[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kliff Kingsbury to the Cards

darin3

On 1/9/2019 at 7:08 AM, NAUgrad said:

This one to me is a head scratcher.  Maybe he's a QB whisperer or something but he hasn't exactly excelled as a HC.  What am I missing?

The biggest part of being a HC, at least lately, is being able to jive with the QB.  What had Sean McVay done as a HC prior to his signing?

Many teams want "the next big thing".  I actually applaud it, rather than going for retreads that didn't work elsewhere... may as well try a young guy with a seemingly brilliant offensive mind.

21 minutes ago, darin3 said:

The biggest part of being a HC, at least lately, is being able to jive with the QB.  What had Sean McVay done as a HC prior to his signing?

Many teams want "the next big thing".  I actually applaud it, rather than going for retreads that didn't work elsewhere... may as well try a young guy with a seemingly brilliant offensive mind.

All true. Issue I have is people labeling coaches like McCarthy as over the hill, a failure, unable to succeed again, based primarily on two bad season, one with Rodgers and another with Rodgers returning from major injury plus some new injuries. Andy Reid, Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Belichik all come to mind. 

Sean McVay also has a very good defensive coach, with former head coaching experience (as well as tons of general football experience). I'm not so sure the Rams succeed if their DC is some other young 30-40 year old guy. 

It can't get any worse, well maybe it can.

We go from Arians blowing a gasket every other play to Wilks, who was a deer in the headlights for 16 straight games on EVERY play...no emotion or passion.

no place to go but up......7-9 will be like a superbowl trip.