[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which QB needy team will sign Bridgewater?

Dcat

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Notice the Jet fan suggesting it, like we don't see through him and all.  :glare:

Well what about Tannenbaum then?  I am just sorry to see you guys let Mike Tannenbaum go.  I mean he did such a great job all those years on the Jets, right?  So of course he was going to be great for the Dolphins too!  So sorry it didn't work out.  B)

Teddy I think is a starter, maybe not the best starter, but he's better than some others.  Or at least was, before his knee injury.  I'd take him over Keenum and about 10-15 other QB's in the league.  He's excellent 20 yards and under.  Over 20 is variable unless he has improved his deep ball.  He throws a flat accurate pass but once it's too much arc he has trouble.  That's my impression from his tenure with the Vikings. I also thought Keenum would be better than he has been this year, so I am not infallible.  I may have been fooled by Thielen's and Diggs very high contested catch rate.  Both top 10 in the league if not top 5. 

Edited by purplemonster

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i'm going to tangent...

you know who blows my mind with amazing passes... Russell Wilson. Did any of y'all see his last game. There were two rainbow throws that would've been hail-mary-type throws from others, but I could've caught those passes (ok, not really) because he dropped it in over the DB right in the basket. Just insane.

I pay a little more attention to Wilson and guys like Ramzcyk (spelling?) OL NOS because these guys went just a few picks after DEN picked a QB and OL respectively.

Anyways, Wilson is so fun and impressive to watch.

Not too tangential.  That arc'ing pass he threw that they had the side shot of was one of the best passes I have ever seen.  Maybe those passes are more common and we just don't get the angle but I struggle to remember one that sweet. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but we don't know that, do we? You don't think he's good enough to deserve an opportunity to compete in training camp for the starting gig?

We have seen him prior to injury, so there is a basis as to why some think he is not a starter.  My take away has always been 1 read, check down when I've watched him play.  I think he is a below average game manager type that's better coming off the bench than playing an entire season.  Is there something else you've seen or something that makes you believe he's improved since the injury?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Def. said:

We have seen him prior to injury, so there is a basis as to why some think he is not a starter.  My take away has always been 1 read, check down when I've watched him play.  I think he is a below average game manager type that's better coming off the bench than playing an entire season.  Is there something else you've seen or something that makes you believe he's improved since the injury?  

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

actually, I don't have an opinion. I really respect the local sports talk guys who are way more right than wrong, upon historical reflection. They liked him over the summer, so that's where I'm coming from.

He played very well in Jets training camp and pre season.  He will get his chance next season.  Lets see how he "game manages" this week.  LOL. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

He played very well in Jets training camp and pre season.  He will get his chance next season.  Lets see how he "game manages" this week.  LOL. 

Totally didn't need to draft Darnold then did ya?  :coffee:

9 hours ago, Def. said:

Totally didn't need to draft Darnold then did ya?  :coffee:

way to exaggerate.  Bridgewater was very good in preseason and the majority of Jets fans were in favor of keeping hm around in case Darnold was not ready to start.   He is going to get his chance and it might just be the Dolphins, so be ready for it just in case!  B)

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

way to exaggerate.  Bridgewater was very good in preseason and the majority of Jets fans were in favor of keeping hm around in case Darnold was not ready to start.   He is going to get his chance and it might just be the Dolphins, so be ready for it just in case!  B)

No more so than thinking preseason snaps against vanilla schemes and 2nd/3rd tier players overrides the mediocre years he's had as a starter.  :shrug: 

Either way highly doubt it will be with the Dolphins.  Have a hopeful feeling they will clean house from top to bottom with this staff.  Also, they really need some kind of draw and that will not be Teddy.  They'll probably (the really bad word) it up by drafting one of the QBs coming out in this (so far) poor looking draft class instead. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2018 at 12:07 PM, Dcat said:

I'm thinking the Dolphins.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, Def. said:

Checkdown Teddy needs to stay the hell out of Miami.  :yuk:

On 12/27/2018 at 1:01 PM, Dolphin_Akie said:

This.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, Def. said:

Notice the Jet fan suggesting it, like we don't see through him and all.  :glare:

On 12/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, League_Champion said:

Yeah, he's not a starter. 

On 12/28/2018 at 12:10 PM, blaw23 said:

The Dolphins need to stay far away! We already have soon to be had a completely average to below average QB.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:00 PM, LordOpie said:

but we don't know that, do we? You don't think he's good enough to deserve an opportunity to compete in training camp for the starting gig?

yQxRkpoB_bigger.jpgBen VolinVerified account @BenVolin
FollowFollow @BenVolin
More

A league source says that QB Teddy Bridgewater is visiting the Dolphins at their training facility this afternoon. Reports of him signing with the Saints yesterday were premature

1:36 PM - 13 Mar 2019

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

i was just trying to tease.

I don't follow college, but apparently, the 2020 QB class is supposed to be much higher prospects than this year, so I think MIA should suck on purpose this year. I would say the same for DEN, except that we have Flacco, so championship!

No worries, figured so.  Tanking is the hope for the 2020 class, but it is also the Dolphins who find new and inventive ways to (the really bad word) everything up each year so guess we'll wait and see.

Hopefully things improve for the Broncos once the ownership problem is resolved.  Might seem callous and possibly even a bit morbid, but by this point I believe Dolphin faithful will have to wait for old man Ross to keel over before they'll see a change in Miami.  You know, provided the jackass hasn't moved the team to somewhere else or some other chalupa move to destroy the team before then. 

• Thanks 1