Sign in to follow this  
Big John

Dolphins expected to hire Flores as HC

Per NFLN.  Current LB coach in NE.

Apparently an assistant on any staff with success is good enough now. Is the price of more experienced coaches driving owners away? Or is it just "that young from that team that is doing good things"? 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:17 PM, stevegrab said:

Apparently an assistant on any staff with success is good enough now. Is the price of more experienced coaches driving owners away? Or is it just "that young from that team that is doing good things"? 

I guess every team thinks they're getting the next McVay. But young comes with a price, lack of experience. 

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I guess every team thinks...

Nope, you're giving the Dolphins front office too much credit there.  :bag:

Edited by Def.

They'll have to wait until after the Pats win the SB.  LoL!

23 hours ago, Def. said:

Nope, you're giving the Dolphins front office too much credit there.  :bag:

+1

I have to say though, at this point as a Dolphins fan. I don't really care who they hire. The bottom line is they are going to be terrible for the next few years. If you want to hire a young guy and he actually does something with the crap you have then maybe you have a good coach and you give him an extension. If he doesn't then you dump him in a couple of years when/if you actually start to get some talent.

54 minutes ago, blaw23 said:

I have to say though, at this point as a Dolphins fan. I don't really care who they hire. The bottom line is they are going to be terrible for the next few years. If you want to hire a young guy and he actually does something with the crap you have then maybe you have a good coach and you give him an extension. If he doesn't then you dump him in a couple of years when/if you actually start to get some talent.

Yeah, saw on ESPN "bottom line" thingy that the Fins are contemplating a total rebuild, eyeing QBs in the 2020 draft, like Justin Herbert.  Tannehill is most certainly not the answer.  They need to tank this upcoming season to ensure they get one of the hot '20 QBs.  They are really mediocre all over the field.  AFC East is going to be winnable in the next few years once Brady retires, so might as well tank now and get your QB of the future.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, saw on ESPN "bottom line" thingy that the Fins are contemplating a total rebuild, eyeing QBs in the 2020 draft, like Justin Herbert.  Tannehill is most certainly not the answer.  They need to tank this upcoming season to ensure they get one of the hot '20 QBs.  They are really mediocre all over the field.  AFC East is going to be winnable in the next few years once Brady retires, so might as well tank now and get your QB of the future.

Don't worry Nick Foles is gonna save the day.