[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And down go the Patriots

DMD

6 hours ago, Jackass said:

Is it Belichick or is it more on the ST coach? I mean play was from 30 yard line a high school coach could have figured out that makes no sense to have Gronk out there. Just a massive blunder.

Do you mean defensive coach as the special teams unit was not on the field?

4 hours ago, Gopher said:

Game/clock management was just poor all-around for the Patriots yesterday.  They missed a chance at a FG to end the first half by taking a sack with no timeouts (while inside the 10 yard line).  Then, they had a chance to essentially seal the game, and make it a two-score game, right before the miracle happened.  Instead, they ran it three times and kicked a FG.  I get the thinking (they wanted to use up as much clock as possible), but punching it in there would have made everything else a moot point.  And those three points to end the half might have helped as well.  

I put most of that on BB, although the last play was certainly a ST blunder as well.  

Think you have to run the clock down there, lot of articles have criticized not going for it on 4th down though which I'm pretty sure would have been the smarter play and type of play Belichek normally does.

Edited by Jackass