Wolverines Fan

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Andrew Fillipponi Reports:

"I've been told from multiple people the teammate in the "unspecified heated dispute with a teammate" in the @PittsburghPG story on Antonio Brown is Ben Roethlisberger...tell me how many other star quarterbacks have to put up with this kind of crap? It's sad."

Edited by League_Champion

Wow. Didn't know Roethlisberger was the target. 

Can Brown come back from this? 

9 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Wow. Didn't know Roethlisberger was the target. 

Can Brown come back from this? 

He could but he's gonna have a lot of explaining and apologizing to do. He basically bailed out on his teammates. He also has to come to terms and realize that Juju is now the top dog in Pitt. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He also has to come to terms and realize that Juju is now the top dog in Pitt. 

Not sure I would go that far.   Juju had 7 more catches and 120 more yards  but Antonio had 8 more TDs.  Seems like more of a 1 and 1a to me.  

Just now, Montana is da Man said:

Not sure I would go that far.   Juju had 7 more catches and 120 more yards  but Antonio had 8 more TDs.  Seems like more of a 1 and 1a to me.  

The team voted Juju Captain. I think that says all you need to know going forward. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

The team voted Juju Captain. I think that says all you need to know going forward. 

They can't vote Antonio captain after he threw a football at his QB

51 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

They can't vote Antonio captain after he threw a football at his QB

Didn't the vote happen before the pegging?

1 hour ago, irish said:

Think he was more accurate than Big Ben? Maybe that's why the hate.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, irish said:

Honestly cant say.  I thought I saw a C on Brown's jersey but i could be thinking of a previous season.  

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Think he was more accurate than Big Ben? Maybe that's why the hate.

Definitely was 

Maybe Antonio was disappointed when he found out that Ben is a rapist?

• Like 1

Ouch!  I recommend Big Ben and AB avoid this thread.  When things get this broken it is hard to repair them.  This looks bad for Tomlin and AB and looks like a dysfunctional franchise.  I think they will have to move on from AB if at all possible.  When you are missing an entire week of practice before a huge game something is terribly wrong.  

ab is an amazing talent...but hes always been a hothead...which is fine i guess...i like the fact that hes different...life would be boring if everyone were boring and the same...i sort of loathe bland people really....

but the guy got kicked out of FIU before playing a down....hes been reported to have thrown furniture from the 14th floor of his apt building.....he had the incident where he filmed tomlin and posted it...along with several other incidents....i mean....im sure theres alot more thats gone on with this guy that has gone unreported behind the scenes...and he probably believes that it will always be tolerated as long as hes productive....but you have to believe alot of people are getting tired of it...especially when they have a fun loving alternative on the scene who toes the line

The Steelers have been competitive and in the mix for as long as I can remember . It does seem though like they are hitting a challenging time for the franchise. Big Ben has been one of the best QBs in the game for a while . Giant talent and intangibles , but he has limited years left. Tomlin in turmoil. AB in turmoil. Bell gone . Maybe they can rally and now wallow in decline for a while , who knows . It just seems like they are headed for a rebuild . Im a huge fan of JuJu . I think that guy is everything thats right about the game

In retrospect I wonder if it hadn't been better to play him then shop him in the offseason. Probably would have gotten out anyway though, I don't know. Now everyone knows they really would like market price for him and have him gone.

8 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

In retrospect I wonder if it hadn't been better to play him then shop him in the offseason. Probably would have gotten out anyway though, I don't know. Now everyone knows they really would like market price for him and have him gone.

It's a tough spot for the Steelers. Especially after losing Bell. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's a tough spot for the Steelers. Especially after losing Bell. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

It will definitely be interesting, Antonio Brown may be a diva but he's also really really good. There will be some teams tempted regardless I would think. But he's also on the wrong side of 30, not the biggest deal for a receiver but a consideration. I'm not up to date on his contract situation either

Edited by purplemonster

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

It will definitely be interesting, Antonio Brown may be a diva but he's also really really good. There will be some teams tempted regardless I would think. But he's also on the wrong side of 30, not the biggest deal for a receiver but a consideration. I'm not up to date on his contract situation either

I agree totally. This can go a number of ways. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They'll never get market value for AB now. 

that's not how it works.

If there are 2 or more teams interested, they'll keep his value at market (or even more). I can see 49ers, CHI, WAS, NYJ,  and maybe DET, TB, BUF, TEN, IND, all being interested. That's 3-8 teams I predict that will call in. His value isn't going low.

25 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

that's not how it works.

If there are 2 or more teams interested, they'll keep his value at market (or even more). I can see 49ers, CHI, WAS, NYJ,  and maybe DET, TB, BUF, TEN, IND, all being interested. That's 3-8 teams I predict that will call in. His value isn't going low.

Depends on the cap hit