[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernick "not the right QB for us"?

Papa Deuce

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

his 1st amendment rights should not be punished via a professional blackballing. If you hate anyone, it should be the NFL for how they handled it. And the media scum for trying to get ratings off of it.

He was privately employed.  He was not deprived of any of his rights. 

His employer decided he was not worth the bad publicity to keep him on the payroll. 

I know at my workplace if I tried to keep pushing a personal agenda which disrupted the work environment and potentially cost them profits I wouldn't keep my job too long.  To top it all off any other employer in my industry wouldn't be too keen to hire me either.

Kaep chose this path.  I give him credit for sticking to his beliefs and not backing down.  Not sure how many of us have the financial security to stick to our guns to the point it cost us our job though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this.

kaep isn't the right fit? But Adrian "child beater" Peterson and Rueben Foster are?

hypocrits

Says the Redskins....ironic racism but of course they are based in DC

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Classy.  What's he a POS for exactly? 

Maybe he's one of those types?  You know, because Kaepernick didn't stand for the national anthem he's a POS.

23 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Can we all agree that teams just don't want to deal with the p.r. headache that would come with him?

Crazy to think that he's more of a PR headache than a guy who beat a woman, is a child abuser, stole from a store, did drugs, etc. And yet all he did was not stand during the national anthem. Ridiculous!

• Like 1

I'd wager more than half the people that are feigning disgust at him kneeling, understand that he had a meeting with a military member who had served, and asked the most respectful way to protest during the anthem, and this was per his suggestion. :rolleyes:  I mean, does anyone really lose sleep at night if someone kneeling down during the national anthem?  That used to be when I'd go grab a beer or give my lizard a few extra shakes after taking a piss.  C'mon now.  We know why these people are really mad.  

6 hours ago, kdko said:

I'd wager more than half the people that are feigning disgust at him kneeling, understand that he had a meeting with a military member who had served, and asked the most respectful way to protest during the anthem, and this was per his suggestion. :rolleyes:  I mean, does anyone really lose sleep at night if someone kneeling down during the national anthem?  That used to be when I'd go grab a beer or give my lizard a few extra shakes after taking a piss.  C'mon now.  We know why these people are really mad.  

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

He definitely got blackballed. But he blackballed himself out of the league. I don't think people get it. As with any other job there are rules & guidelines that you need to follow and it's the NFL'S right (not his) to decide what they should be. If they feel his kneeling & personal protests are bad for business then bye bye. This has nothing to do with any of his freedoms or rights. Had he abided he'd still be in the league and have a platform to protest injustices on his own time like Malcom Jenkins and many other great people. Any of you that believe the NFL screwed him are straight up idiots. He screwed himself. Go protest at your job and see what happens. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He definitely got blackballed. But he blackballed himself out of the league. I don't think people get it. As with any other job there are rules & guidelines that you need to follow and it's the NFL'S right (not his) to decide what they should be. If they feel his kneeling & personal protests are bad for business then bye bye. This has nothing to do with any of his freedoms or rights. Had he abided he'd still be in the league and have a platform to protest injustices on his own time like Malcom Jenkins and many other great people. Any of you that believe the NFL screwed him are straight up idiots. He screwed himself. Go protest at your job and see what happens. 

Agree 100%

10 hours ago, Judge Smales said:

He was privately employed.  He was not deprived of any of his rights. 

His employer decided he was not worth the bad publicity to keep him on the payroll. 

I know at my workplace if I tried to keep pushing a personal agenda which disrupted the work environment and potentially cost them profits I wouldn't keep my job too long.  To top it all off any other employer in my industry wouldn't be too keen to hire me either.

Kaep chose this path.  I give him credit for sticking to his beliefs and not backing down.  Not sure how many of us have the financial security to stick to our guns to the point it cost us our job though.

At least someone gets it. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Using disparaging terms always turns a healthy discussion into an argument. With that being said, can someone show me where he violated league policy? That's an honest question. If he didn't violate league policy, at that time, then how did he break any rules?

8 hours ago, kdko said:

I'd wager more than half the people that are feigning disgust at him kneeling, understand that he had a meeting with a military member who had served, and asked the most respectful way to protest during the anthem, and this was per his suggestion. :rolleyes: 

I still don't get this argument. I work with military people, so I interact with them daily and on a rather large scale. I also have a lot of military people in my family and while many of them respect his right to protest, I can't name a single one who sides with him in the manner in which he was protesting.

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I still don't get this argument. I work with military people, so I interact with them daily and on a rather large scale. I also have a lot of military people in my family and while many of them respect his right to protest, I can't name a single one who sides with him in the manner in which he was protesting.

It shows his intent was not to disrespect the military. But we all know one person can't speak for a whole group. Unless a comprehensive survey is done, any generalizing statements on how the military feels is pure speculation.

43 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Using disparaging terms always turns a healthy discussion into an argument. With that being said, can someone show me where he violated league policy? That's an honest question. If he didn't violate league policy, at that time, then how did he break any rules?

Let's break it down. The NFL is a business. If they feel he is bad for business they have the right to let him go. Just like your employer does. There doesn't need to be a rule or policy in place. I don't know why you emphasis that. He had the opportunity to abide but didn't. If he did he'd still need in the league making millions like everyone else. 

I agree that it was handled wrong by both parties but the NFL are well within their legal rights to decide how they run their business. 

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I used to agree with EVERYTHING you just said; however, the NFL allows other players to do the exact same distraction and bad publicity.

As such, the NFL violated the law by not enforcing their employee policies equally among all NFL employees.

No.  The NFL has no policy and has had no hand in who has been allowed to employ Kaepernick, Reuben Foster, Kareem Hunt, or anyone else.  Teams make their own decisions.  The nanosecond WAS decides Foster's talent isn't worth the publicity they will cut him, and the nanosecond any team believes the fallout from signing Kareem Hunt is worth the return on the field they will sign him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Let's break it down. The NFL is a business. If they feel he is bad for business they have the right to let him go. Just like your employer does. There doesn't need to be a rule or policy in place. I don't know why you emphasis that. He had the opportunity to abide but didn't. If he did he'd still need in the league making millions like everyone else. 

I agree that it was handled wrong by both parties but the NFL are well within their legal rights to decide how they run their business. 

So you are confirming he didn't break any existing rule or policy at the time. Even in the private sector, you are not excused from punishing someone for a nonexistent polcy; therefore, consequently,  he would have a valid argument for a lawsuit. With that being said, he would have to prove he was punished and that can be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Shaft said:

So you are confirming he didn't break any existing rule or policy at the time. Even in the private sector, you are not excused from punishing someone for a nonexistent polcy; therefore, consequently,  he would have a valid argument for a lawsuit. With that being said, he would have to prove he was punished and that can be a challenge.

No. He has no grounds for a lawsuit. The Government can't tell you who to hire or how to run your business.

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No. He has no grounds for a lawsuit. The Government can't tell you who to hire or how to run your business.

Yes, they can. If he can prove discrimination, which is tough because he's not a great QB, he's legally protected by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That law applies to the public and private sector.

• DMD locked this topic