[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alshon Jeffery

rebdog

any opinions on this guy?  he's fallen off a cliff.   he's never been fast, just a tall big body.   but Wentz doesn't look to him much anymore....especially in the redzone where you'd think he'd be a prime target.  they have other weapons which should get him one on one against smaller CBs consistently.   watching their games he doesn't always seem to run hard and fight for position.   is this guy washed up before he's even 29?      

Whenever I see this I wonder about the effort of the player. Every play effort. If you see the great receivers there is a lot of hand fighting, selling moves, watching the defenders hips, an elbow here, a little shove, a small pushoff before you jump to catch.  If you aren't doing those things you probably aren't making catches. And some guys lose interest if they arent getting the ball.  I don't watch Alshon close so I don't really know but that's a suspicion I might have

Edited by purplemonster

He was never that big on yardage even last year. Never had a 100-yard game. But he scored 12 times including the playoffs. This year started out with him injured but he was fine when he started up in Week 4. He had 4 TDs over the next four games.  But these last five games have been brutal - never more than 48 yards and never scoring. Kinda that all over funk that the Eagles have this year.

46 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Whenever I see this I wonder about the effort of the player. Every play effort. If you see the great receivers there is a lot of hand fighting, selling moves, watching the defenders hips, an elbow here, a little shove, a small pushoff before you jump to catch.  If you aren't doing those things you probably aren't making catches. And some guys lose interest if they arent getting the ball.  I don't watch Alshon close so I don't really know but that's a suspicion I might have

Yeah, I dont watch him closely now but I remember when he was with the Bears I got a feeling he was disinterested at times. Then I believe he showed no interest in staying a Bear.  I get wanting to win but his attitude seemed blah from what I read.  

21 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I’ve played him through all this funk. I sat him this week for the playoffs so I’m sure he’ll go 100 and 2 this week

This just reeks of a situation where he plays well on a million benches. 

16 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Well lets revive this here in light of Alshon's coming back to life.... Am I alone in thinking his value is higher with Foles at QB ? 

Nope, wentz sucks. I hope he heals up and gets back soon. LoL