BeeR

The Browns...

This past summer who would've bet the house that this late in the year it would be lunacy to say the Browns...

- have a better record than the Eagles, Jags AND Falcons

- will not have double-digit losses this year

- are (tho a longshot) alive for the playoffs

Edited by BeeR

It makes you wonder just how special Baker Mayfield is when you add in the fact that the HC and OC were fired and the temp HC isn't that good. I know it's not all Mayfield, but he is the guy at the most important position, of which, it seems it all revolves around.

Not denying how special Mayfield or Chubb is, but the most often overlooked squad on a good football team is the offensive line. The Browns have built a solid offensive line.

• Thanks 2

Baker has re-energized this team, the undisputed leader in the locker room. The whole team plays with more fire, the coaching change has also removed 2 guys who dragging the team down with negativity.

As for playoffs much of the help is not major upsets, BAL lose one of TB/LAC and PIT lose to NE & NO. The tow big upsets we needed were beating Broncos last night, and Bengals upset Steelers wk17.

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

As for playoffs much of the help is not major upsets, BAL lose one of TB/LAC and PIT lose to NE & NO. The tow big upsets we needed were beating Broncos last night, and Bengals upset Steelers wk17.

538, the stat guru site, gives the Browns a 2% probability of making the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Not denying how special Mayfield or Chubb is, but the most often overlooked squad on a good football team is the offensive line. The Browns have built a solid offensive line.

needs some depth and a left tackle. Greg Robinson ain't the answer.

Need another edge rusher to help Myles Garrett

Linebacker and DB

another stud receiver

still plenty of holes but this team is surely surprising many, myself included. I had them at 4-12. Probably wouldn't have got there had we kept Hue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

The tow big upsets we needed were beating Broncos last night...

lol, that wasn't an upset. Broncos are the new Browns.

From what I saw, Keenum is pretty bad and the offense is pretty stale.

5 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

From what I saw, Keenum is pretty bad and the offense is pretty stale.

fire everyone!

seriously. Even trade Von Miller. By the time this team is good, Von will be old.

Also, next year Baker and Chubb with have a full offseason taking reps with the 1's.  Denver is just missing too many key components on offense, namely WR's and TE's...oh, and a QB :lol:

38 minutes ago, kdko said:

Also, next year Baker and Chubb with have a full offseason taking reps with the 1's.  Denver is just missing too many key components on offense, namely WR's and TE's...oh, and a QB :lol:

yup, a full off-season will make Baker scary good.

Denver is also missing a coaching staff, GM, VP, president.... and owner.

Since the "Committee" knows they're fired when they finally "choose" a new owner, there's a bias and conflict there. The courts need to fire the committee/trust.

What's going on in Cleveland is great for the NFL. I hope they finally have competent enough upper management and hire a good head coach so they can be good for a while. Their fans deserve it.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, loaf said:

needs some depth and a left tackle. Greg Robinson ain't the answer.

Need another edge rusher to help Myles Garrett

Linebacker and DB

another stud receiver

still plenty of holes but this team is surely surprising many, myself included. I had them at 4-12. Probably wouldn't have got there had we kept Hue.

The offensive line is playing great. Greg Robinson is playing well. 

JJ Watt

J. Clowney 

V. Miller

B. Chubb

Those pass rushers combine for 49 sacks. They had 8 tackles and 1 sack combined vs Cleveland

• Like 1

People were saying Chubb was going to destroy the Browns, show them they were fools to pass on him in the draft.

Never thought we could win 6 games, or possibly finish above .500 this season.

I thought they had a chance to win 5-6 games this year, but they look even better then expected.  They did some great moves in the off season.  This continues I really think the Browns could be a good team next year!

I did say depth at OL...if one of those guys goes down, besides Austin Corbett who should return from injury this week, I have a hard time naming another OL