[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And down go the Patriots

DMD

That was crazy.  :lol:

Why in god's name would you have Gronk playing defense on that?  I guess the thought process is to defend the hail mary.  But he's SLOWWWW.  Watching him try to make that tackle was like watching a freight train chase a ferrari.  

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Who says the old lateral, lateral, lateral doesn't work? 69 yards for a game wining TD.

It was only the old two lateral, lateral play but still just as fun to watch unfold. As for the Pats, better for it to happen now than in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

That was crazy.  :lol:

Why in god's name would you have Gronk playing defense on that?  I guess the thought process is to defend the hail mary.  But he's SLOWWWW.  Watching him try to make that tackle was like watching a freight train chase a ferrari.  

It seemed more that he took a really bad angle than it was lack of speed.

45 minutes ago, Pratts said:

It seemed more that he took a really bad angle than it was lack of speed.

It's both.  Bad angle, and he's simply not somebody that's going to chase down anybody with halfway decent speed.  Gronk may have decent straight-line speed (or at least he maybe once did?), but he's not exactly quick.  IIf there is one word that describes his running style, it's "lumbering."  The Pats pretty much assumed a hail mary was on tap, and that assumption burned them.  

I was at the bar and the Redzone was on as well as the Browns game. This happened at the same time as the INT to seal the Browns win. I was watching the lateral. I looked around to see if anyone saw it and nope, they all missed it live. But not the 1,000,000 replays of it

4 hours ago, Jackass said:

Is it Belichick or is it more on the ST coach? I mean play was from 30 yard line a high school coach could have figured out that makes no sense to have Gronk out there. Just a massive blunder.

Game/clock management was just poor all-around for the Patriots yesterday.  They missed a chance at a FG to end the first half by taking a sack with no timeouts (while inside the 10 yard line).  Then, they had a chance to essentially seal the game, and make it a two-score game, right before the miracle happened.  Instead, they ran it three times and kicked a FG.  I get the thinking (they wanted to use up as much clock as possible), but punching it in there would have made everything else a moot point.  And those three points to end the half might have helped as well.  

I put most of that on BB, although the last play was certainly a ST blunder as well.  

Edited by Gopher