lol, apparently, if Foles buys out his contract costing him a real $2mil out of his pocket, PHI can still tag him :lol:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles plan to pick up their $20 million option on Nick Foles.

This doesn't mean Foles will be back, but the Eagles weren't a lock to pick this up. Foles is expected to buyout the option for $2 million, making him a free agent. There are rumblings the Eagles will franchise and trade Foles for a third-round pick after that, but there's still a lot of uncertainty with how this plays out. With Philly committed to Carson Wentz, we'd be shocked if Foles wasn't playing elsewhere in 2019.

Source: NFL Network
Feb 2 - 3:46 PM

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, apparently, if Foles buys out his contract costing him a real $2mil out of his pocket, PHI can still tag him :lol:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles plan to pick up their $20 million option on Nick Foles.

This doesn't mean Foles will be back, but the Eagles weren't a lock to pick this up. Foles is expected to buyout the option for $2 million, making him a free agent. There are rumblings the Eagles will franchise and trade Foles for a third-round pick after that, but there's still a lot of uncertainty with how this plays out. With Philly committed to Carson Wentz, we'd be shocked if Foles wasn't playing elsewhere in 2019.

Source: NFL Network
Feb 2 - 3:46 PM

Foles won't be back in Philly, not a chance. Give it up, it's not happening. 

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Foles won't be back in Philly, not a chance. Give it up, it's not happening. 

lol you said there was no way they'd exercise his option. I'm confused on why you speak in absolutes. Only the Sith do that.

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol you said there was no way they'd exercise his option. I'm confused on why you speak in absolutes. Only the Sith do that.

Why are you so obsessed and worried about what I say? Do you want to #+@& me or something?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Do you want to #+@& me or something?

yes, I am very much turned on by guys who are into absolutes and often absolutely wrong. You found me out.

a/s/l? Do you look like Darth Maul? I love his lightsaber.

• Haha 1

wow! I wonder who's decision that was? Did his agent convince him to try the market? He and his agent need to be 100% certain that he gets more than $22 million this year and all of that guaranteed.

Nick Foles declined his $20 million option, making him a free agent.

Foles bought back his freedom temporarily for $2 million. The question now becomes whether the Eagles will answer back and use the franchise tag in an effort to trade Foles. The endgame at some point will be Foles donning a new uniform in 2019. It’s just a matter of how he gets to that. He’ll get a multi-year deal.
Related: Eagles

Feb 5 - 9:09 PM

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

wow! I wonder who's decision that was? Did his agent convince him to try the market? He and his agent need to be 100% certain that he gets more than $22 million this year and all of that guaranteed.

Nick Foles declined his $20 million option, making him a free agent.

Foles bought back his freedom temporarily for $2 million. The question now becomes whether the Eagles will answer back and use the franchise tag in an effort to trade Foles. The endgame at some point will be Foles donning a new uniform in 2019. It’s just a matter of how he gets to that. He’ll get a multi-year deal.
Related: Eagles

Feb 5 - 9:09 PM

Brilliant Steve, you can read! Yippie Yo.

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Brilliant Steve, you can read! Yippie Yo.

i don't understand your reply.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i don't understand your reply.

:Luckily nobody else is participating in the conversation so you'll have some time to figure it out.

I agree on your dislike for absolutes, but it seems to be the way of sports fans today. I blame sports talk radio, because in order to be heard you need to be a loud mouth that says outrageous stuff. 

Of course you did something similar saying that Foles agent need to be 100% certain they can get $22M this year and all guaranteed. It is about more than just next year, Foles has shown skills and has value, some decent team in need of a starter will sign him to a deal that makes him more than he would have most likely made if he had stayed with the Eagles. 

now back to the League_Champion and LordOpie show

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

:Luckily nobody else is participating in the conversation so you'll have some time to figure it out.

I agree on your dislike for absolutes, but it seems to be the way of sports fans today. I blame sports talk radio, because in order to be heard you need to be a loud mouth that says outrageous stuff. 

Of course you did something similar saying that Foles agent need to be 100% certain they can get $22M this year and all guaranteed. It is about more than just next year, Foles has shown skills and has value, some decent team in need of a starter will sign him to a deal that makes him more than he would have most likely made if he had stayed with the Eagles. 

now back to the League_Champion and LordOpie show

The only thing we can say for certain is that he WILL NOT be an Eagle next year. Which is what I said all along. Now stop nit picking you two. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

ourse you did something similar saying that Foles agent need to be 100% certain they can get $22M this year and all guaranteed. I

He forfeited $22 million. There's nothing wrong with my assertion that he needs to be absolutely sure he'll get more.

It seems like he's been around forever but he's still fairly young in QB years. I could see him getting a 3 year deal in that range. I don't think he's a full time starter but nonetheless he'll get his. For me he's in that Keenum territory.

38 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I think he'll be a Dolphin.

SS2.JPG.05af76684400bb2d39e0e19410bdc05b.JPG

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Dolphins, Jags, Broncos or Redskins (longshot).

Local radio says DEN doesn't see foles as an upgrade over keenum

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Local radio says DEN doesn't see foles as an upgrade over keenum

I kinda agree with that. They are very similar in skillset. I think Denver will get it's next franchise QB this year in the draft via Drew Lock.

I think NYG.

also, to be clear, this drama isn't over. I bet PHI franchise tags him, partly because they want to get some compensation, but also... they don't want him going to NYG.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think NYG.

also, to be clear, this drama isn't over. I bet PHI franchise tags him, partly because they want to get some compensation, but also... they don't want him going to NYG.

I think they'll franchise & trade him as well. But if they misjudged his market they'll be stuck with a 20 million dollar backup and wayyy over the cap. They better be right.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/2/6/18214097/eagles-nick-foles-rumors-giants-trade-franchise-tag-contract-philadelphia-new-york-eli-manning-news

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I think they'll franchise & trade him as well. But if they misjudged his market they'll be stuck with a 20 million dollar backup and wayyy over the cap. They better be right.

they only have to pay Foles if he signs the tag.

So if they trade Foles is that team obligated to pay him 25 million this season?  Or if they Foles wants to sign a longer term contract how does he do that?  

13 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

So if they trade Foles is that team obligated to pay him 25 million this season?  Or if they Foles wants to sign a longer term contract how does he do that?  

they cannot trade him until he signs his tag. The idea is that the player is allowed to negotiate their own deals with only the teams he wants to. Once he signs, the team can keep him or trade him to ANY team that PHI chooses! Meaning, definitely not NYG. Could you imagine Foles with Saquon?

So, until he signs, PHI is not obligated and he won't sign until he chooses his next team.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

they cannot trade him until he signs his tag. The idea is that the player is allowed to negotiate their own deals with only the teams he wants to. Once he signs, the team can keep him or trade him to ANY team that PHI chooses! Meaning, definitely not NYG. Could you imagine Foles with Saquon?

So, until he signs, PHI is not obligated and he won't sign until he chooses his next team.

Got ya. That's a tough one if your Foles. Do you sign it and guarantee yourself a huge payday or chance it on the open market? And Philly doesn't have much leverage. They are right against the cap. If he signs it and denies or doesn't want to be traded they are in big cap trouble. From what I've been reading I'm starting to think that there's a good chance the Birds don't tag him. 

Edited by League_Champion

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think NYG.

Those two statements seem to contradict each other, why think it will be NYG if you'd bet (more certainty than think?) PHI tags him, so they can get something and control where he goes, which is not to NYG.

I'd think that kind of rules out NYG, no?

I know sometimes people just post random thoughts, but this seems to be from two different people that didn't talk.