[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is This Collusion? (Biological Brothers Scenario)

the lone star

Is This Collusion?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is This Collusion?

• Yes, It Is Collusion
    • No, It Is Not Collusion

You think its fair and/or collusion if there are 2+ blood-brothers in a fantasy league and they don't bid against each other if one of them is in trade talks with a third owner? Like such a practice takes a potential trade partner away from basically any other team in the league.

Personally, I think that's unfair. I can see how its collusion too. Like there are MLB court cases about how that is collusion. See Below.

" Baseball collusion refers to owners working together to avoid competitive bidding for player services or players jointly negotiating with team owners.

Collusion in baseball is formally defined in the Major League Baseball Collective Bargaining Agreement, which states "Players shall not act in concert with other Players and Clubs shall not act in concert with other Clubs." [1] Major League Baseball went through a period of owner collusion during the off-seasons of 1985, 1986, and 1987.

Historically, owner collusion was often referred to as a "gentleman's agreement".[2] After the 1918 season, owners released all their players – terminating the non-guaranteed contracts, with a "gentleman's agreement" not to sign each other's players, as a means of forcing down player salaries.[3]"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_collusion

Edited by the lone star

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

of course that collusion. it's the definition of...

but is there enough evidence to suggest they're actively doing it?

Depends on who you are I guess. One of the brothers told me that the 2nd brother sent him an angry text and that caused the first brother to drop out of trade talks with me. When I tried to revive trade talks with the first brother, he kept asking if the 2nd brother was out of trade talks. When I said that I haven't officially shut the door on the 2nd brother, the first brother declined to enter into talks with me.

5 hours ago, the lone star said:

@DanTheMan_5, why no?

I mean it’s borderline. It’s not like someone’s putting a gun to an owners head forcing them to trade at all though. They should send their best offer to whichever brother they’d prefer to trade with and take it or leave it. It’s silly and stupid, I just wouldn’t elevate it to the level of collusion. 

1 hour ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

I mean it’s borderline. It’s not like someone’s putting a gun to an owners head forcing them to trade at all though. They should send their best offer to whichever brother they’d prefer to trade with and take it or leave it. It’s silly and stupid, I just wouldn’t elevate it to the level of collusion. 

That's fair. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

How's the book coming LoneStar?

You can trade with whomever you want and just because some owners don't want to talk trade with others isn't collusion IMO.  I have owners in my leagues I won't even try to talk trade with because it is just a waste of my time, they want gold for magic beans.  I know several of the other owners think the same way in this league about one owner in particular.  We even talk about it with each other.

Can't wait for the next chapter / hypothetical scenario you come up.  Keep 'em coming.

You should call up some of the Jerry Springer show writers they may have some ideas for you since you are now starting to talk about families.  They have tons of step sibling stuff going on when i turn it on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Judge Smales said:

You can trade with whomever you want and just because some owners don't want to talk trade with others isn't collusion IMO.  I have owners in my leagues I won't even try to talk trade with because it is just a waste of my time, they want gold for magic beans.  I know several of the other owners think the same way in this league about one owner in particular.  We even talk about it with each other.

So was it collusion when the MLB owners did not bid on other owners' players? Is it collusion if multiple healthcare providers fix their prices to ensure a decent return/margin?

39 minutes ago, the lone star said:

So was it collusion when the MLB owners did not bid on other owners' players? Is it collusion if multiple healthcare providers fix their prices to ensure a decent return/margin?

You are arguing that apples are oranges.

In your FF scenario I don't think it is. 

In your examples of real world examples I could see the case.

Are you in a FF league full of lawyers?

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

why do you guys reply to his threads if his threads causes your panties to get all wadded up?

I could care less, and think some of these are comical. 

Just wondering if Lonestar would share what they are really doing, we all know none of this is real.  

He needs a different hobby I think if this is the best he can do.

21 hours ago, the lone star said:

@blaw23 and @DawgAttack, why no?

I don't think it is collusion because the brothers are not trading Todd Gurley for Devontae Booker straight up. It is just preventing people from making trades with them. There are people in my league I know don't do trades so I just don't offer them trades. Simple as that.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:55 AM, jamesplante11 said:

I’m convinced @Lone Star is the commissioner of this league and he is mad because either no one wants to trade with him or he’s looking for loop holes

None of that is true actually. I'm trying to close loop-holes.

But there is a difference between something being a loop-hole and something just not being addressed by the rules at all. See below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_liquet

11 hours ago, the lone star said:

None of that is true actually. I'm trying to close loop-holes.

But there is a difference between something being a loop-hole and something just not being addressed by the rules at all. See below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_liquet

Just curious LoneStar, are you a lawyer?

Is it any fun at that point if all your doing is policing the league?

I had an issue in one of my leagues where the owner knew his action was wrong, but it wasnt spelled out in the rules.  I reversed it as the commish and reminded everyone that we are 16 owners who share a hobby for a couple hundred bucks.  Our rules are already 23 pages long, if I need to research and close every loophole I'll shut the league down and refund all the dues (2 days before finals) because that's not what I signed up for, nor what I expect from a group of experienced FF owners.

If you really need rules to this level, I think you need to find new owners to play with.  That level of b.s. is no longer fun, it becomes work (and you may start to resent the amount of effort you put in)

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2018 at 9:56 AM, millworkguy said:

Is it any fun at that point if all your doing is policing the league?

I had an issue in one of my leagues where the owner knew his action was wrong, but it wasnt spelled out in the rules.  I reversed it as the commish and reminded everyone that we are 16 owners who share a hobby for a couple hundred bucks.  Our rules are already 23 pages long, if I need to research and close every loophole I'll shut the league down and refund all the dues (2 days before finals) because that's not what I signed up for, nor what I expect from a group of experienced FF owners.

If you really need rules to this level, I think you need to find new owners to play with.  That level of b.s. is no longer fun, it becomes work (and you may start to resent the amount of effort you put in)

Very well said.