[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schefter: Broncos hire Fangio

Dcat

25 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Good for Vic. I don't know if he will be a good HC or not, but thinking he is a great DC but not a superior HC type.

Setback for the Bears D? Or do they have assistants behind him ready to step up and carry on the same scheme?

One thing I kept seeing in CLE with coaching changes was a switch from 4-3 to 3-4 and back. They draft talent to fit one, then change schemes and have to change personnel too. I fear that again, but with some steadiness at the top for both teams (HC part of current staff) hopefully they know its not wise to change. 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Good for Vic. I don't know if he will be a good HC or not, but thinking he is a great DC but not a superior HC type.

Darn. Hate to see him go.

:(  :kicksrock:

10 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Glad the steelers get to hold onto Munchak. He should be Tomlins replacement 

With the speed that organization tends to move at with coaching, Munchak will be dead before replacing Tomlin is even considered (and its hard not to say it should of been considered this year).

2 hours ago, Def. said:

With the speed that organization tends to move at with coaching, Munchak will be dead before replacing Tomlin is even considered (and its hard not to say it should of been considered this year).

100% should have been

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you're right, when it comes to potential. This defense way under-performed. All things considered, this DEF was horrible compared to what it should've been. Joe Woods needed help and VJ was too over-whelmed to help him succeed.

Because Kubiak can focus on OFF and he is good at that. Fangio can focus on DEF. The question is, will Fangio be able to work with and take advice from Kubiak with regards to being a HC? Will Fangio be threatened by his asst. having way more experience and success? Will he feel the pressure knowing if he fails big time, the team has Plan B, literally, standing behind Fangio?

Plan B? Is that giving failed former Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak another try? If so why not just hire him? Or not fire him after 2016?  Seems the person who should be fired is the one pulling all the strings hiring and firing other people.

I know the ownership situation is a mess now, and he's taking full advantage of that. 

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Many people here are calling for Elway to be fired or resign. The team is a mess. But the simple fact is, who is better than Elway that would want this GM job? Not one person.

I feel like you're trying to troll me with your inaccurate attacks and I'm not sure why.

"the simple fact is... no good veteran HCs would even entertain coming here due to the lack of QB, but MOSTLY the lack of upper management stability".

Seems like your trolling yourself. Elway has been terrible. There's no way around it. He had several shots at getting a future franchise QB. Mr Football chose Case Keenum. To answer your question almost anyone would be better than Elway right now. In one quote you say there's nobody better and in the next quote you say there's a lack of upper management stability. Which is it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

How many superbowls has Gary Kubiak won as a head coach? How many superbowls has Cleveland won?

You have an interesting definition of failure.

He wasn't fired. He retired due to health reasons. It'd be nice if you paid attention.

Many people here are calling for Elway to be fired or resign. The team is a mess. But the simple fact is, who is better than Elway that would want this GM job? Not one person.

I feel like you're trying to troll me with your inaccurate attacks and I'm not sure why.

I am not trying to troll you, it was an honest question since you think Kubiak is some great plan B and you follow the Broncos. 

Kubiak retired due to health, OK I got that wrong. I am human and make mistakes. I also wasn't aware he rejoined the Broncos as a personnel adviser 7 months after retiring. 

My use of the word failure was because I thought he was fired, plus his sub .500 record with the Texans, and the fact the Broncos SB wins/games were primarily a result of Peyton Manning and a stellar defense, not some great head coaching job by Kubiak.

Maybe I'm a blind Bronco homer, but everything I read keeps saying that in NFL circles Kubiak is still highly regarded.  Atlanta was after him to be their OC.  I still think he can help Denver's offense and Keenum improve.  Kubiak was heavily involved in last years draft and I'm hoping they let him do that again this year.  I'll agree that the SB was won on a fantastic defense as it certainly wasn't Manning's play.  I hope I'm right on him as I don't think this team is very far from a 10-6 season vs. their 6-10 season.

Sounds like its a moot point now boys.  Schefter's Twitter. 

Assistant shocker: Gary Kubiak will not be Denver’s offensive coordinator, league sources tell ESPN.

After lengthy discussions, Denver and Kubiak had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies. Both sides going in different directions.

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Sounds like its a moot point now boys.  Schefter's Twitter. 

Yep just came to see if that nugget had been posted. Guess all that debate about Fangio looking over his shoulder at his replacement in waiting was for nothing. 

Broncos just got Mike Munchak from the Steelers on a lateral move. Huge gain for them major loss for us. Munchak has a Daughter and grand kids in Denver but this still speaks volumes to me about the gong show that has become the Steelers.

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Broncos just got Mike Munchak from the Steelers on a lateral move. Huge gain for them major loss for us. Munchak has a Daughter and grand kids in Denver but this still speaks volumes to me about the gong show that has become the Steelers.

Why you calling it a Gong Show? 

so many times I hear people say "Stand up for us" and (the really bad word) them. But...... you call it a Gong Show? Because you are losing your 2 best players? 

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

so many times I hear people say "Stand up for us" and (the really bad word) them. But...... you call it a Gong Show? Because you are losing your 2 best players? 

You don't think the Steelers are a hot mess full of silly drama? Gong Show seems pretty reasonable to me. 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Kubiak is JUST an advisor? That really suggests that DEN is very dysfunctional, so much so that Kubiak couldn't bother sticking around.

Vikings hired Gary Kubiak as an offensive advisor.

Gary's son Klint will take over as quarterbacks coach with Kevin Stefanski promoted from interim offensive coordinator to full-time OC. An in-season power struggle is not difficult to envision should the Vikings start slow on Stefanski's watch surrounded by Kubiaks, but it's obviously a risk coach Mike Zimmer is willing to take. Kubiak is a longtime confidante of Mike Shanahan, who drafted Vikings QB Kirk Cousins in Washington.
Related: Broncos

Jan 14 - 5:32 PM

Maybe Denver just didn't want Kubiak's son as QB coach, and Kubiak considered that a deal breaker? It's also possible that the Broncos simply couldn't agree on how involved Kubiak should be, so Kubiak decided to leave and let another team meet his terms.

Either that, or Denver is just a $hitshow as you suggest. Or a little of both, lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Man if I have to explain it then you aren't paying attention the last few years and don't know their history as an organization.

39 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Of course, by Denver, you mean elway.

And why would he care? If you hire the OC before hc, then let him choose his offensive staff.

So ... manure show

edit: I heard the sticking point was Rick Denison

What did you hear about Rich Denison?  Just curious