[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wild card game thread

BeeR

Congrats Eagles fans and good luck to your team.

This loss is going to sting for awhile.

Ryan Pace has made some great personnel moves, but not finding a way to bring Robbie Gould back or finding a decent replacement for him finally bit them in the rear at the worst possible time.

Only four touches for Tarik Cohen was inexcusable.

While I get the angst against Parkey/Pace, I think many have forgotten how bad Gould was his last two years in Chicago.  Pace should of found a better option than Parkey yes, but the Gould stuff is just looking at things in hindsight. 

I wouldn't put that on parkey.  Shoulda stopped the eagles on their game winning drive. I'd also point some fingers at the anemic offense for not putting more points on the board.  

I don't put much of this loss on parkey. Sorry. 

I don't understand why Nagy played all his starters virtually the whole game last week when it was pretty clear the Eagles were a far better opponent. First there's injury risks and having players fresh.  And then it's the reigning champs who have gotten hot recently while the Vikes are struggling.  And the Vikings match up really poorly while the Eagles don't.  The Vikes cannot stop the Bears D line whereas the Eagles have a good OL. The Eagles major weakness is pass D which the Bears can't exploit.  Just didn't make sense to me at all.  If this was the Vikings the Bears are likely still alive. 

Edited by purplemonster

3 minutes ago, loaf said:

I missed most of the second game yesterday. Sounds like Parkey did too. 

He was successful on 3 kicks and I keep seeing the last one was tipped . He is an easy scapegoat and yes a good kicker has to make that kick , but I think there is a lot of blame to go around

11 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I wouldn't put that on parkey.  Shoulda stopped the eagles on their game winning drive. I'd also point some fingers at the anemic offense for not putting more points on the board.  

I don't put much of this loss on parkey. Sorry. 

Plus it turns out the kick was tipped. Parkey is not very good and kicks very low. So he's going to have that happen.

Heck NFL kickers in general don't seem to be very good these days, I think moving the XP line back has messed with their heads. 

Didn't know the kick was tipped.

Agree, Bears should have scored more than 15 and Cohen's small role. Both things are on Nagy. Not really fair for me to put the whole loss on Parkey.

And I still can't stand those gimmick 2 point conversion plays that Nagy uses.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

16 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Congrats Eagles fans and good luck to your team.

This loss is going to sting for awhile.

Ryan Pace has made some great personnel moves, but not finding a way to bring Robbie Gould back or finding a decent replacement for him finally bit them in the rear at the worst possible time.

Only four touches for Tarik Cohen was inexcusable.

Agree. I don't understand why Cohen wasn't used more. I thought he looked good early on. 

14 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't understand why Nagy played all his starters virtually the whole game last week when it was pretty clear the Eagles were a far better opponent. First there's injury risks and having players fresh.  And then it's the reigning champs who have gotten hot recently while the Vikes are struggling.  And the Vikings match up really poorly while the Eagles don't.  The Vikes cannot stop the Bears D line whereas the Eagles have a good OL. The Eagles major weakness is pass D which the Bears can't exploit.  Just didn't make sense to me at all.  If this was the Vikings the Bears are likely still alive. 

I was shocked as well. I thought the Bears would of rested everyone and waited on the Vikings again. It really made no sense 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's still his fault. He kicked it way too low and right into the line. 

He's always kicked the ball low, has been a problem since he entered the NFL The real problem is teams keep hiring him and relying on him, and nobody has been able to fix his problems.