[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton's 2018 season is over

Wolverines Fan

13 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

Thoughts on what this does to McCaffrey?

Certainly more attention on him but also more looks go to him as well, so i wouldn't move him too much. I think he and Gurley are the 2 best RB plays this week. 

Edited by irish

Newton hasn't been able to throw more than 30 yards for a few weeks. Nobody's been respecting this passing game already. I'd keep McCaffrey the same & bump receivers up a bit from where they were (of course they were at the bottom of the barrel before).

Heinicke came in in weeks 13 & 14 to throw Cam's hail mary for him. He looked decent in preseason reps with a strong enough arm & good speed to extend plays. Anyone outside of McCaffrey is a gamble, but they already were with Cam.

1 hour ago, LosGatosEnFuegos said:

Newton hasn't been able to throw more than 30 yards for a few weeks. Nobody's been respecting this passing game already. I'd keep McCaffrey the same & bump receivers up a bit from where they were (of course they were at the bottom of the barrel before).

This. I'm not so sure why people are thinking this is a big downgrade for CMC at all? If the average fan can see there is something seriously wrong with Cams arm I'm sure defenses were aware as well. It's been an issue for long enough that I'd assume defenses were already focusing on CMC first and foremost....I mean they really don't have anyone else that I would have been too worried about. I don't know much about Heinicke but after watching Cam on MNF this last week I can't imagine him being considerably less effective? Guess we'll find out.