[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams discussion thread

BeeR

Since for some odd reason I couldn't reply to the other one...

Are they flaming out?  Or is this a wake-up call they they'll answer?

They're still good of course and anything is possible, but I say flame out.  From what I've seen and am hearing, Goff looks lost half the time, misfires a lot, and the D I never did think would get that much better with talented but overrated poop4brains like Suh and Fowler.  This is obviously more than losing Kupp but that seems to be about when it all started, it's like he brought it all together, when they needed something they could always count on him.

Edited by BeeR

I think the OP set it up as a poll-only hence no ability to reply.  I had same issue.... as I wanted to note that this offense really misses Cooper Kupp.  Josh Reynolds has been adequate but having Cooks, Kupp and Woods in there is deadly.  You double-team one of them and you're burnt.  

So yes I think they are due for a dip.  They almost came back on Philly but they were at home and Philly's secondary is like a JV squad.  

Kind of a bummer since they're fun to watch.  More fun with Kupp in there, though.

I agree some of it is Cooper being gone.  But I also wonder if NFL defenses are starting to figure out McVay's short slant screen whirlydo passing progression schemes.  WRs clearly aren't getting as open now.  Goff benefits from being in that system.  Does he have the talent and ability to keep putting up high end numbers if defenses are in fact adjusting to the schemes?

Edited by Bobby Brown

They need to rest up Gurley and get him ready for the playoffs. And figure out what they need to do on defense to tighten it up. That defense is giving up way too many points and yards for their talent level. Goff looks like he has lost some confidence but he's going to have to find a way to get it back. Gurley cures a lot of problems when he can take a 5-yard dump off 30 yards downfield. So they need to do whatever it takes to get him healthy IMO

Edited by purplemonster

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

They need to rest up Gurley and get him ready for the playoffs. And figure out what they need to do on defense to tighten it up. That defense is giving up way too many points and yards for their talent level. Goff looks like he has lost some confidence but he's going to have to find a way to get it back. Gurley cures a lot of problems when he can take a 5-yard dump off 30 yards downfield. So they need to do whatever it takes to get him healthy IMO

Agree 100%

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I hope not, i need 1 more week from Gurley, rest him week 17.