[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2018 LLD PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!

berlin

2018 LLD Playoffs

Congrats to all the teams who made the playoffs. Below is the order of finish - please check my work. I will look closer at the tiebreak for the three 16 VP teams. 

I will set up another Playoff Scoring Thread. 

1.      OddJob’s Hats 50 VPs 2113.45 (12-1) - Roger Moore Division Winner

2.      Faberge Legg Warmers 47 VPs 1882.95 (11-2) - Daniel Craig Division Winner

3.      Mr. Big 38 VPs 1718.35 (10-3) - George Lazenby Division Winner

4.      Thunderballs 35 VPs 1557.40 (10-3) Sean Connery Division Winner

5.      DB5 39 VPs 1615.20 (9-4)

6.      Dr. Julius No 27 VPs 1477.00 VPs (6-7)

7.      You Can Try 25 VPs 1386.60 (7-6)

8.      Bomb Squad 25 VPs 1458.35 (6-7)

9.      Solitaire 22 VPs 1384.25 (5-8)

10.    Baron Samedi 20 VPs 1291.40 (5-8)

11.    Octoskins 18 VPs 1360.20 (4-9)

12.    Cantankerous Idiots 16 VPs 1196.80 (6-7)

13.    Man with GGG 16 VPs 1203.20 (5-8)

14.   Scarmanga 16 VPs 1260.50 (4-9)

15.   Berln Lipstick Bomb 14 VPs 1323.55 (2-11)

16.   Sir Hugos 8 VPs 1039.30 (2-11)

• Like 2

***BOND BOWL***

2018 LLD Leaderboard

Round 1 Week 14

Bond Bowl Playoffs

1. Oddjob’s Hats xxx.xx

2. Faberge Legg Warmers xxx.xx

3. Mr. Big xxx.xx

4. Thunderballs xxx.xx

5. DB5 xxx.xx

6. Dr. Julius No. xxx.xx

• Like 2

***BOND BOWL***

2018 LLD Leaderboard

Round 2 Week 15

Bond Bowl Playoffs

After week 14, below is a quick view of the state of the 6 playoff contenders.

1.      1. Mr Big 157.35 Everything came together in New England to help pace a big playoff week1 for Mr. Big. Brady and Gronk getting on track proved very timely. This team is so well rounded at the moment with multiple starters posting high point totals. There is also some bench help waiting in the wings. Mr. Big will be hard to beat but anything can happen over the next two weeks.

2.      2. Faberge Legg Warmers 145.85 (11.5 behind) Despite the late week announcement of no OBJ, despite Antonio Brown having a very sub-par game, ----- Faberge finds himself right in the thick of this three-week playoff. This is a star powered offense lead by the NYG stud rookie SB and red-hot running back CMC. The Legg Warmers have to be considered a strong contender to house the title especially if one of the QB’s can get hot.

3.      3. DB5 137.45 (19.9 behind) In only his second year in the league, DB5 is off to a nice week 1 start in the playoffs. Anything can happen especially when you have the wonder kid QB Mahomes pacing your squad. DB will need more strong performance from Jared (who knew) Cook in Oakland and some of the lesser known Wr’s on the roster. ONE can only wonder about the head start Mr. Derrick Henry would have given this squad in the lineup but in fairness NOONE saw that one coming. Let’s see if DB can find a starting spot this week for Henry before he comes crashing back to normal-normal land.

4.      4. Oddjob’s Hats 129.65 (27.7 behind) I find myself writing again about Monkey as a playoff contender. Monkey dominated the league in high scoring weeks this year with 7!!!! total skins. However, some of his stud players are dropping off their mad pace at the wrong time. He needs Gurly,Kamara and Thielen to find the magic again plus the loaded TE combo of Ertz and Kelce. As I type this write up I am figuring out what loaded teams this league has so wow…. Good luck in figuring it out Monkey

5.      5.  Thunderballs 129.15 (28.2 behind) The player, owner, commish legend of ElectricRelish has turned into a shadow of his former BOTH self. Random mysterious appearances plus often supported by his partner the great Muto – he continues to lurk behind the scenes. I realized late in the year that ER was keeping a close eye on the potential of this squad when I saw some unexpected FA bids pop up. He is within a few decimal points of the #1 seed after week 1. His team does not have nearly the star power of the four previous mentioned teams, but I am really pulling for you ER. Would be a nice win for you.

6.     6.  Dr. Julius No 110.60 (46.75 behind) Pan may want to spend more time in dirty molars in the rainy northwest after this week one performance…….. I jest kind of. This squad has some young strong talent with a local talent in Lockett emerging as a WR 1 this year. This squad will need some un-predicted magic from players to have a chance and leading that charge needs to be Dalvin Cook. Funchess seems to have checked into the zero-burger lounge so Pan may need to find a replacement.

Edited by berlin

Every offseason I look at Mr. Big’s team and think... “he won’t be relevant THIS season”. And every year comes and he’s one of the top teams. @LordOpie - you are truly the BEST dynasty owner I have ever witnessed. It’s truly remarkable how you’re able to churn your rosters every year into winning teams. You are a MASTER at trading and managing a dynasty team. Hats off to you, dude!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this is the kind of post-season that makes me want to quit. After this weekend, I think I'm looking at 4th place in all three of my leagues, at best, despite putting up #1 total points overall. I'm very discouraged and

Nah, don't worry, you're gonna win YODT.

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this is the kind of post-season that makes me want to quit. After this weekend, I think I'm looking at 4th place in all three of my leagues, at best, despite putting up #1 total points overall. I'm very discouraged and

To be fair doing so well all season only to lose in LLD has me feeling the same.

• Thanks 1

You had a great year but your team tanked - happens. I lost a playoff game this year on a Thursday Elias stat change.

This tweet will help you put things in perspective.

Lots of bitching on here about changing playoff formats because your “dominant” team didn’t make the finals this year. Why don’t we just treat y’all like 2nd graders and hand out participation trophies to every league owner, that way your little feelings are hurt. (the really bad word)ing another really bad word

10:27 AM - 18 Dec 2018

Hey, I have an idea. Whoever scores the most points this season in the NFL is crowned Super Bowl Champion. Let’s also take away the Giants Super Bowl win against NE because NE was undefeated and therefore a better team and more deserving of the crown. (the really bad word)ing pampered pansies.

Edited by berlin
  • Thanks 1

FF is a cruel game.  There is really no fairness or logic about it.  Teams that should have won don't.  Teams you never expected to win, sometimes surprise you. 

Unfortunately, the Thunderballs haven't t played great or poorly in the playoffs.  They have been consistently average just like the regular season.  

Great writeups, Berlin.  To recap, I got married in March, moved in May and had my first child arrive 27 days early in June.  He's six months old now and we're excited for his first Christmas.  Life is grand!

• Like 2