Sign in to follow this  
BHL

Peterman to the Raiders? What a joke

How can Peterman possibly be getting another job? Has Gruden not seen this meme? (credit to NFL Memes). Tim Tebow deserves a job before this clown.

Peterman meme.JPG

Sounds like an insurance policy, but not sure why McCarron would not be able to be with the team for a game several days from now, plenty of men return to work the next day. Didn't some starting QB recently have his wife in the hospital giving birth just a day before their game?

Tim Tebow has been out of the league for how long?  Well at least you didn't talk about you know who and some perceived blackballing. 

Peterman went to the practice squad. Jon Gruden supposedly fell in love with Peterman when Gruden was an ESPN analyst covering the 2017 NFL draft.

1 minute ago, DMD said:

Peterman went to the practice squad. Jon Gruden supposedly fell in love with Peterman when Gruden was an ESPN analyst covering the 2017 NFL draft.

Yeah well I fell in love with Amanda Bynes but when she turned out to be a basket case I lost interest. Am I missing something here? Why would anyone be willing to sign this bum?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sounds like an insurance policy, but not sure why McCarron would not be able to be with the team for a game several days from now, plenty of men return to work the next day. Didn't some starting QB recently have his wife in the hospital giving birth just a day before their game?

Tim Tebow has been out of the league for how long?  Well at least you didn't talk about you know who and some perceived blackballing. 

I know Fantasy Football isn't real football, but if I had to choose between starting Nathan Peterman or Tim Tebow this week for the FF championship, I would start Tebow.

2 hours ago, BHL said:

Yeah well I fell in love with Amanda Bynes but when she turned out to be a basket case I lost interest. Am I missing something here? Why would anyone be willing to sign this bum?

Basket case usually means a hot ticket to the main event...Maybe Gruden needs a crazy hot QB to make hot sweet playoff love to? ...Just sayin'.

Or...He's on a steaming pile of team and needs someone else to roll around with? 

Really though does anyone know what the deal is with Gruden? I think not. Set the timer for 3 years from now. 

16 hours ago, boltnlava said:

Basket case usually means a hot ticket to the main event...Maybe Gruden needs a crazy hot QB to make hot sweet playoff love to? ...Just sayin'.

Or...He's on a steaming pile of team and needs someone else to roll around with? 

Really though does anyone know what the deal is with Gruden? I think not. Set the timer for 3 years from now. 

I wonder if Gruden is looking at some of the HC openings for 2019 (CLE, GB, just to start) and thinking "wow, I could have got one of those jobs."  I don't really know what is up, he's always been a guy who does things his own way. I could see the entire organization having a plan to rebuild for LV and make a big splash then. How much they suck now really doesn't impact their future, it only helps with higher draft picks. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I wonder if Gruden is looking at some of the HC openings for 2019 (CLE, GB, just to start) and thinking "wow, I could have got one of those jobs."  I don't really know what is up, he's always been a guy who does things his own way. I could see the entire organization having a plan to rebuild for LV and make a big splash then. How much they suck now really doesn't impact their future, it only helps with higher draft picks. 

Maybe so, but look how long it took the Browns to finally piece together a serviceable roster, even with all the high draft picks. 20 something years? Does the Raiders ownership have that much patience? 

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Tim Tebow kneels for his god, not for social injustice. I assume that that's been deemed ok by NFL team owner standards.

34 minutes ago, BHL said:

Maybe so, but look how long it took the Browns to finally piece together a serviceable roster, even with all the high draft picks. 20 something years? Does the Raiders ownership have that much patience? 

Horrible management over almost 20 years, bad ownership too. 

The better question is does Marc Davis want to pay Gruden $10M/year for 5-6-7 years? That's going to be a big factor in cutting him lose early. Those saying he'll be gone even 2-3-4 years from now have to factor in that $50M or more . 

8 hours ago, BHL said:

Tim Tebow kneels for his god, not for social injustice. I assume that that's been deemed ok by NFL team owner standards.

Was Tebow kneeling during the national anthem? Why would the NFL have a problem with it then?

I say good for Peterman. He may have gotten off to a bad start, but a lot of quarterbacks do. He's going to the practice squad anyway. It's not like the guy is going in as a starter. 

• Like 1