Dcat

Black Monday: Bowles, Joseph, Gase, Lewis fired.

Bowles, Gase, Joseph, Marvin Lewis gone too (Hell must have froze over)

Wilks just told his staff in Arizona that he's not returning (not officially fired yet, but it is imminent)

rumor is Rex Ryan to Dolphins.   LOL.

Edited by Dcat

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Could Hue Jackson be the next Bengals HC?  

Marvin Lewis is the AFC's Jason Garrett. I'm a little shocked the Bengals FINALLY fired him. They need a head to toe revamping. 

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

rumor is Rex Ryan to Dolphins.   LOL.

:rolleyes:

Wilks gone as well. That is added to Koetter yesterday along with Hue Jackson and McCarthy mid season. Wow, 8 jobs open that seems pretty high. I don't know how many there have been in past seasons but that seems like a lot of open jobs to me.

I have not been happy with what Gase has done with the Dolphins so far. But they need a lot more than just Gase to go. Too bad there is no way to fire Ross.

1 minute ago, blaw23 said:

Wilks gone as well. That is added to Koetter yesterday along with Hue Jackson and McCarthy mid season. Wow, 8 jobs open that seems pretty high. I don't know how many there have been in past seasons but that seems like a lot of open jobs to me.

I have not been happy with what Gase has done with the Dolphins so far. But they need a lot more than just Gase to go. Too bad there is no way to fire Ross.

Jets fans feel the exact same way about Woody Johnson and his mini-me surrogate, Chris Johnson.  Not liked.   Not at all.  

Word out that Jets have requested permission to interview KC's OC Eric Bieniemy. 

Joseph should go, but also should john elway.

the big question is, can Elway even be fired?!

Dan Quinn staying put but OC Steve Sarkisian and DC Marquand Manuel got launched.

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Dan Quinn staying put but OC Steve Sarkisian and DC Marquand Manuel got launched.

It seems as though Shannahan was the key to their Super Bowl run, not Dan Quinn

Mike Mayock hired as Raiders GM.

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Marvin Lewis is the AFC's Jason Garrett. I'm a little shocked the Bengals FINALLY fired him. They need a head to toe revamping. 

Are you saying THEY should hire Rex?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, irish said:

Mike Mayock hired as Raiders GM.

They building a broadcast team? :lol: 

• Haha 1

I'll miss Mayock doing NFL Network's draft coverage.

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I know a lot of people laugh at Lewis as a HC but he will be highly sought after as a DC if he wants to continue coaching.

I'm hearing the Steelers will likely let go of Keith Butler and try to bring in Lewis as well as other teams.

Lewis coached the nasty Steelers LBs group of Levon Kirkland kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd  from 92-95 then went on to drastically improve the Ravens Defense from 96-2001 where that Defense single handedly won them a superbowl. 

9 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I know a lot of people laugh at Lewis as a HC but he will be highly sought after as a DC if he wants to continue coaching.

I'm hearing the Steelers will likely let go of Keith Butler and try to bring in Lewis as well as other teams.

Lewis coached the nasty Steelers LBs group of Levon Kirkland kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd  from 92-95 then went on to drastically improve the Ravens Defense from 96-2001 where that Defense single handedly won them a superbowl. 

That wouldn't shock me at all. But at his age and this point of his career would he want a coordinator position? It's definitely a nice gig. 

So Wilks, McCarthy, Lewis, Joseph, Bowles, Gase, Koetter, Jackson.....Damn.  That is a lot of coaches.  32 teams right?  That means 1/4 are gone.  Will be interesting to see what the Steelers do.  Vikings are likely going to keep both HC and GM.  I am ambivalent about that if they do.  I like Zimmer but not sure he is the best HC.  Defense coordinator, yes, absolutely.  

On 1/1/2019 at 2:12 AM, purplemonster said:

So Wilks, McCarthy, Lewis, Joseph, Bowles, Gase, Koetter, Jackson.....Damn.  That is a lot of coaches.  32 teams right?  That means 1/4 are gone.  Will be interesting to see what the Steelers do.  Vikings are likely going to keep both HC and GM.  I am ambivalent about that if they do.  I like Zimmer but not sure he is the best HC.  Defense coordinator, yes, absolutely.  

He should be fired but he wont be. 

Lol Hue Jackson has an interview for the Bengals HC gig 

1 minute ago, buddahj said:

Lol Hue Jackson has an interview for the Bengals HC gig 

:lol:  

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

:lol:  

I saw an article where Marvin Lewis endorsed Hue for HC, of course he did they are best buddies and Hue always knew he had a job with the Bengals every time he left (they told him so, maybe it was Lewis, but may have been owner/gm-for-life Mike Brown).

Great time for the Browns to be rebounding while others in the division are in turmoil. 

McCarthy visit to Cleveland is postponed:

With the Browns now interviewing Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski today, Mike McCarthy's interview in Cleveland will take place next week. The former Packers coach also has the Jets on his interview list. That could end up being the place... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41051743-4