[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Preparing for a butt-whipping?

darin3

Anyone else relegated to getting a good, old-fashioned butt-whippin' this week?

I am facing a 13-0 team in a standard league that features:

QB - Mahomes 

RB - Gurley (his 1st round pick, naturally)

RB - McCaffrey (his 2nd round pick)

WR - Adams (I believe he got him in the 3rd)

WR - Gordon

TE- Kittle

Flex - Mixon

Flex - A. Jones

Def - Jacksonville

I snuck into the playoffs and won in the quarters last week.  I'd feel better with a healthy M. Gordon, and have to rely on guys like Luck, Evans, Smith-Schuster and Fournette.  Have made sage pickups like Ware, Samuels and Edwards.... but I fear it's not enough.

I almost feel like adding/starting players with absolutely HUGH upside but come with way more risk.  But I think I'll just let it ride and enjoy the whoopin'.  :unsure:  Anyone else in the same predicament?  

Yea, I play my brother this week. He has easily one of the best teams. I had a bye last week though. If Conner doesn't play my RB2 will be Stevan Ridley. My WR2 and flex is between DJ Moore, Humphries, and Josh Reynolds. I have Goff, so if I start him I have too start Reynolds too. I also have Dak, if I start him I have too go Moore and Humphries. Feel like I'm going to lose by a lot. The only upside is my brother has bad match ups this week. I do have Kittle, probably only real chance I have is him having a last week performance.

My brother has Keenan Allen, Landry, Diggs, Zeke, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, Gronk & Samuels for TE. yahoo league. & all the best defenses for Week 15. 

I took a arse whooping last week with this lineup lol. It's a 2 week playoff, but I'm down so much there isn't really any chance for a comeback unless I score over 200 points. 

Mahomes 

Gurley

Chubb 

A Jones 

Cooks 

Godwin 

Kelce 

Fairbarin 

Bills Def 

Best team in the league and most points. Really thought I had a championship team. Oh well, there's always next year. 

Edited by buddahj

Yep.  In FDSB, I'm up against Slick this week.  He set the league scoring record this year (by a lot) with the likes of Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Kamara.  Meanwhile, I'm starting a couple of RB's that I hadn't even heard of a month ago (Gus Edwards and Jeff Wilson!?!?).  :lol:

I know anything can happen, I suppose, but I fully expect to be playing for 3rd next week.  

There's a team in my league that I call the Justice League, because these are legitimately superheroes! 

QB: Aaron Rodgers=Green Lantern (Hal Jordan---dude can create plays with his willpower alone)

RB: Todd Gurley = Superman

RB: Saquon Barkley= Cyborg (dude is a freaking machine)

WR: Davante Adams=Green Lantern (John Stewart) 

WR: Mike Evans= Plastic Man (the dude has long arms and can stretch to catch anything)

WR: Robert Woods =Robin (he's the only somewhat normal player here)

TE: Travis Kelce= Aquaman (running out of people and the color matches)

Flex: McCaffrey= Batman (dude has no power, but does super things)

Yes, that is a real team that everyone wants to avoid facing! 

In one dynasty league this season I have lost:

Keanu Neal

Jake Ryan

Marquise Lee

Emmanuel Sanders

Kareem Hunt

Ziggy Ansah

Darren Lee

and also own

Jordan Reed D foot

James Connor Q ankle

Ben Roethlisberger Q ribs

i am going to get beaten like a drum this week!  

Edited by Caveman_Nick

18 hours ago, darin3 said:

QB - Mahomes 

WR - Gordon

TE- Kittle

Flex - Mixon

Flex - A. Jones

Def - Jacksonville

I snuck into the playoffs and won in the quarters last week.  I'd feel better with a healthy M. Gordon, and have to rely on guys like Luck, Evans, Smith-Schuster and Fournette.  Have made sage pickups like Ware, Samuels and Edwards.... but I fear it's not enough.

I almost feel like adding/starting players with absolutely HUGH upside but come with way more risk.  But I think I'll just let it ride and enjoy the whoopin'.  :unsure:  Anyone else in the same predicament?  

You have nothing to lose. Go all upside and hope for the best. At least you'll go down swinging.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shaft said:

There's a team in my league that I call the Justice League, because these are legitimately superheroes! 

QB: Aaron Rodgers=Green Lantern (Hal Jordan---dude can create plays with his willpower alone)

RB: Todd Gurley = Superman

RB: Saquon Barkley= Cyborg (dude is a freaking machine)

WR: Davante Adams=Green Lantern (John Stewart) 

WR: Mike Evans= Plastic Man (the dude has long arms and can stretch to catch anything)

WR: Robert Woods =Robin (he's the only somewhat normal player here)

TE: Travis Kelce= Aquaman (running out of people and the color matches)

Flex: McCaffrey= Batman (dude has no power, but does super things)

Yes, that is a real team that everyone wants to avoid facing! 

6 team league?

• Like 1

In a 2QB keeper league, I backed into the playoffs with a week 14 loss to the 13-1 team, simply based on tie-breakers with four 7-7 teams. I lost Hunt, Conner, and Beckham heading into that game. I get the privilege of playing them again this week in the playoffs:

QB: Mahomes 

QB: Rothlisberger

RB: Kamara

RB: Gus the Bus

WR: T. Hill

WR: M. Thomas

TE: Kelce

K: Zuerlein

D/ST: SEA or IND

I have been trying to scrape something together to play them...lol

QB: Rodgers 

QB: Rivers

RB: 2 of Ingram, J.Jackson, Henry (picked up) or Conner (out)

WR: 2 of JuJu, Godwin, DJ Moore, or Beckham (Q)

TE: Graham or Brate

K: Lutz or Rosas

D/ST: JAX

After Thursday night's game, my rag-tag patchwork team of underachieving 'backups' has a fleeting chance against this juggernaut, IF I guess correctly...lol

Well I feel like I may have pulled a Neo in The Matrix and dodged a slew of bullets by my opponent getting "only" 22 out of Mahomes, while I got a whopping 23 from Damien Williams.  Would have liked to see more than 4 out of Harrison Butker though.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, darin3 said:

QB - Mahomes 

WR - Gordon

TE- Kittle

Flex - Mixon

Flex - A. Jones

Def - Jacksonville

On one team, the butt is already firmly whipped:  75-0

Him:  Mahomes 22, M. Williams 33, J. Jackson 16, Butker: 4 

Me: K. Allen 0

• Sad 1