[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Gurley hurt...

irish

With the rams down 17, you'd have to think Gurley would be in every down if he were completely healthy. 

I have to say, Gurley played that entire series but he just doesn't look right. I've watched him play several times this year and he seems to be lacking that quick twitch cutting ability right now that i'm used to seeing from him. He just took a big shot on the last play and went jogging off the field on 4th down and seemed to have a bit of a hitch in his movement. 

On 12/16/2018 at 10:59 PM, irish said:

I've watched him play several times this year and he seems to be lacking that quick twitch cutting ability

Part of that is a change of style.  In his first 2 years, he did a lot more East/West running.  He tried to score a touchdown on every play.  In McVay's offense, he has turned into more of a North/South power runner.  His 4.9 ypc this year is the best of his career even though has no runs over 36 yards this season.  He does look to be breaking down this season but it'll be hard for the Rams to rest him.  The Bears own the tiebreaker over the Rams so they could easily lose their first round bye.

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Part of that is a change of style.  In his first 2 years, he did a lot more East/West running.  He tried to score a touchdown on every play.  In McVay's offense, he has turned into more of a North/South power runner.  His 4.9 ypc this year is the best of his career even though has no runs over 36 yards this season.  He does look to be breaking down this season but it'll be hard for the Rams to rest him.  The Bears own the tiebreaker over the Rams so they could easily lose their first round bye.

Agreed 100%, if he's close to 100%, he'll play for sure this weekend.  However, if they get up big, which they should, he could be resting for close to an entire half.  Hopefully, he'd be a big reason for them getting up big though.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irish said:

Agreed 100%, if he's close to 100%, he'll play for sure this weekend.  However, if they get up big, which they should, he could be resting for close to an entire half.  Hopefully, he'd be a big reason for them getting up big though.  

They might have their eyes on the Bears game, too.  They could sit Gurley if the Bears are losing big.

4 hours ago, irish said:

I'd rest him this week. Bottom line, the Rams are playing Arizona....if they can't beat the Cards without Gurley then they have much bigger problems to worry about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

They might have their eyes on the Bears game, too.  They could sit Gurley if the Bears are losing big.

58 minutes ago, seadogs said:

I'd rest him this week. Bottom line, the Rams are playing Arizona....if they can't beat the Cards without Gurley then they have much bigger problems to worry about. 

I know, i'm hoping they don't. 

19 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I guess it would have been better for them if the Bears played early, then they'd know the result before or early in the game. 

2 hours ago, LosGatosEnFuegos said:

Are we bumping the Rams passing game at all if Gurley can’t go?

Not necessarily.  It's not like it would turn into a shootout.

My issue is that i don't have Anderson, not that I'd play him, but i also don't have any other options for the 4 o'clock games or later if Gurley doesn't play. I'd have to roll the dice playing him or bench Gurley and play McGuire or golladay.  I have solid options, but really wanted Gurley to be on the field when earning his ring. 

If Gurley had a 1pm ET game this would be much more manageable but with his kickoff time, I think a lot of teams are going to be forced to bench him. I’m going with Ballage over him in 32 Homers as of now. Can’t risk taking a zero with no options left to grab.

Edited by Trojanmojo