[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 keeper league...who to keep?

turbotooslow

8 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

2 keeper league, doesn't matter when the player was drafted...it's keepera and then regular draft. Keeps decided one hour before draft.

10 team, .5ppr

My eligible keepers: 

DJ

Chubb

AB (this is what I'm waiting on...)

Julio

Kittle

My keeper league is the exact same format.

Personally, I'd keep AB and Julio.  Because of the format, if you don't keep 1 guy with an ADP in the top 10 and another within the top 20 you are starting behind the 8 ball.

It's still early and a ton can change, but CBS has Julio and AB going at picks 11/12.  DJ isn't until 15, Chubb is 28 and Kittle is 32.  

The other key factor  is age.  AB is 30 and Julio is 29 but WRs can last a lot longer than RBs.  Larry Fitzgerald is 35 and on the right team would be a high-end wr2.  So you are hoping that you could get a minimum of 4-5 more years from both.  DJ is 27 so he only has a few more years until you have to worry about him falling off.

I don't know if it changes my answer, but where do you draft?  I was considering something like keeping Chubb and Johnson is you knew you could get either Brown or Jones with your pick, or something like that...  without that info, I think I keep Chubb and Julio, pending AB news.

52 minutes ago, ProfPoobah said:

I don't know if it changes my answer, but where do you draft?  I was considering something like keeping Chubb and Johnson is you knew you could get either Brown or Jones with your pick, or something like that...  without that info, I think I keep Chubb and Julio, pending AB news.

Draft is randomized an hour before it starts. The AB trade or non-trade will greatly influence my strategy. Thanks for the input!

Edited by turbotooslow

8 hours ago, char92474 said:

My keeper league is the exact same format.

Personally, I'd keep AB and Julio.  Because of the format, if you don't keep 1 guy with an ADP in the top 10 and another within the top 20 you are starting behind the 8 ball.

It's still early and a ton can change, but CBS has Julio and AB going at picks 11/12.  DJ isn't until 15, Chubb is 28 and Kittle is 32.  

The other key factor  is age.  AB is 30 and Julio is 29 but WRs can last a lot longer than RBs.  Larry Fitzgerald is 35 and on the right team would be a high-end wr2.  So you are hoping that you could get a minimum of 4-5 more years from both.  DJ is 27 so he only has a few more years until you have to worry about him falling off.

Agreed, plus I think I can get DJ and maybe Chubb in the draft for good value. No one in my league knows anything.

14 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

Agreed, plus I think I can get DJ and maybe Chubb in the draft for good value. No one in my league knows anything.

This again sounds just like my league.  I actually hate the format, but it's a 12 team league and at least half the league has no idea what they are doing, so I just won my 2nd straight title and 5th in the last 10 years.  

Under our keeper rules, if a player doesn't have a ADP in the top 24, you are wasting that keeper pick.  Our league only awards 4pts per passing td and 1 pt every 25 passing yards, so most years you could argue that there isn't a single QB worth keeping.  Yet this year 3 qbs were kept (Brady, Rodgers and Wentz). Someone kept Larry Fitzgerald this year even though he had an ADP in the 4th round, then they wonder why they always finish at the bottom

10 hours ago, char92474 said:

This again sounds just like my league.  I actually hate the format, but it's a 12 team league and at least half the league has no idea what they are doing, so I just won my 2nd straight title and 5th in the last 10 years.  

Under our keeper rules, if a player doesn't have a ADP in the top 24, you are wasting that keeper pick.  Our league only awards 4pts per passing td and 1 pt every 25 passing yards, so most years you could argue that there isn't a single QB worth keeping.  Yet this year 3 qbs were kept (Brady, Rodgers and Wentz). Someone kept Larry Fitzgerald this year even though he had an ADP in the 4th round, then they wonder why they always finish at the bottom

Haha that's funny stuff. Yeah even in our 6 pt TD league I doubt anyone will keep a QB. Maybe Mahomes owner, but he has Hopkins/Thielen/Hunt(lol)/Carson so idk...