[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sketchy Trade

TerdFerguhson

I need your help in this one. Dynasty league running for 10yrs now never ran into this problem. 

Husband and wife wife both in league. Husband sent trade to wife trying to get Gronk for SF receiver named Pettis the week before playoffs. Wife already had Kittle, so Gronk just rode the bench. I now have an outcry for some form of consequence because a majority of the league are saying collusion. We only have a 1 day waiting period for trade processing and I couldn’t get my research and voting done before it took place. I’m convinced it was collusion, but I wanted your opinions to solidify the form of discipline I’m prepared to hand down. 

The more opinions the better, need to be able to provide evidence that backs my judgement. Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

Pettis has more value in a dynasty league. Rookie 2nd round pick that the niners traded up to get. Past 4 games Pettis has averaged 18.7 and Gronk 12.2. (ppr) Pettis has done this with Mullins. With Garapolo back next year, I think he’ll be a great slot receiver (compliment to Goodwin on the outside). 

Gronk may only be 29 but he’s beat up and probably lost a half step. 

Seems fair for a dynasty league although suspicious for the playoffs with Gronk sitting (not used as a flex?). 

If you think it’s collusion because of Pettis, I would think again. I love Gronk but how many games has he missed over the last few years? Not sure how much Gronk has in the tank. Pettis has a ton of upside. 

The husband/wife thing is questionable. Could she have shopped Gronk and got more? 

Trades between family members will always incur extra levels of scrutiny.  In this case I don't see anything wrong with it, especially given the nature of the league (dynasty).  Heck, even in a redraft I don't think there'd be much of a problem with it.

Sorry man, you're not getting any ammo for your cause here.  

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone’s help and sorry I haven’t been responding much, I work crazy hours. Sounds like everyone is about the same when it comes to any discipline, saying it’s collusion, but no discipline is warranted. Which is fine, it really just pisses me off because it’s a stain on a 10yr league and it’s unprecedented. In the end nothing will likely be done as far as consequences, but we’re long overdue for some setting and rule changes relative to this situation.

Just now, TerdFerguhson said:

I appreciate everyone’s help and sorry I haven’t been responding much, I work crazy hours. Sounds like everyone is about the same when it comes to any discipline, saying it’s collusion, but no discipline is warranted. Which is fine, it really just pisses me off because it’s a stain on a 10yr league and it’s unprecedented. In the end nothing will likely be done as far as consequences, but we’re long overdue for some setting and rule changes relative to this situation.

I actually don't think it's collusion. It's a fair trade and the team getting Pettis is getting a slightly better deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irish said:

I actually don't think it's collusion. It's a fair trade and the team getting Pettis is getting a slightly better deal. 

Definitely noted. I’ve been on a couple of different forums and have been getting confused keeping up with who said what. The other forum all agreed it was, but that nothing can be done at this point about it. 

Also, not a dynasty, just a keeper league that’s been running for 10yr. Got confused as to what a dynasty league was (thought dynasty and keeper were just synonyms). 

25 minutes ago, TerdFerguhson said:

:lol: I think you need to re-read the responses, man.  I count one person saying it's collusion (League_Champion, go figure) and the rest are saying it's not.  Maybe it's me that's misinterpreting.  :shrug:  

25 minutes ago, TerdFerguhson said:

Definitely noted. I’ve been on a couple of different forums and have been getting confused keeping up with who said what. The other forum all agreed it was, but that nothing can be done at this point about it. 

Also, not a dynasty, just a keeper league that’s been running for 10yr. Got confused as to what a dynasty league was (thought dynasty and keeper were just synonyms). 

:shrug: Even as a keeper it seems pretty even.  

8 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:lol: I think you need to re-read the responses, man.  I count one person saying it's collusion (League_Champion, go figure) and the rest are saying it's not.  Maybe it's me that's misinterpreting.  :shrug:  

That’s why I said I got confused which forum I was responding in. My bad on that one. 

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Whoa, go read my reply. It's collusion only in fact that it's husband and wife. It's a bunch of belly rubbing. But it's also a very fair trade. Nothing to see here in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:shrug: Even as a keeper it seems pretty even.  

Biggest thing for me is Gronk has a high ceiling because of the reputation he built and number of targets as one of Brady’s favorites. Yes he is aging and has constantly been hurt, but like week 14, that seems to be a non-factor. Pettis had 2 good games all year at the time of the trade, which was end of week 13. Hell he had some weeks where we put up negative points (weeks 4,8) and other than weeks 12 & 13 he had goose eggs or close to it. Pettis may have a brighter future, but seeing as he has Zeke, Hill, and a few other high ranked skill players I would seriously doubt he was thinking keeper for Pettis. 

16 hours ago, Jackass said:

This has gotta to be another Lone Star alias - guy is relentless.

Or just another one of these commissioners that knows they are going to get grief when they make a ruling and just looking for people to back him up. Of course this guys a bit confused too, first its a dynasty now its just a keeper. (Ok pretty similar, my keeper league is more like dynasty because once drafted I can keep that player forever.) He thinks the responses were overwhelming in agreement on collusion, OK maybe that was some other forum.

What sucks is the other whiner owners in the league. You have an owner with Gronk and Kittle, 2 very good tight ends with one riding the bench. Why didn't that owner have trade offers from every team without a stud TE?  (I turned Ebron into Davante Adams and a late pick earlier this season, with Ertz my starter.) As soon as the trade happens they call foul. First thing the commish should ask each of them is :"what trade did you offer?"