[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: C.J. Anderson to the Chiefs

Wolverines Fan

Just now, LordOpie said:

pure guess on my part (if he's not injured), he asked CAR for his release because he had about 2 touches per game and that would kill his career, so he figures, get released, choose an opportunity that could show he still has productive value and then sign a new contract next season. So he waited for a team that is still competing that also has a need at RB. If he strings together five good games, that changes his future... in CAR, he was dead in the water

Your right. And no better place to revive your career than in a juggernaut offense like KC's.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

if he's healthy, he'll be the #1 RB on KC within a few weeks.

I just do not see this happening. Reid's playbook is notoriously hard to grasp. He may be part of a committee approach but I do not see him jumping up the depth chart like that. 

Edited by chiefswarpath
  • Like 1

West makes a lot more sense since he knows the playbook. I suspect the Chiefs want a couple of guys to split the load that Hunt was getting. 

As for CJ, maybe he just isn't as good as some people think, he's had chances and done ok, but apparently not good enough to hold onto a starter's job. West had some good stretches with the Chiefs including 2016 when he started 9 games (160-634-4)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

for those you think CJ was done, I lol at you...

8694.jpg

C.J. Anderson exploded for 167 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries while securing one catch for a five-yard loss on three targets Sunday in the Rams’ Week 16 win over Arizona.

Anderson, who was sitting on his couch unemployed as of four days ago, absolutely annihilated the Cardinals in his Rams debut, delivering his most rushing yards since Week 13 of 2014. Filling in for an injured Todd Gurley (knee), Anderson could not be stopped on Sunday. He routinely broke off huge gains, contributing runs of 27 and 46 yards. He also found time to visit the end zone, scoring his first touchdown since Week 3 on a four-yard gallop with just over two minutes remaining in the second quarter. After underwhelming stints in both Carolina and Oakland, it's easy to forget that Anderson rushed for over 1,000 yards in Denver last season. Anderson will be an appealing DFS option next week if Gurley can't get the green light or is rested against San Francisco. Dec 23 - 7:22 PM

I didn't forget... go CJ!

I can't fathom how he wasn't on a roster. It's unreal to me. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

hahahaha

Give opie props CJ definitely has something left, we'll see what comes next season, if a team makes him a workhorse. He wonton get any more work behind a healthy Gurley than he was getting with the Panthers

• Thanks 1

The thing to remember is that CJ Anderson is less a discovered gem than he is just a decent back playing in a great offense. Would James Cooner do as well playing where the passing game wasn't one of the top 3 in the NFL? Anderson gets the benefit of playing in the #1 offense. His career speaks much more to his future than what he's done playing with a 5000 yard/50 TD QB that has the defense on their heels.

4 hours ago, DMD said:

The thing to remember is that CJ Anderson is less a discovered gem than he is just a decent back playing in a great offense. Would James Cooner do as well playing where the passing game wasn't one of the top 3 in the NFL? Anderson gets the benefit of playing in the #1 offense. His career speaks much more to his future than what he's done playing with a 5000 yard/50 TD QB that has the defense on their heels.

He's clearly the best RB evah and will be the highest paid RB in the NFL next year. He's like Eddie Lacy with an offensive line!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Give opie props CJ definitely has something left, we'll see what comes next season, if a team makes him a workhorse. He wonton get any more work behind a healthy Gurley than he was getting with the Panthers

Let's not get carried away here lol. His head is like the Hindenburg at times and could easily explode, killing many innocent passengers along the way. 

but yes...I give him props. I was just laughing at his "... you trying to kill me" comment. 

Edited by tazinib1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...