie said:

wait, you people think the welts, bruises and cuts on that kid's body are borderline reasonable? That they might compare equally to an obnoxious woman who was trespassing (that's a crime when you're told to leave someplace that isn't yours)?

wow. I guess I'm alone here that child abuse is worse.

I was saying that toungue and cheek. Of course it is terrible. I would never condone hitting a child. Unfortunately it's very common down South to discipline your child with a switch. It's NOT right but that's the culture. Not usually to that extent. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

There’s really only one variable that matters. No video of AP hitting his kid. Maybe a second variable - public reaction to AP returning to the league after his suspension. There was no uproar, so he was able to make it back.

There were pictures and there was an uproar. I remember broadcasters shunning him.

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Ray Rice was on the tail end of his career at the time and the AP incident was a personal matter on how he should or shouldn't discipline his kid. Didn't we all get it sooner or later? 

Ray Rice was only 26 and had an injury plagued season, it was not the tail end of a career.

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:
8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was saying that toungue and cheek. Of course it is terrible. I would never condone hitting a child. Unfortunately it's very common down South to discipline your child with a switch. It's NOT right but that's the culture. Not usually to that extent. 

wait, you people think the welts, bruises and cuts on that kid's body are borderline reasonable? That they might compare equally to an obnoxious woman who was trespassing (that's a crime when you're told to leave someplace that isn't yours)?

wow. I guess I'm alone here that child abuse is worse.

AP openly said he still spanks his children, and LC is correct in that it's culturally accepted in some parts of the country. I don't think it's fair to compare one situation with the next. AP got suspended for the year and teams were willing to give him a second chance. Time will tell if they will give Hunt a similar opportunity. 

12 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

No I don't do this for a living this is a hobby though it really is a 2nd job during football season as I spent almost all my free time doing something for FF.

I work your standard 40 hour a week job actually just had  my 24 year anniversary there on Thursday.

I actually do more work then I need to I keep spreadsheets on all my rosters that ends up being 11 pages long I update with every waiver move and print out on Friday's to use when I am looking at my teams instead of the sites and then I write a check mark next to the player I want to start and if any guys are questionable I write their name in red so I can track them them while I am inputting the lineup on the real site.  What really takes me a lot of time is I put in all of mine and my opp lineups on another 12 spreadsheets that takes like 6 hours on Saturday then Sunday night I put in all the scores so on Monday I can print them out and know exactly how much ahead or behind I am in each league and who each team has left.

Are you sure you don't do it for a living??  I saw a 200K prize in there on one of your leagues!

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Dog fighting is common in some places, that was a big part of the Vick story. People beat there wives in some areas, none of that makes it ok.

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

There might have been no video, but there was physical evidence... several injuries to a child. Pictures earlier in the thread. And AP admitting that he does beat his child.

I'm disgusted by anyone who sees abusing a defenseless child and an adult woman being barely pushed and barely kicked as the same level of horrible.

Your right. But isn't the worst thing about all of this that the NFL doesn't care until it's out there? They knew about all of these incidents well prior to them being made public. If they weren't made public nothing would have happened. They are hypocrites.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Um, not really. Maybe in rural areas, but that would be across the nation. I love it when people who are not from the South or have spent very little time in the South try to associate negative stereotypes such as this with the entire region. 

Just now, rajncajn said:

Um, not really. Maybe in rural areas, but that would be across the nation. I love it when people who are not from the South or have spent very little time in the South try to associate negative stereotypes such as this with the entire region. 

I'm from South Carolina. Unlike up North t's not unusual for folks to discipline their kids as they were. That doesn't make it right, it's terrible but they don't know different. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

amen. And apparently, Hunt wasn't released for "hitting" two people, but rather not being honest with KC. KC and NFL are all hypocrits.

If Hunt was not honest about what actually transpired how does that make KC hypocrites for not releasing him until they found out the truth due to the video leak?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm from South Carolina. Unlike up North t's not unusual for folks to discipline their kids as they were. That doesn't make it right, it's terrible but they don't know different. 

Huge difference between spanking your children and beating them with a switch. I've lived in the South my entire life and have never known anyone who was beaten the way AP did with his child. That is nowhere near common. 

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

If Hunt was not honest about what actually transpired how does that make KC hypocrites for not releasing him until they found out the truth due to the video leak?

Your on fire today aren't you. KC knew of the altercation. But instead of digger deeper with an internal investigating they just interview Hunt. What do you think he'd say? Exactly what KC wants him to say!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Huge difference between spanking your children and beating them with a switch. I've lived in the South my entire life and have never known anyone who was beaten the way AP did with his child. That is nowhere near common. 

Your not from where AP is from and we're probably way more fortunate in life growing up. Were you beat? Probably not. 

Just now, LordOpie said:

because they released him for him lying to them, not for hitting a woman.

KC - Kareem, what is this police report about? Says you were in an altercation with a woman in a hotel. 

Kareem - It was nothing, we got into an argument because she called my friend the N word and then refused to leave. The police were called, no charges were filled. It's over. 

KC - Ok, we believe you. 

Video comes out

KC - Kareem, you lied to us about what happened. You shoved that woman and kicked her. You are fired.

• Like 1

Just now, rajncajn said:

KC - Kareem, what is this police report about? Says you were in an altercation with a woman in a hotel. 

Kareem - It was nothing, we got into an argument because she called my friend the N word and then refused to leave. The police were called, no charges were filled. It's over. 

KC - Ok, we believe you. 

Video comes out

KC - Kareem, you lied to us about what happened. You shoved that woman and kicked her. You are fired.

An internal investigation would have uncovered the tape immediately. THEY DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW! That's the reality 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Your not from where AP is from and we're probably way more fortunate in life growing up. Were you beat? Probably not. 

Neither are you, so who are you to say what is common there and what is not? Yes, I was spanked as a child, as were the majority of my friends. I also spanked my children in very rare occasions. 

And actually, until I was a teenager, I spent my summers in Temple where my mom lived. 

Edited by rajncajn

• DMD locked this topic