[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 17 thread

BeeR

Anyone watching the NY/DAL game?  I just saw what might be the worst missed tackle (by NY) I've ever seen.  It was like he purposely held up not to tackle the guy.  I can't believe this is the best game on.

Edit:  of course I say that and suddenly they ramp up the action - huge run by Barkley and now a 50 yd toss by Manning

Edited by BeeR

26 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Saquon over 2000 yards. The future is bright for that young man.

Yeah I so hoped against hope the Colts would get him in the draft  :(  I had zero doubt of his success in the NFL.  They do need to find a new QB prospect though (and continue to work on the OL).  DId you see that leap for the TD just now?  Reminded me of Walter Payton. 

Wow Browns are determined to have the Ravens win this game.  This is the Browns of old - Mayfield is wildly inconsistent, the D is like paper mache, and Landry of all people just dropped an easy 93-yd TD bomb.  bye-bye Steelers (which maybe is just as well).

Edited by BeeR

Vikings do it again. Good luck with Cousins going forward. Let me know how that works out for you. 

Isn't hindsight great?  I wouldn't count him out just yet.  I didn't see him much, but I heard their OL was a mess. Let's see what next year brings.

Steelers out, thank God. 

I would if it didn't mean the Ravens were in.

Ravens sneak in, who cares. 

The Chargers, for starters.  They aren't exactly great, but they are good enough to upset a supposedly better team.

Colts sure as hell not looking like a playoff team right now, not that that surprises me.  Their record was inflated with a weak schedule.  Still, they seem to be on the right track.  Hopefully next year Ballard actually spends a little on FAs.

Edited by BeeR

13 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Isn't hindsight great?  I wouldn't count him out just yet.  I didn't see him much, but I heard their OL was a mess. Let's see what next year brings.

The Chargers, for starters.  They aren't exactly great, but they are good enough to upset a supposedly better team.

Colts sure as hell not looking like a playoff team right now, not that that surprises me.  Their record was inflated with a weak schedule.  Still, they seem to be on the right track.  Hopefully next year Ballard actually spends a little on FAs.

The Colts are smacking around the Titans right now, that's not saying much though. The Steelers dug their own grave. I don't feel as if the Ravens are a legit threat to anyone, especially on the road. The Cowboys are the Cowboys. 

Cousins doesn't strike me as a winner.  That's no big stretch when you look at his record against anybody good.  It seems impossibly bad.  It seems like people keep making excuses for Cousins...oh his team is bad, oh his O line is bad.  Those are all true, but he never seems able to elevate himself or his teammates above it, which seems like a bad sign.  Also he seems too scared to scramble or make anything happen.  I am not optimistic though I think he'll be much more serviceable if the OL is improved.  It was truly awful this year. 

Saquan may as well be the first pick next year he is so money at this point.  Yeah Gurley should be good but the biggest lock is Saquan 

I don't know what happened with Luck this year.  His arm looked like toast that first game but he had a very good year.  I don't know if his arm strength got better throughout the year or he dealt with it better, or what.  

Edited by purplemonster

On 12/30/2018 at 8:21 PM, BeeR said:

Why you so down on Indy?  Ballard has already shown that he is a million times better than fatass Grigson was.  He's nailed most of his draft picks and the team is much improved versus when tubby was there.  Not too many FA signings that make a huge impact on their new teams.  Remember, their former team cut/didn't re sign them for a reason.. 

On 12/30/2018 at 5:45 PM, BeeR said:

Wow Browns are determined to have the Ravens win this game.  This is the Browns of old - Mayfield is wildly inconsistent, the D is like paper mache, and Landry of all people just dropped an easy 93-yd TD bomb.  bye-bye Steelers (which maybe is just as well).

But the game was still competitive as the Browns scored late and nearly came back to win it. They were horrible on defense allowing the Ravens run game (esp Jackson) to beat them play after play. They'll need to address that in the offseason.

Mayfield had some trouble early but was great later in the game and walks away with the rookie QB passing TD record passing Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson, in only about 13.5 games of action (vs 16 full starts).