[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eliminated Owner No Longer Cares, But Making A Trade

the lone star

Should We Still Process This Trade If The Owner Is Indifferent?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Still Process This Trade If The Owner Is Indifferent?

So an Eliminated Owner in my league No Longer Cares because he is out of it now, But he is Making A Trade where he is giving up the best player in the deal. The deal is still fair per our trade calculator, but when the Vice Commish reached out to him about the deal, the owner seemed indifferent to it going through. To test him, the Vice Commish sent a lopsided offer (Vice Commish was receiving the better end) and the owner accepted the deal. Since it was just a test, we aren't processing that trade, but what about the first one where it passes our trade-calculator test? 

As of yet, the indifferent owner hasn't told us if he will be leaving, so he could be back, but we do have a waiting list. Nobody has been picked from that waiting list though, so I guess it's still the indifferent owner's team. But our thinking is that he (the indifferent owner) will probably not be back next season.

The 2nd owner in the deal REALLY wants the player as he is in the championship game this week (no trade deadline in this league), so should we process the trade? What do you think?

EDIT: This is a dynasty league and it was designed so that there was no trade deadline. This rule was created to allow eliminated teams to participate in transactions that could potentially improve their positioning for next season.

Edited by the lone star

Might help if you tell us the players in the trade.

We don't allow people that's out of the playoffs to trade to playoff teams or playoff possible potential teams in my league. 

You wouldn't be in this mess with a trade deadline. Better get that implemented next season.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

apparently, as bored as you.

Good point, but I'm typing a sentence here or there.

This guy, every single day, comes up with these long, elaborate situations that he's obviously making up, then spend the time typing it out and creating a poll.

And of course it is in Lone Star's league.   

Next chapter, "Guy wins title, leaves league and takes the traveling trophy with him - what do we do?"

Simple solution (if this is real) have a trade deadline several weeks before end of season, preferably before people can realistically be out of it. 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

And of course it is in Lone Star's league.   

Next chapter, "Guy wins title, leaves league and takes the traveling trophy with him - what do we do?"

Simple solution (if this is real) have a trade deadline several weeks before end of season, preferably before people can realistically be out of it. 

Actually, this brings up a fun topic.  Let's try guessing Lone Star's next question.

I'll go with this one.  One owner in my league is sleeping with a 2nd owner's wife.  The 2nd owner just found out and is demanded the first owner trade him his best players as punishment.  Should I allow this trade to go through, since the 1st owner obviously should be punished, or veto the trade since the affair didn't take place within the confines of the league?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, char92474 said:

Actually, this brings up a fun topic.  Let's try guessing Lone Star's next question.

I'll go with this one.  One owner in my league is sleeping with a 2nd owner's wife.  The 2nd owner just found out and is demanded the first owner trade him his best players as punishment.  Should I allow this trade to go through, since the 1st owner obviously should be punished, or veto the trade since the affair didn't take place within the confines of the league?

Was it a same-sex or different-sex marriage? Same question but for the affair.

52 minutes ago, the lone star said:

But here's my question put more clearly, does it matter that the first trade is still for fair-market-value? Why or why not?

No it does not the reason being is that the two people trading were not real siblings but only half siblings. 

But if both of their birthdays were Tuesday this year and they had both married spouses named Susan then it would matter.

Of course the spouses names would not matter if there were two full moons this month.