Gopher

Playoff Fantasy Football Contest

Recommended Posts

Thanks. Definitely have never played in this. So we pick 1 player per team to fill the positions for the entire playoff. It's not weekly lineups ? So for example I take Tom Brady I can't take anyone else from the pats and if the pats lose their first matchup I'm down a QB for the rest of the playoffs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Thanks. Definitely have never played in this. So we pick 1 player per team to fill the positions for the entire playoff. It's not weekly lineups ? So for example I take Tom Brady I can't take anyone else from the pats and if the pats lose their first matchup I'm down a QB for the rest of the playoffs ?

 

Nope.  You can take any number of players from any team.  The key is that you can only use each player once throughout the four week playoff.  So, I could take all Texans this weekend.  But, I wouldn't be able to use any of those players again.  Pick the wrong players (or if the wrong teams win), and you could be left without a starting QB (or TE, etc.) by the Super Bowl. 

 

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 5:42 PM, Gopher said:

 

I've got a "PAID" list going on the MFL site.  You are good to go.  

 

Can you send me your PP address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 6:27 PM, Montana is da Man said:

 

Can you send me your PP address?

 

6 hours ago, buddahj said:

Just paid 

You’re both marked as paid.  

 

Less than 72 hours til kickoff!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last chance to sign up.... Looks like we'll be back to around the 70-person participation count once again.  

 

Send me a PM or post here if you want a spot.  :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One point of clarification.... In my opening post, I originally indicated that this contest does not include kickers (in the weekly lineups).  That was INCORRECT.  Lineups include a QB, 2RB, 3WR, a TE, and a kicker (just no defense).  

 

Hopefully, that original miscommunication didn't throw anybody off.  I have edited the original post.  But, most importantly, the correct rules/lineup requirements are indicated on MFL (and that has never changed).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, electricrelish said:

Paid.

Got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

81 paid participants, pending a couple of checks in the mail.  Surpassed the previous high number of players, and beat last year's total by 10.  :headbang:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump.  Late notice (I apologize), but I'll be doing this again, if you enjoy a variety of playoff leagues/contests.  Old school... No flex, no PPR, no team defense.  

 

Last year, we had 81 participants, for a total pot of over $1600.  Paid out the top five, as well as weekly high scores.  

 

All of the details are in the opening post.  PM or post here if you want an invite.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Bump.  Late notice (I apologize), but I'll be doing this again, if you enjoy a variety of playoff leagues/contests.  Old school... No flex, no PPR, no team defense.  

 

Last year, we had 81 participants, for a total pot of over $1600.  Paid out the top five, as well as weekly high scores.  

 

All of the details are in the opening post.  PM or post here if you want an invite.  :)

 

 

I'll be doing yours again, wanna swap entries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gopher said:

Bump.  Late notice (I apologize), but I'll be doing this again, if you enjoy a variety of playoff leagues/contests.  Old school... No flex, no PPR, no team defense.  

 

Last year, we had 81 participants, for a total pot of over $1600.  Paid out the top five, as well as weekly high scores.  

 

All of the details are in the opening post.  PM or post here if you want an invite.  :)

 

Don't think I got the invite...also need your paypal....thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, irish said:

 

I'll be doing yours again, wanna swap entries?

Sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

In again.... sent payment

 

1 hour ago, heehawks said:

Don't think I got the invite...also need your paypal....thanks!!

Got both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, the worst thing to happen was to win this my first time playing it years ago and actually thinking I can win it everytime.:kicksrock: I'm in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Man, the worst thing to happen was to win this my first time playing it years ago and actually thinking I can win it everytime.:kicksrock: I'm in.

 

Beginner's luck to lifetime donator.

 

That's better then my record here, just lifetime donator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to finish near the top consistently.  Of course, there used to be a lot less people.  If you finish in the top 10-15 now, it's an accomplishment.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump.... Anybody else want in on this playoff one-and-done league, let me know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.