[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

getting too fancy?

ClayMC

Kamara: 18.1 points/game over his last 3 games, facing a tough PIT defense

Henry: 30.2 points/game over his last 3 games, facing a much more attractive WAS defense

Luck: 14.3 points/game over his last 3 games, facing a NYG defense that doesn't give up that many points to opposing QBs

Allen: 22.3 points/game over his last 3 games, in an attractive garbage time match-up against NE

Kamara and Luck are obviously the safe plays and 98% of me wants to start them. But i can't shake that last 2% that's telling me it'll be worth it to go the unconventional route.

Someone talk me down, haha

I do the same thing with my players... I sat Mike Evans and Babytron last week, and they both went off... but then again, Robert Foster blew up for me too!

Luck vs Allen is easy: you cited garbage time, but with the Pats losing last week they need to win out to be viable for a playoff bye. Thus, every game is important, plus they're gearing up for the playoffs in their mentality. I don't see them losing to the Bills, nor giving Allen many opportunities for garbage time heroics.

Kamara vs Henry: Tougher. Henry is finally getting the touches he deserved all year and is producing like crazy. the Saints are more diverse in their offense. I'd lean towards Henry here myself against a Wash team that is pretty much done, but Kamara is Kamara.... why can't you play both?

15 minutes ago, tdybaz said:

I'd lean towards Henry here myself against a Wash team that is pretty much done, but Kamara is Kamara.... why can't you play both?

I have the "unfortunate" problem of owning Kamara, Henry, and Gurley. So assuming Gurley is healthy, the decision comes down to Kamara vs. Henry for my RB2 slot.

Edited by ClayMC

Honestly at this point I'd lean towards Kamara and Henry over Gurley. I know, but the Rams signed CJ Anderson to help give Gurley some off time with his knee soreness and such. Cards defense is soft against RBs, but keep an eye on the team's gameplan with him. Ugh what a waste if he doesn't get 20+ touches against that JV-team defense, but they might do it to keep him healthy for the playoffs, especially if they get a lead.

2 minutes ago, tdybaz said:

Honestly at this point I'd lean towards Kamara and Henry over Gurley. I know, but the Rams signed CJ Anderson to help give Gurley some off time with his knee soreness and such. Cards defense is soft against RBs, but keep an eye on the team's gameplan with him. Ugh what a waste if he doesn't get 20+ touches against that JV-team defense, but they might do it to keep him healthy for the playoffs, especially if they get a lead.

I came here for someone to talk me out of the unconventional route, and now I have someone trying to convince me to go even the more unconventional route! haha. 

But no, i can't argue with the logic. I assumed Gurley would take my RB1 only on the stipulation that he was healthy. If he's not looking great by game time, it certainly would make the decision easier for me.

LOL sorry :)

But yeah, keep an ear open late in the week, even Sunday morning, to get a gauge on maybe *gulp* benching Gurley.

Assuming that doesn't happen, then Gurley is definitely in the lineup.