Dcat

Schefter: Broncos hire Fangio

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Sounds like its a moot point now boys.  Schefter's Twitter. 

Yep just came to see if that nugget had been posted. Guess all that debate about Fangio looking over his shoulder at his replacement in waiting was for nothing. 

On 1/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, LordOpie said:

but MOSTLY the lack of upper management stability.

lol, a true desperation move by very short-term management...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos "may be plotting a run" at trading for Antonio Brown.

The Jets, 49ers, and Colts are also expected to have interest. Pittsburgh has made clear they plan to move on from Brown despite his dead cap hit. Brown is entering his age-31 season and is one of the highest paid receivers in the league, so he's unlikely to command the first-round value Oakland got for Amari Cooper. The Steelers may have to settle for a pair of Day 2 picks.
Related: Broncos

Source: NFL Network
Jan 12 - 2:15 PM

Broncos just got Mike Munchak from the Steelers on a lateral move. Huge gain for them major loss for us. Munchak has a Daughter and grand kids in Denver but this still speaks volumes to me about the gong show that has become the Steelers.

Kubiak is JUST an advisor? That really suggests that DEN is very dysfunctional, so much so that Kubiak couldn't bother sticking around.

Vikings hired Gary Kubiak as an offensive advisor.

Gary's son Klint will take over as quarterbacks coach with Kevin Stefanski promoted from interim offensive coordinator to full-time OC. An in-season power struggle is not difficult to envision should the Vikings start slow on Stefanski's watch surrounded by Kubiaks, but it's obviously a risk coach Mike Zimmer is willing to take. Kubiak is a longtime confidante of Mike Shanahan, who drafted Vikings QB Kirk Cousins in Washington.

Jan 14 - 5:32 PM

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Broncos just got Mike Munchak from the Steelers on a lateral move. Huge gain for them major loss for us. Munchak has a Daughter and grand kids in Denver but this still speaks volumes to me about the gong show that has become the Steelers.

Why you calling it a Gong Show? 

so many times I hear people say "Stand up for us" and (the really bad word) them. But...... you call it a Gong Show? Because you are losing your 2 best players? 

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

so many times I hear people say "Stand up for us" and (the really bad word) them. But...... you call it a Gong Show? Because you are losing your 2 best players? 

You don't think the Steelers are a hot mess full of silly drama? Gong Show seems pretty reasonable to me. 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Kubiak is JUST an advisor? That really suggests that DEN is very dysfunctional, so much so that Kubiak couldn't bother sticking around.

Vikings hired Gary Kubiak as an offensive advisor.

Gary's son Klint will take over as quarterbacks coach with Kevin Stefanski promoted from interim offensive coordinator to full-time OC. An in-season power struggle is not difficult to envision should the Vikings start slow on Stefanski's watch surrounded by Kubiaks, but it's obviously a risk coach Mike Zimmer is willing to take. Kubiak is a longtime confidante of Mike Shanahan, who drafted Vikings QB Kirk Cousins in Washington.

Jan 14 - 5:32 PM

Maybe Denver just didn't want Kubiak's son as QB coach, and Kubiak considered that a deal breaker? It's also possible that the Broncos simply couldn't agree on how involved Kubiak should be, so Kubiak decided to leave and let another team meet his terms.

Either that, or Denver is just a $hitshow as you suggest. Or a little of both, lol.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

Maybe Denver ...

Of course, by Denver, you mean elway.

And why would he care? If you hire the OC before hc, then let him choose his offensive staff.

So ... manure show

edit: I heard the sticking point was Rick Denison

Edited by LordOpie

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Man if I have to explain it then you aren't paying attention the last few years and don't know their history as an organization.

39 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Of course, by Denver, you mean elway.

And why would he care? If you hire the OC before hc, then let him choose his offensive staff.

So ... manure show

edit: I heard the sticking point was Rick Denison

What did you hear about Rich Denison?  Just curious

20 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

What did you hear about Rich Denison?  Just curious

Only that kubiak wanted him but elway didn't ... From local radio

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Man if I have to explain it then you aren't paying attention the last few years and don't know their history as an organization.

no it's not a matter of me explaining. lol 

Welcome to the club bro