Wolverines Fan

Rumor: C.J. Anderson to the Chiefs

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I'm shocked he's not in the league. There has to be something we don't know about. 

this.

if he's healthy, he'll be the #1 RB on KC within a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I know. I always liked CJ. Why the heck is he sitting home? 

pure guess on my part (if he's not injured), he asked CAR for his release because he had about 2 touches per game and that would kill his career, so he figures, get released, choose an opportunity that could show he still has productive value and then sign a new contract next season. So he waited for a team that is still competing that also has a need at RB. If he strings together five good games, that changes his future... in CAR, he was dead in the water

Just now, LordOpie said:

pure guess on my part (if he's not injured), he asked CAR for his release because he had about 2 touches per game and that would kill his career, so he figures, get released, choose an opportunity that could show he still has productive value and then sign a new contract next season. So he waited for a team that is still competing that also has a need at RB. If he strings together five good games, that changes his future... in CAR, he was dead in the water

Your right. And no better place to revive your career than in a juggernaut offense like KC's.

• Thanks 2

CJ got a bad shake.  He deserves better than to be riding the bench watching McCaffrey get 30 touches per game.  Not that McCaffrey isn't a stud but CJ's only got so much time, hopefully he can still bring it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

if he's healthy, he'll be the #1 RB on KC within a few weeks.

I just do not see this happening. Reid's playbook is notoriously hard to grasp. He may be part of a committee approach but I do not see him jumping up the depth chart like that. 

Edited by chiefswarpath
  • Like 1

Just now, chiefswarpath said:

I just do not see this happening. Reid's playbook notoriously is hard to grasp. He may me part of a committee approach but I do not see him jumping up the depth chart like that. 

CJ is much smarter than the average RB. Maybe you're right, but I think CJ has a very good chance.

Looks like they are going to sign C. West due to his familiarity with the system, although Anderson had a good workout.  So is West a depth signing or do you think they are looking to have a rbbc approach?

West makes a lot more sense since he knows the playbook. I suspect the Chiefs want a couple of guys to split the load that Hunt was getting. 

As for CJ, maybe he just isn't as good as some people think, he's had chances and done ok, but apparently not good enough to hold onto a starter's job. West had some good stretches with the Chiefs including 2016 when he started 9 games (160-634-4)

18 hours ago, purplemonster said:

CJ got a bad shake.  He deserves better than to be riding the bench watching McCaffrey get 30 touches per game.  Not that McCaffrey isn't a stud but CJ's only got so much time, hopefully he can still bring it. 

I agree. I'd love to see what CJ could do on a real team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I agree. I'd love to see what CJ could do on a real team.

Panthers and Broncos weren't real teams?  Maybe you mean see what he could do on a team with no other competition at RB....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

good luck to CJ, he's a good guy!

He is. It's ashame it's the Raiders though. I'd like to see what he could do on a legit contender. 

And the Raiders promptly waived Anderson.

for those you think CJ was done, I lol at you...

8694.jpg

C.J. Anderson exploded for 167 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries while securing one catch for a five-yard loss on three targets Sunday in the Rams’ Week 16 win over Arizona.

Anderson, who was sitting on his couch unemployed as of four days ago, absolutely annihilated the Cardinals in his Rams debut, delivering his most rushing yards since Week 13 of 2014. Filling in for an injured Todd Gurley (knee), Anderson could not be stopped on Sunday. He routinely broke off huge gains, contributing runs of 27 and 46 yards. He also found time to visit the end zone, scoring his first touchdown since Week 3 on a four-yard gallop with just over two minutes remaining in the second quarter. After underwhelming stints in both Carolina and Oakland, it's easy to forget that Anderson rushed for over 1,000 yards in Denver last season. Anderson will be an appealing DFS option next week if Gurley can't get the green light or is rested against San Francisco. Dec 23 - 7:22 PM

I didn't forget... go CJ!
Edited by LordOpie
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

for those you think CJ was done, I lol at you...

8694.jpg

C.J. Anderson exploded for 167 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries while securing one catch for a five-yard loss on three targets Sunday in the Rams’ Week 16 win over Arizona.

Anderson, who was sitting on his couch unemployed as of four days ago, absolutely annihilated the Cardinals in his Rams debut, delivering his most rushing yards since Week 13 of 2014. Filling in for an injured Todd Gurley (knee), Anderson could not be stopped on Sunday. He routinely broke off huge gains, contributing runs of 27 and 46 yards. He also found time to visit the end zone, scoring his first touchdown since Week 3 on a four-yard gallop with just over two minutes remaining in the second quarter. After underwhelming stints in both Carolina and Oakland, it's easy to forget that Anderson rushed for over 1,000 yards in Denver last season. Anderson will be an appealing DFS option next week if Gurley can't get the green light or is rested against San Francisco. Dec 23 - 7:22 PM

I didn't forget... go CJ!

I can't fathom how he wasn't on a roster. It's unreal to me. 

• Thanks 1

Well the people here appreciated his talent.  I drafted CJ this year because I knew he had 1000 yards last year and figured he'd get some work behind McCaffrey. Nope.  CJ should sue for damages.  I get that McCaffrey is great but the dink and dunk approach clearly hasn't had the Panthers winning many games. 

Well, opie was correct here.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Big John said:

Well, opie was correct here.

lol, you trying to kill me?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, you trying to kill me?

hahahaha

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

hahahaha

Give opie props CJ definitely has something left, we'll see what comes next season, if a team makes him a workhorse. He wonton get any more work behind a healthy Gurley than he was getting with the Panthers

• Thanks 1

I didn't remember him being that fat...