Sign in to follow this  
DildoShwaggins

Elijiah McGuire or Ware/Williams?

Recommended Posts

McGuire has a good matchup against GB (probably get at least 20 touches again, I like the volume a lot) and if Rodgers does sit I think NY probably leads most of the game and the script will be in favor of the RB's. Or do I start Ware if he plays or williams if Ware sits? PPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I think it's too early to decide with any measure of finality, especially with so many decisions made late in the week.

I like McGuire's matchup (whom I also have), and rotoworld said this about the Packers putting their DT Kenny Clark on IR:

"Clark was inactive for Week 15, and the Packers are choosing to sideline him for the last two games. It's a big loss for Green Bay -- Pro Football Focus grades him as the No. 8 interior defensive lineman -- especially with Mike Daniels (foot, I.R.) out as well. Jets RB Elijah McGuire will be a RB2 with Clark and Daniels out of commission."

 

Concerning Ware or Williams (both of whom I also have), wait and see if both end up being healthy and if the team decides to "use both" which would potentially water down both their production. In that case, it might be any easier choice to just use McGuire.

 

Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tdybaz said:

At this point I think it's too early to decide with any measure of finality, especially with so many decisions made late in the week.

I like McGuire's matchup (whom I also have), and rotoworld said this about the Packers putting their DT Kenny Clark on IR:

"Clark was inactive for Week 15, and the Packers are choosing to sideline him for the last two games. It's a big loss for Green Bay -- Pro Football Focus grades him as the No. 8 interior defensive lineman -- especially with Mike Daniels (foot, I.R.) out as well. Jets RB Elijah McGuire will be a RB2 with Clark and Daniels out of commission."

 

Concerning Ware or Williams (both of whom I also have), wait and see if both end up being healthy and if the team decides to "use both" which would potentially water down both their production. In that case, it might be any easier choice to just use McGuire.

 

Good luck!!

I agree with you 100%, good luck to you as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tdybaz said:

At this point I think it's too early to decide with any measure of finality, especially with so many decisions made late in the week.

I like McGuire's matchup (whom I also have), and rotoworld said this about the Packers putting their DT Kenny Clark on IR:

"Clark was inactive for Week 15, and the Packers are choosing to sideline him for the last two games. It's a big loss for Green Bay -- Pro Football Focus grades him as the No. 8 interior defensive lineman -- especially with Mike Daniels (foot, I.R.) out as well. Jets RB Elijah McGuire will be a RB2 with Clark and Daniels out of commission."

 

Concerning Ware or Williams (both of whom I also have), wait and see if both end up being healthy and if the team decides to "use both" which would potentially water down both their production. In that case, it might be any easier choice to just use McGuire.

 

Good luck!!

Yep this is the ticket. I'm in the same boat for my flex...I also have Evans and Michel but I I'm going for a safe, high floor this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tdybaz said:

At this point I think it's too early to decide with any measure of finality, especially with so many decisions made late in the week.

I like McGuire's matchup (whom I also have), and rotoworld said this about the Packers putting their DT Kenny Clark on IR:

"Clark was inactive for Week 15, and the Packers are choosing to sideline him for the last two games. It's a big loss for Green Bay -- Pro Football Focus grades him as the No. 8 interior defensive lineman -- especially with Mike Daniels (foot, I.R.) out as well. Jets RB Elijah McGuire will be a RB2 with Clark and Daniels out of commission."

 

Concerning Ware or Williams (both of whom I also have), wait and see if both end up being healthy and if the team decides to "use both" which would potentially water down both their production. In that case, it might be any easier choice to just use McGuire.

 

Good luck!!

Even if Ware and Williams have a timeshare, I still think the floor and ceiling will be higher for Ware than for McGuire, simply because the Chiefs offense is so much more reliable. Jets could easily lay an egg, and who knows if Trenton Cannon steals touches from McGuire. I'm really surprised at how many people are up on McGuire over Ware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that we're down on Ware, it's that we're down on a Ware/Williams combo, which at this time the ratio is unknown. The ratio could easily be 50/50 with Williams' output last week.  You'd prefer a half-time RB over a full-time RB getting most of the touches?

And you mentioned Cannon... he is only a 3rd down back at this point, at best, and plays a lot of snaps on their special teams. They're not going to move an asset from special teams and give him even more snaps the last two games in a lost year; I don't see it, it doesn't make sense.

 

But again, it's way too early to make a final decision. McGuire plays decently and GB's defense is run down and losing players, and their year is over playing for an interim coach. McGuire is a young up-and-comer compared to LaDanian Tomlinson by one of his coaches previously, and isn't in a timeshare. It's not crazy to think he might outproduce one of the Chiefs backs, but if they decide to only go with Ware or Williams, then you'd pick one of them instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, tdybaz said:

It's not that we're down on Ware, it's that we're down on a Ware/Williams combo, which at this time the ratio is unknown. The ratio could easily be 50/50 with Williams' output last week.  You'd prefer a half-time RB over a full-time RB getting most of the touches?

And you mentioned Cannon... he is only a 3rd down back at this point, at best, and plays a lot of snaps on their special teams. They're not going to move an asset from special teams and give him even more snaps the last two games in a lost year; I don't see it, it doesn't make sense.

 

But again, it's way too early to make a final decision. McGuire plays decently and GB's defense is run down and losing players, and their year is over playing for an interim coach. McGuire is a young up-and-comer compared to LaDanian Tomlinson by one of his coaches previously, and isn't in a timeshare. It's not crazy to think he might outproduce one of the Chiefs backs, but if they decide to only go with Ware or Williams, then you'd pick one of them instead.

I definitely get your logic. I guess we are just disagreeing on which is more important: expected touches vs more reliable offense. You side with expected touches and I side with reliable offense. Hopefully both RBs play fine for both our sakes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Ware has a good shot at playing. Feels a bit risky to play him or Williams if he does. Feels like it could be split even between the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in a similar boat and actually considering starting Ware and Williams just to hedge my bets.  Might backfire but it should be a good way to guarantee some points from at least one of the positions.

 

Almost did the same thing with both Williams RBs from KC last week and it would have been fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ware just got downgraded to doubtful. Damien WIlliams probably a must-start now, right? I'm going with D. Williams (flex), McGuire, and M. Gordon; benching Fournette and Ware, tell me if you all would do the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BHL said:

Ware just got downgraded to doubtful. Damien WIlliams probably a must-start now, right? I'm going with D. Williams (flex), McGuire, and M. Gordon; benching Fournette and Ware, tell me if you all would do the same.

That's exactly what I would do as well, and am doing in regards to Williams (starting), Ware (benching, and McGuire (starting).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.