[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elijiah McGuire or Ware/Williams?

DildoShwaggins

At this point I think it's too early to decide with any measure of finality, especially with so many decisions made late in the week.

I like McGuire's matchup (whom I also have), and rotoworld said this about the Packers putting their DT Kenny Clark on IR:

"Clark was inactive for Week 15, and the Packers are choosing to sideline him for the last two games. It's a big loss for Green Bay -- Pro Football Focus grades him as the No. 8 interior defensive lineman -- especially with Mike Daniels (foot, I.R.) out as well. Jets RB Elijah McGuire will be a RB2 with Clark and Daniels out of commission."

Concerning Ware or Williams (both of whom I also have), wait and see if both end up being healthy and if the team decides to "use both" which would potentially water down both their production. In that case, it might be any easier choice to just use McGuire.

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, tdybaz said:

At this point I think it's too early to decide with any measure of finality, especially with so many decisions made late in the week.

I like McGuire's matchup (whom I also have), and rotoworld said this about the Packers putting their DT Kenny Clark on IR:

"Clark was inactive for Week 15, and the Packers are choosing to sideline him for the last two games. It's a big loss for Green Bay -- Pro Football Focus grades him as the No. 8 interior defensive lineman -- especially with Mike Daniels (foot, I.R.) out as well. Jets RB Elijah McGuire will be a RB2 with Clark and Daniels out of commission."

Concerning Ware or Williams (both of whom I also have), wait and see if both end up being healthy and if the team decides to "use both" which would potentially water down both their production. In that case, it might be any easier choice to just use McGuire.

Good luck!!

I agree with you 100%, good luck to you as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdybaz said:

Good luck!!

Yep this is the ticket. I'm in the same boat for my flex...I also have Evans and Michel but I I'm going for a safe, high floor this week.

2 hours ago, tdybaz said:

Good luck!!

Even if Ware and Williams have a timeshare, I still think the floor and ceiling will be higher for Ware than for McGuire, simply because the Chiefs offense is so much more reliable. Jets could easily lay an egg, and who knows if Trenton Cannon steals touches from McGuire. I'm really surprised at how many people are up on McGuire over Ware.

It's not that we're down on Ware, it's that we're down on a Ware/Williams combo, which at this time the ratio is unknown. The ratio could easily be 50/50 with Williams' output last week.  You'd prefer a half-time RB over a full-time RB getting most of the touches?

And you mentioned Cannon... he is only a 3rd down back at this point, at best, and plays a lot of snaps on their special teams. They're not going to move an asset from special teams and give him even more snaps the last two games in a lost year; I don't see it, it doesn't make sense.

But again, it's way too early to make a final decision. McGuire plays decently and GB's defense is run down and losing players, and their year is over playing for an interim coach. McGuire is a young up-and-comer compared to LaDanian Tomlinson by one of his coaches previously, and isn't in a timeshare. It's not crazy to think he might outproduce one of the Chiefs backs, but if they decide to only go with Ware or Williams, then you'd pick one of them instead.

53 minutes ago, tdybaz said:

It's not that we're down on Ware, it's that we're down on a Ware/Williams combo, which at this time the ratio is unknown. The ratio could easily be 50/50 with Williams' output last week.  You'd prefer a half-time RB over a full-time RB getting most of the touches?

And you mentioned Cannon... he is only a 3rd down back at this point, at best, and plays a lot of snaps on their special teams. They're not going to move an asset from special teams and give him even more snaps the last two games in a lost year; I don't see it, it doesn't make sense.

But again, it's way too early to make a final decision. McGuire plays decently and GB's defense is run down and losing players, and their year is over playing for an interim coach. McGuire is a young up-and-comer compared to LaDanian Tomlinson by one of his coaches previously, and isn't in a timeshare. It's not crazy to think he might outproduce one of the Chiefs backs, but if they decide to only go with Ware or Williams, then you'd pick one of them instead.

I definitely get your logic. I guess we are just disagreeing on which is more important: expected touches vs more reliable offense. You side with expected touches and I side with reliable offense. Hopefully both RBs play fine for both our sakes!

I am in a similar boat and actually considering starting Ware and Williams just to hedge my bets.  Might backfire but it should be a good way to guarantee some points from at least one of the positions.

Almost did the same thing with both Williams RBs from KC last week and it would have been fine. 

2 hours ago, BHL said:

Ware just got downgraded to doubtful. Damien WIlliams probably a must-start now, right? I'm going with D. Williams (flex), McGuire, and M. Gordon; benching Fournette and Ware, tell me if you all would do the same.

That's exactly what I would do as well, and am doing in regards to Williams (starting), Ware (benching, and McGuire (starting).