[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Contest

Gopher

On 12/14/2020 at 2:30 PM, Gopher said:

Bump... Getting the word out early this year.  I'll be sending an email to everyone who played last year.  If you did not, and want in this year, post here and I'll send you an invite once the MFL site is up and running.

Also, thinking of bumping the entry fee up to $25 this year.  :thinking:

2019 MFL Page

In.  I think I played last year or the year before.  I get mixed up with Irish's Playoff.  I usually do both.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, Montana is da Man said:

Ill donate $25 to the guys that are good at this

On 12/14/2020 at 7:34 PM, Shaft said:

Sure, take my money, as usual.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, Bobby Brown said:

25 sounds good to me.  I dig this contest.

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

In.  I think I played last year or the year before.  I get mixed up with Irish's Playoff.  I usually do both.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:47 PM, darin3 said:

I never win anything in these but I'll be in again.  Thanks, as always, for runnin' the show, Gopher!

On 12/14/2020 at 4:33 PM, heehawks said:

As always count me in! Thanks Gopher!

Pretty sure you were all in last year.  As soon as the playoff leagues are available on MFL, I'll send invites.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, 40Rocket said:

I would like to get in... thanks

On 12/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, Montana is da Man said:

Ill donate $25 to the guys that are good at this

On 12/14/2020 at 7:34 PM, Shaft said:

Sure, take my money, as usual.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, Bobby Brown said:

25 sounds good to me.  I dig this contest.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, Dcat said:

On 12/16/2020 at 1:45 PM, MikesVikes said:

Send me an invite please.

Invites have been sent.  

Payment options in the MFL message board.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Bump.  Last year we had 82 participants, and paid out $1640, including $550 to first place.  In total, nine people were paid (top five plus each week's high score).  This year, with the entry bumping up to $25, we could surpass a total payout of $2K.  Nothing withheld... every dime goes to the winners. 

And, for anyone wondering what the difference is, between Irish's contest and mine, there are a couple of differences.  Mine is one-and-done (once you pick a player, you can not use them again in the playoffs).  His you can pick the same lineup every week (in theory, assuming those players were to advance).  Also, mine has no defense, no flex, and no PPR... old school scoring of yardage and TD's.

PM me or post here if you want in.  :)

Looks like 64 scored points in the first game, and if I'm reading the live scoring correctly (*), another 14 set a lineup. 

*I say that only because some of the zero-scoring teams have a "(F)" next to it, which I'm thinking means no lineup submitted.  Teams from last year that aren't playing, some that never bothered accepting the invitation (or couldn't figure out how to log in/set a lineup), etc. There were about 14 that did not have that designation, which I'm thinking are teams that DID set a lineup (but didn't have any BUF/IND players).  

With the bump in entry from $20 to $25, that should push the total payout to close to 2K, and about $300-400 more than last year (even with slightly less entries).  

I'll have a more firm number tomorrow.  :)

Bump... doing this again.  If you played last year, you should automatically get an invite.  If you didn't, but want to play, post here.  If you did, but don't see an invite, post here.  If I don't respond to your post within 24 hours, send me a PM.  

Details are in the original post of this thread.  

On 12/30/2021 at 4:55 PM, Gopher said:

Bump... doing this again.  If you played last year, you should automatically get an invite.  If you didn't, but want to play, post here.  If you did, but don't see an invite, post here.  If I don't respond to your post within 24 hours, send me a PM.  

Details are in the original post of this thread.  

I'll be on the lookout for the invite.  Thanks.