Dcat

Which QB needy team will sign Bridgewater?

guys on my local sports talk pushed the idea of trading for Bridgewater and I'm very confused why that didn't happen. If Keenum was awesome, then we have a good back up. If he failed, then we could see what the former late 1st round of Bridgewater has. I think everyone agrees that before injury, Bridgewater looked promising.

That said, if NOS wins the superbowl, and they have a good chance at that, then I predict Brees retires and Bridgewater is going nowhere.

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm thinking the Dolphins.

Checkdown Teddy needs to stay the hell out of Miami.  :yuk:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

This.

Notice the Jet fan suggesting it, like we don't see through him and all.  :glare:

Edited by Def.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Notice the Jet fan suggesting it, like we don't see through him and all.  :glare:

Well what about Tannenbaum then?  I am just sorry to see you guys let Mike Tannenbaum go.  I mean he did such a great job all those years on the Jets, right?  So of course he was going to be great for the Dolphins too!  So sorry it didn't work out.  B)

Teddy I think is a starter, maybe not the best starter, but he's better than some others.  Or at least was, before his knee injury.  I'd take him over Keenum and about 10-15 other QB's in the league.  He's excellent 20 yards and under.  Over 20 is variable unless he has improved his deep ball.  He throws a flat accurate pass but once it's too much arc he has trouble.  That's my impression from his tenure with the Vikings. I also thought Keenum would be better than he has been this year, so I am not infallible.  I may have been fooled by Thielen's and Diggs very high contested catch rate.  Both top 10 in the league if not top 5. 

Edited by purplemonster

10 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

...but once it's too much arc he has trouble. 

i'm going to tangent...

you know who blows my mind with amazing passes... Russell Wilson. Did any of y'all see his last game. There were two rainbow throws that would've been hail-mary-type throws from others, but I could've caught those passes (ok, not really) because he dropped it in over the DB right in the basket. Just insane.

I pay a little more attention to Wilson and guys like Ramzcyk (spelling?) OL NOS because these guys went just a few picks after DEN picked a QB and OL respectively.

Anyways, Wilson is so fun and impressive to watch.

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i'm going to tangent...

you know who blows my mind with amazing passes... Russell Wilson. Did any of y'all see his last game. There were two rainbow throws that would've been hail-mary-type throws from others, but I could've caught those passes (ok, not really) because he dropped it in over the DB right in the basket. Just insane.

I pay a little more attention to Wilson and guys like Ramzcyk (spelling?) OL NOS because these guys went just a few picks after DEN picked a QB and OL respectively.

Anyways, Wilson is so fun and impressive to watch.

Not too tangential.  That arc'ing pass he threw that they had the side shot of was one of the best passes I have ever seen.  Maybe those passes are more common and we just don't get the angle but I struggle to remember one that sweet. 

• Thanks 1

People still think he can be a starter? Maybe Jags should give him a look.

He's going to get extended minutes this weekend for the Saints, guess we see how he looks.

42 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

People still think he can be a starter? Maybe Jags should give him a look.

He's going to get extended minutes this weekend for the Saints, guess we see how he looks.

Yeah, he's not a starter. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2018 at 12:07 PM, Dcat said:

The Dolphins need to stay far away! We already have soon to be had a completely average to below average QB.

Edited by blaw23

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, he's not a starter. 

but we don't know that, do we? You don't think he's good enough to deserve an opportunity to compete in training camp for the starting gig?

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but we don't know that, do we? You don't think he's good enough to deserve an opportunity to compete in training camp for the starting gig?

We have seen him prior to injury, so there is a basis as to why some think he is not a starter.  My take away has always been 1 read, check down when I've watched him play.  I think he is a below average game manager type that's better coming off the bench than playing an entire season.  Is there something else you've seen or something that makes you believe he's improved since the injury?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Def. said:

We have seen him prior to injury, so there is a basis as to why some think he is not a starter.  My take away has always been 1 read, check down when I've watched him play.  I think he is a below average game manager type that's better coming off the bench than playing an entire season.  Is there something else you've seen or something that makes you believe he's improved since the injury?  

actually, I don't have an opinion. I really respect the local sports talk guys who are way more right than wrong, upon historical reflection. They liked him over the summer, so that's where I'm coming from.

Teddy gets a free agency audition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Def. said:

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

actually, I don't have an opinion. I really respect the local sports talk guys who are way more right than wrong, upon historical reflection. They liked him over the summer, so that's where I'm coming from.

He played very well in Jets training camp and pre season.  He will get his chance next season.  Lets see how he "game manages" this week.  LOL. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

He played very well in Jets training camp and pre season.  He will get his chance next season.  Lets see how he "game manages" this week.  LOL. 

Totally didn't need to draft Darnold then did ya?  :coffee:

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Your right. Some idiot that wants Case Keenum 2.0 will sign him. What's that gonna win anybody? 

9 hours ago, Def. said:

Totally didn't need to draft Darnold then did ya?  :coffee:

way to exaggerate.  Bridgewater was very good in preseason and the majority of Jets fans were in favor of keeping hm around in case Darnold was not ready to start.   He is going to get his chance and it might just be the Dolphins, so be ready for it just in case!  B)

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

way to exaggerate.  Bridgewater was very good in preseason and the majority of Jets fans were in favor of keeping hm around in case Darnold was not ready to start.   He is going to get his chance and it might just be the Dolphins, so be ready for it just in case!  B)

No more so than thinking preseason snaps against vanilla schemes and 2nd/3rd tier players overrides the mediocre years he's had as a starter.  :shrug: 

Either way highly doubt it will be with the Dolphins.  Have a hopeful feeling they will clean house from top to bottom with this staff.  Also, they really need some kind of draw and that will not be Teddy.  They'll probably (the really bad word) it up by drafting one of the QBs coming out in this (so far) poor looking draft class instead. 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:07 PM, Dcat said:

That sounds like something they would do.  Sadly, for Fins fans.