[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs/Bolts

BeeR

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I just don't understand how they miss these obvious calls again and again, it's unreal. It's at the point where it's costing teams games. There has to be serious accountability.

This is what happens when you put crucial calls in the hands of part-timers doing this on the side. 

13 minutes ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

This is what happens when you put crucial calls in the hands of part-timers doing this on the side. 

+1. The reviews that go back to the "home office" or NY or wherever they go add no value. Can anyone on this site honestly tell me they know what a catch is in the NFL? Offensive PI and defensive PI calls are now totally subjective depending on the crew and the specific ref.

To me the defensive holding penalties are killing the game. You want to make it 5yds fine but the auto-1st down is insane. The Chargers DST got ruined on at least one drive for totally phantom holding calls. I had no players going in this game and don't favor one of these teams over the other.

20 hours ago, stethant said:

+1. The reviews that go back to the "home office" or NY or wherever they go add no value. Can anyone on this site honestly tell me they know what a catch is in the NFL? Offensive PI and defensive PI calls are now totally subjective depending on the crew and the specific ref.

To me the defensive holding penalties are killing the game. You want to make it 5yds fine but the auto-1st down is insane. The Chargers DST got ruined on at least one drive for totally phantom holding calls. I had no players going in this game and don't favor one of these teams over the other.

What issues are there with knowing what is or is not a catch this season? Have you been watching games this year, because this sounds like a 2016 or 2017 complaint. 

Don't want to give up a first down, stop holding the receivers.

Bad calls are one thing, you're complaining about things which have been remedied and long standing rules.

yeah the catch rule to me has been fixed. It makes sense now. Before it was incomprehensible.  It seems like the have mainly adjusted to roughing the passer. Although I think the rule about any contact with the quarterbacks head should be modified. Sometimes ill see incidental contact called like a lineman doing a swim move and hitting the quarterback in the head. Pass interference and push-offs are a little hard to call even with replay sometimes. But the other silly errors like missing false starts that turn into touchdowns are completely unnecessary.  You would think there would be a way to do a quick review of certain plays, to reduce these clear errors. But I don't know

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Seahawks just lost to the 49ers, I'd say they're struggling a bit more than the Chiefs. 

It was a comment made to the Chiefs' propensity to start fast and fizzle late. Not sure why the Seahawks were brought up. But since they were, the Seahawks are known for finishing strong. Chiefs not so much. :shrug:

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Seahawks just lost to the 49ers, I'd say they're struggling a bit more than the Chiefs. 

Meh. That was an odd OT loss where Seattle 'won' most major statistical categories but also missed an extra point, gave up a special teams TD, and got penalized more than any game in franchise history.  

Edited by Bobby Brown

21 hours ago, Tripleshot said:

It was a comment made to the Chiefs' propensity to start fast and fizzle late. Not sure why the Seahawks were brought up. But since they were, the Seahawks are known for finishing strong. Chiefs not so much. :shrug:

Seahawks were brought up because the comment about Chiefs usual late season struggles was posted by a Seahawks fan, who should be worried about his team losing, instead of tossing barbs at the Chiefs four days after their game.

20 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Meh. That was an odd OT loss where Seattle 'won' most major statistical categories but also missed an extra point, gave up a special teams TD, and got penalized more than any game in franchise history.  

Sounds like they made a lot of mistakes, ones that will mean near certain defeat in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Why are you worried the Hawks and Chiefs; when the Browns are almost eliminated from playoff contention?

Best Stevegrab commentary evah!  You mid-westerners are sure pastey.

And you (wherever you live) people sure are condescending.....

I'm not worried about anybody, and have no delusions of the Browns reaching the playoffs.

I just find it odd to see guys ripping on other teams (days late to the party no less) when their own team got beat by one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I just find it odd to see guys ripping on other teams

It's probably the oddest thing ever witnessed in the history of mankind.  Do you have any further thoughts on all things that should or shouldn't be discussed in this thread?  The anticipation is killing me!

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1