Wolverines Fan

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Lol I mean the Raiders are actually a good fit from a personnel standpoint.  They desperately need a receiver.  And they have the draft picks.  But how long til AB melts down with the Raiders......over under is what, 4 games? 

Agree, but can you imagine if he ended up with the Redskins or Titans? He'd probably walk out during the preseason. If he wasn't happy in the Steelers offense where will he be? 

Being on the backside of his career and being the pain in the ass that he is, I just don't see them getting a first round pick for him either. I'm thinking a 3rd. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, but can you imagine if he ended up with the Redskins or Titans? He'd probably walk out during the preseason. If he wasn't happy in the Steelers offense where will he be? 

Being on the backside of his career and being the pain in the ass that he is, I just don't see them getting a first round pick for him either. I'm thinking a 3rd. 

Yeah I think we're basically agreeing. My point was what is the over under on when he melts down if he goes to the Raiders and I guessed game 4.  These contracts are so complicated I'm not even sure if he could refuse the trade. I'm sure he could make life difficult I'd be surprised if he would even go to Oakland

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah I think we're basically agreeing. My point was what is the over under on when he melts down if he goes to the Raiders and I guessed game 4.  These contracts are so complicated I'm not even sure if he could refuse the trade. I'm sure he could make life difficult I'd be surprised if he would even go to Oakland

He was ZERO leverage. He can't nix a trade. He goes where they send him.  Now he could sway a trade by continuing to flap his gums which I think is the main reason there's only 3 teams interested at this point. I think he's going to be humbled by the lack of interest from the higher class of organizations.

I rest my case. (the really bad word)in meat head 

Exactly what he wants. He wants to make it clear he ain't going back bit ain't going where they want to send him. He wants to be released and that is not happening 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Thanks 1

Amazing.  What a clown.  Anyone who touches him deserves what they get now. 

He's a rich man no matter what so maybe he doesn't care. 

This is what I was saying before about "yes it could get worse". 

Edited by purplemonster

Wow I just read that article.  Even worse than I thought.  I wouldn't sign him period now.  Not at his salary even. Let alone give any extras.  The man has checked out. 

It's too bad a great man like Shazier who would give anything to play and is fighting like hell to make it happen again is the one who had a career ending injury and not a guy like this idiot. Absolutely remarkable 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

he ain't going back bit ain't going where they want

lol, wut?

22 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, wut?

Whoa... here I was knocking him for not speaking English LOL... what I meant was He is making sure he isn't going back to Pittsburgh by making it impossible for them to try and reconcile but at the same time he's making it impossible for other teams to offer fair compensation. He's trying to force them to release him.

I picture him sitting down at a big table with his advisors - Terrell Owens, Charlie Sheen and Johnny Manzell.

Was he always this flaky or is he legitimately loosing his mind? I knew he was a diva as most receivers are but I don't remember him being this crazy.

45 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Was he always this flaky or is he legitimately loosing his mind? I knew he was a diva as most receivers are but I don't remember him being this crazy.

Some believe he's losing his mind some saw this coming. Ryan Clark former steeler tells a story from browns early years where management was told as soon as this guy gets paid he's gonna be a problem.

Edited by Gourdeau

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Some believe he's losing his mind some saw this coming. Ryan Clark former steeler tells a story from browns early years where management was told as soon as this guy gets paid he's gonna be a problem.

He was right. He's off the rails. 

22 hours ago, DMD said:

I picture him sitting down at a big table with his advisors - Terrell Owens, Charlie Sheen and Johnny Manzell.

But dude, bro you know, I'm a man ain't got to do what nobody says...

His family should make sure he seeks help.

So after watching his interview with ESPN in its entirety here are my takes, hes a liar, and he doesn't make any sense, I don't think he actually even realizes how much he's contradicting himself and what his actual reasons for all this are. He mentions its all about winning, ummm, ok. Then says its a business, oh ok... then it's all just about respect, hmmm, so what's it all about AB... Then he says he isn't playing without more guarantees yady yada they gonna play by my rules. The interviewer is so confused looking it's laughable

His reaction to and explanation for the speeding ticket is all you need to know about who he is. He was surprised that they even pulled him over at all because, well, he's a Pittsburgh Steeler in Pittsburgh and he knows a lot of them. Then claims that they said he was profiled as a suspect in a robbery and because of that they had to call a bunch of back up. Said he was just trying to get to work. Dude....you were going 2 and 1/2 times the speed limit (conveniently never mentions that). Then he poo-poos the court hearing as 'not important' (you HAVE to request that if you don't want to pay the fine) and criticizes the media for trying to make him look bad for not showing up.  

Then it appears that AB is bent out of shape because Ben gets special treatment, Art Rooney doesn't know the names of his kids, because Ben didn't have him over more often and that he and Ben don't work out together in the off season. REALLY?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2505720-how-ben-roethlisberger-grew-up-and-became-one-of-the-nfls-great-teammates?share=other

In the offseason prior to last year, Roethlisberger invited Wheaton and fellow young wide receivers Antonio Brown, Justin Brown and Derek Moye to Newport Beach, California, for a few days so they could run routes, throw and catch and get some football time in during the period when NFL teams are not allowed to practice. The chemistry the quarterback built with his receivers in California helped the Steelers pass for more yards than 30 teams last season.

"He helped me be a better player by always challenging me," said Antonio Brown, a former sixth-round pick who led the NFL in receiving yards last season. "No matter what you achieve, he's always harping on continuously improving, finding ways to be better."

So this spring, Roethlisberger brought Brown, Wheaton, Martavis Bryant, Darrius Heyward-Bey and running back LeVeon Bell on a four-day excursion to Georgia, where they stayed at Roethlisberger's Greensboro lake house and trained at the University of Georgia. They worked out about two-and-a-half hours a day in advance of OTAs.

"We got great work," Bell said. "And we had a great time. It was a great thing for him to do."

So Ben gets special treatment? AB has a private home in Letrobe during training camp. Ben stays in the dorms with his lineman... The rest of it is all true and was true before Week 17 2018 and has been since AB was drafted in 2010, and it didn't bother AB too much then apparently, So what changed in Week 17?

Two things: 1) Juju won the BS team MVP award,and Ab took that as lack of respect by team mates and

2) following his temper tantrum over this, AB fully expected that he could show up for Cincy game and play and for the first time in history, Tomin told him no. This behavior from AB is nothing new and until week 17 he was never disciplined for it, so he was expecting business (boomin) as usual. This goes back several seasons. AB skipped a practice earlier this season after his 'trade me' tweet, Tomlin covered for him. AB attacked Haley on the sidelines (2013?), the following week he was fed the ball and had his career game. He threatened to hold out in 2015, they gave him a 2 million$ raise. TD celebration penalties went unchecked. Facebook from the locker room went unchecked. The list goes on and on, now we see the end result and it's suddenly the Steelers who don't respect him and his talent, that's his narrative. 

The dude is arrogant, entitled, and narcissistic to the extreme. Can you imagine what the locker room is like with that cancer in it? Talk about walking on egg shells. Getting rid of him WILL BE addition by subtraction. 

As a die hard fan I've seen some great seasons and also some bad but right now at this moment I’d rather see AB be a distracting healthy scratch and us have a mediocre season or two than to give in. Why would I say that? Because in the long run the team is doomed if it shows that much weakness and gives in. It will NEVER have credibility in future tough negotiations. The message has to be “if you want to kill your career, kill your career. We’re NOT going to allow your negative behavior to force us to give you what you want.” Bell was a different scenario, he had no obligations, at the time it was painful for fans, me included that he was acting that way, but that was business and we can understand it.

Another way out is to say “you want a release AB? We’ll release you if you pay back the $21 million in prorated bonus dollars” - which by the way, he’ll owe if he retires, so his “I don’t need football gig is just more BS. 

No way, no how, no chance can the team give in. I’d rather go 6-10 the next couple of years and be stronger in the long run. If we give in, this team loses all credibility and every malcontent will just play the same game.

• Thanks 1

That was a pretty long summary Gordeau. But I definitely agree with you. He's an idiot and a confused one. But highly talented physically. Nevertheless his ego has now taken over and he's just a meatstick. They got to do whatever they can do to get rid of Mr. Big Chest

Here is a good take by Cris Carter which kind of shocked me cause he's always kind of sided with the "me me me " guy.

Gourdeau has a lot of time on his hands since retirement, eh?  I wonder if he talks about Antonio Brown to Mrs. Gourdeau?

And for the record we don't actually say "eh" big myth. We don't speak nearly as funny as people from Minnesota or Wisconsin lol

30 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

We don't speak nearly as funny as people from Minnesota or Wisconsin lol

Touché

All joking aside I just love my team and this is my outlet and hope someone out here is listening haha 

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

All joking aside I just love my team and this is my outlet and hope someone out here is listening haha 

You always bring good stuff Gourdeau. Keep up the good work. We gotta keep this forum going during the offseason. There is only like 5 of us.