[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Wolverines Fan

22 hours ago, DMD said:

I picture him sitting down at a big table with his advisors - Terrell Owens, Charlie Sheen and Johnny Manzell.

But dude, bro you know, I'm a man ain't got to do what nobody says...

His family should make sure he seeks help.

So after watching his interview with ESPN in its entirety here are my takes, hes a liar, and he doesn't make any sense, I don't think he actually even realizes how much he's contradicting himself and what his actual reasons for all this are. He mentions its all about winning, ummm, ok. Then says its a business, oh ok... then it's all just about respect, hmmm, so what's it all about AB... Then he says he isn't playing without more guarantees yady yada they gonna play by my rules. The interviewer is so confused looking it's laughable

His reaction to and explanation for the speeding ticket is all you need to know about who he is. He was surprised that they even pulled him over at all because, well, he's a Pittsburgh Steeler in Pittsburgh and he knows a lot of them. Then claims that they said he was profiled as a suspect in a robbery and because of that they had to call a bunch of back up. Said he was just trying to get to work. Dude....you were going 2 and 1/2 times the speed limit (conveniently never mentions that). Then he poo-poos the court hearing as 'not important' (you HAVE to request that if you don't want to pay the fine) and criticizes the media for trying to make him look bad for not showing up.  

Then it appears that AB is bent out of shape because Ben gets special treatment, Art Rooney doesn't know the names of his kids, because Ben didn't have him over more often and that he and Ben don't work out together in the off season. REALLY?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2505720-how-ben-roethlisberger-grew-up-and-became-one-of-the-nfls-great-teammates?share=other

In the offseason prior to last year, Roethlisberger invited Wheaton and fellow young wide receivers Antonio Brown, Justin Brown and Derek Moye to Newport Beach, California, for a few days so they could run routes, throw and catch and get some football time in during the period when NFL teams are not allowed to practice. The chemistry the quarterback built with his receivers in California helped the Steelers pass for more yards than 30 teams last season.

"He helped me be a better player by always challenging me," said Antonio Brown, a former sixth-round pick who led the NFL in receiving yards last season. "No matter what you achieve, he's always harping on continuously improving, finding ways to be better."

So this spring, Roethlisberger brought Brown, Wheaton, Martavis Bryant, Darrius Heyward-Bey and running back LeVeon Bell on a four-day excursion to Georgia, where they stayed at Roethlisberger's Greensboro lake house and trained at the University of Georgia. They worked out about two-and-a-half hours a day in advance of OTAs.

"We got great work," Bell said. "And we had a great time. It was a great thing for him to do."

So Ben gets special treatment? AB has a private home in Letrobe during training camp. Ben stays in the dorms with his lineman... The rest of it is all true and was true before Week 17 2018 and has been since AB was drafted in 2010, and it didn't bother AB too much then apparently, So what changed in Week 17?

Two things: 1) Juju won the BS team MVP award,and Ab took that as lack of respect by team mates and

2) following his temper tantrum over this, AB fully expected that he could show up for Cincy game and play and for the first time in history, Tomin told him no. This behavior from AB is nothing new and until week 17 he was never disciplined for it, so he was expecting business (boomin) as usual. This goes back several seasons. AB skipped a practice earlier this season after his 'trade me' tweet, Tomlin covered for him. AB attacked Haley on the sidelines (2013?), the following week he was fed the ball and had his career game. He threatened to hold out in 2015, they gave him a 2 million$ raise. TD celebration penalties went unchecked. Facebook from the locker room went unchecked. The list goes on and on, now we see the end result and it's suddenly the Steelers who don't respect him and his talent, that's his narrative. 

The dude is arrogant, entitled, and narcissistic to the extreme. Can you imagine what the locker room is like with that cancer in it? Talk about walking on egg shells. Getting rid of him WILL BE addition by subtraction. 

As a die hard fan I've seen some great seasons and also some bad but right now at this moment I’d rather see AB be a distracting healthy scratch and us have a mediocre season or two than to give in. Why would I say that? Because in the long run the team is doomed if it shows that much weakness and gives in. It will NEVER have credibility in future tough negotiations. The message has to be “if you want to kill your career, kill your career. We’re NOT going to allow your negative behavior to force us to give you what you want.” Bell was a different scenario, he had no obligations, at the time it was painful for fans, me included that he was acting that way, but that was business and we can understand it.

Another way out is to say “you want a release AB? We’ll release you if you pay back the $21 million in prorated bonus dollars” - which by the way, he’ll owe if he retires, so his “I don’t need football gig is just more BS. 

No way, no how, no chance can the team give in. I’d rather go 6-10 the next couple of years and be stronger in the long run. If we give in, this team loses all credibility and every malcontent will just play the same game.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Yeah sorry it was lengthy lol

It was worth the read, better info from a homer perspective than I get most places, the local Steeler fans I've talked to seem ambivalent. 

The guy is clearly not thinking rationally. He probably doesn't realize that he'd have to pay that money back if he retires, wait until he finds that out. (Hmm, I wonder does his agent still get his share if the money has to be paid back.)

I agree with your feeling that the Steelers need to stand firm here, caving to him will set a dangerous precedent. 

Would be hilarious to watch AB and Chucky in a shouting match. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

It was worth the read, better info from a homer perspective than I get most places, the local Steeler fans I've talked to seem ambivalent. 

The guy is clearly not thinking rationally. He probably doesn't realize that he'd have to pay that money back if he retires, wait until he finds that out. (Hmm, I wonder does his agent still get his share if the money has to be paid back.)

I agree with your feeling that the Steelers need to stand firm here, caving to him will set a dangerous precedent. 

Would be hilarious to watch AB and Chucky in a shouting match. 

AB & Gruden are gonna kill each other. I think that would be a terrible fit for AB. If he wasn't happy in Pitts offense, he's in for a rude awakening. 

On 3/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, Gourdeau said:

And for the record we don't actually say "eh" big myth. We don't speak nearly as funny as people from Minnesota or Wisconsin lol

Gotta ask...

Is it a myth you guys are polite to a fault?

Is take a left at the moose a myth as well? 

8 hours ago, boltnlava said:

Gotta ask...

Is it a myth you guys are polite to a fault?

Is take a left at the moose a myth as well? 

We are pretty damn polite that is true.. Even the big cities like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver, the majority of people are super nice and pproachable. We have some chalupas but they are fewer than other countries Ive travelled to.

Never heard the other one before to be honest. 

27 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

We are pretty damn polite that is true.. Even the big cities like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver, the majority of people are super nice and pproachable. We have some chalupas but they are fewer than other countries Ive travelled to.

Never heard the other one before to be honest.

Quebec not so much. The snow birds that come done here are pretty darn rude. 

45 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Quebec not so much. The snow birds that come done here are pretty darn rude. 

100% true. Quebec all together is like a different country all together. They've wanted to separate from Canada for a long time

Enough politics let's keep the drama rolling.. Talks are heating up. 

Peter king said yesterday he "categorically believes and would lay money that the steelers will get the 1 pick they desire" 

My guess is Oakland #27

well let me put it to you this way, while I agree with you knowing NOW what we know, but putting it aside, if I asked you last off season, for next 3 to 5 years would raiders be better off with Cooper or Brown, I think majority would say Brown.. Knowing Gruden, his ego is saying " I can control this guy" 

Damn I hope this happens. Some good value in the late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round at Def in this draft. We'd have 20,27 and 52.