[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divisional Game Thread

Gourdeau

6 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

If you told Drew Brees, you can pick only 1 place to play for the Superbowl and you can't pick at home, where would you pick. I guarantee you he'd say Atlanta. The only other dome he's played in more than at home.  

Its looking more like that. I think The Rams will give them a game though. But Brees at home is where my money is going. NO 27 - Rams 23.

59 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

If you told Drew Brees, you can pick only 1 place to play for the Superbowl and you can't pick at home, where would you pick. I guarantee you he'd say Atlanta. The only other dome he's played in more than at home.  

It's the Saints dome away from home. There are a lot of Saints fans who displaced there after Katrina and a lot of fans travel for that game as well. Often the Saints crowd noise rivals the Falcons fans.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Its looking more like that. I think The Rams will give them a game though. But Brees at home is where my money is going. NO 27 - Rams 23.

They're certainly not going to be an easy out. They're an improved team as well with Talib back and the addition of Anderson. That run game is going to test the Saints big time. 

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

They're certainly not going to be an easy out. They're an improved team as well with Talib back and the addition of Anderson. That run game is going to test the Saints big time. 

Cooper Kupp had a big role in that first game. 5 for 89 and a TD, he's gone but Talib is back. The addition of CJ Anderson has been oddly impressive. Should be a great game and really hope to see the saints win. You're not here often Raj so I'll ask now. Is there much local talk about Brees retiring if they win it all? 

23 hours ago, League_Champion said:

The difference is that Eagle fans don't scatter like Cowboy fans. You know I'm right. How many bandwagon Dallas fans are out there who can't find Dallas on a map? I know your a real fan. I'm not referring to the real Cowboy fans such as yourself.

:lol:  That was the most meaningful game Dallas has played in frigging decades . I watched it with friends and drank like a fish. Sorry we didn't stay in here and follow the riveting commentary ! Anyway , Dallas was manhandled upfront. They got beat the way they used to beat people in their heyday . They ran right down our throats . Dak missed way too many passes that an NFL qb just should not miss . As much as we got smacked around , we may have made it interesting if we just connect on some of those very simple NFL caliber passes . Congrats to the Rams fans, the true non front runner ones :chappywink:

Id like to see a Saints Chiefs SB. I don't hate the Pats and I think Brady is neck and neck with Montana for the GOAT but I do have to say I am kind of tired of the road the Pats have every year . Smack around the consistently worst division in Football on your way to an easy bye and home playoff game . Hold serve at home ..Superbowl.  It will be interesting to see them on the road in KC. If anyone can come up with a scheme its bill so we shall see if they can contain that KC O and if the KC D can play above their heads again

As much as I love my Cowboys , I think the 4 best teams remain . Next week should be very exciting football

Edited by whomper
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, whomper said:

:lol:  That was the most meaningful game Dallas has played in frigging decades . I watched it with friends and drank like a fish. Sorry we didn't stay in here and follow the riveting commentary ! Anyway , Dallas was manhandled upfront. They got beat the way they used to beat people in their heyday . They ran right down our throats . Dak missed way too many passes that an NFL qb just should not miss . As much as we got smacked around , we may have made it interesting if we just connect on some of those very simple NFL caliber passes . Congrats to the Rams fans, the true non front runner ones :chappywink:

Id like to see a Saints Chiefs SB. I don't hate the Pats and I think Brady is neck and neck with Montana for the GOAT but I do have to say I am kind of tired of the roas the Pats have every year . Smack around the consistently worst division in Football on your way to an easy bye and home playoff game . Hold serve at home ..Superbowl.  It will be interesting to see them on the road in KC. If anyone can come up with a scheme its bill so we shall see if they can contain that KC O and if the KC D can play above their heads again

As much as I love my Cowboys , I think the 4 best teams remain . Next week should be very exciting football

When will teams learn that Zone Defense is the exact thing that Brady feasts on.. guys were wide open on every throw. So frustrating

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

I am mainly interested in how the Rams defense is going to play. They've been surprisingly subpar at times. The Saints run defense has been pretty solid but Rankins being out could change the complexion.  I think the Saints score too many times so I'll take the Saints by a hair.  Good games this weekend.  

Edited by purplemonster

16 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Am I alone in thinking the Saints lack offensive weapons? For a team that's been labeled an offensive machine, they've been very lethargic the last month or so.. A coach like Belicheck will easily take Kamara and Thomas out of the game, can't rely on Ginn Kirkwood and Ben Watson

Sounds like you're already preparing to have the Pats win the SB. They still have to beat the Chiefs, and the Rams could be their opponent.

As for the Saints, they have enough weapons (Ingram too, can use him at RB and put Kamara out as a WR), I don't think BB can hold them all in check, and if they're using resources to take the Kamara and Thomas away, Brees will have time to find others, even his 4-5 options. 

14 hours ago, skylive5 said:

Interesting that the Defending Champions received absolutely no respect. It's like everyone 

either forgot, or ignored, what they did last year. Yet they gave NO a game and if Jeffery

had caught that pass things may have been very different.

I dislike the Eagles, and the Giants, and I absolutely detest the cowboys. But all three get

my respect when they are competitive, 

Eagle deserve some respect people.

I think they were just rather mediocre this year, lost a lot of games early, barely .500 team all year. They won 5 of their last 6, including a win over the Rams in LA, that was impressive. But it also included 2 with the Redskins, a win over the Giants at home.

As for the nonsense of some (they shouldn't be there, should have been Chicago), well the Bears should have played better then they'd have had a chance to lose to the Saints. Maybe don't sign a kicker known for missing attempts under 40, let alone over 40. 

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Your general point stands, but not the bolded 

Brees has only played 2 games in the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, it opened in 2017. I know Atlanta has a lot of Saints fans post Katrina (which makes it like a home game). But this isn't the old Georgia Dome where he played 10+ times during his career with the Saints. He's already played in the new MIN Vikings dome twice as well, possibly more at Jerryworld (I saw 2 in past 5 years).

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Sounds like you're already preparing to have the Pats win the SB. They still have to beat the Chiefs, and the Rams could be their opponent.

As for the Saints, they have enough weapons (Ingram too, can use him at RB and put Kamara out as a WR), I don't think BB can hold them all in check, and if they're using resources to take the Kamara and Thomas away, Brees will have time to find others, even his 4-5 options. 

We've all seen this movie a million times. We know how it ends. Easier to prepare for the worst and be extremely pleased and surprised if it doesn't end that way. 

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am mainly interested in how the Rams defense is going to play. They've been surprisingly subpar at times. The Saints run defense has been pretty solid but Rankins being out could change the complexion.  I think the Saints score too many times so I'll take the Saints by a hair.  Good games this weekend.  

Rankin's being out really hurts the pass rush more than anything. The other DTs are more known for their run protection.

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Cooper Kupp had a big role in that first game. 5 for 89 and a TD, he's gone but Talib is back. The addition of CJ Anderson has been oddly impressive. Should be a great game and really hope to see the saints win. You're not here often Raj so I'll ask now. Is there much local talk about Brees retiring if they win it all? 

Funny you should ask that. I just responded to that very question on the Saints board. There are a few fans who worry over it, but not that many. Brees had already said that he's not retiring next year win or lose. Personally, I think he'll be in NO 2 more seasons. 

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Funny you should ask that. I just responded to that very question on the Saints board. There are a few fans who worry over it, but not that many. Brees had already said that he's not retiring next year win or lose. Personally, I think he'll be in NO 2 more seasons. 

Are kamara Thomas and Lattimore all still on Rookie deals for a few more years?

36 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Are kamara Thomas and Lattimore all still on Rookie deals for a few more years?

Yes all are still on their rookie contracts. This is Kamara's second year, Lattimore's second year and Thomas' third year. Thomas is due to be an UFA in 2020. Kamara in 2021 and Lattimore in 2022 since I would assume the Saints will pick up his 5th year option, if they don't work out a new deal before then.

15 minutes ago, blaw23 said:

Yes all are still on their rookie contracts. This is Kamara's second year, Lattimore's second year and Thomas' third year. Thomas is due to be an UFA in 2020. Kamara in 2021 and Lattimore in 2022 since I would assume the Saints will pick up his 5th year option, if they don't work out a new deal before then.

That's what happens when you nail your drafts. Not many teams can do that. 

The interesting part to the Saints is what happens when Brees retires? He is 39 years old now. He's obviously still productive though he missed 4000 yards for the first time since 2005 as a Charger. What if he wins the SB?  I gotta think he returns anyway but the Saints could end up with no Brees in a year or so and then what is the overall effect? I think the overall drop will be profound.

And Antonio Brown needs to be careful. He had a great QB in Roethlisberger but will he be nearly as good with a lesser QB?  Then again, what if Brown ends up with the Colts and Andrew Luck? That would be awesome. I think.

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

don't forget Ryan Ramczyk... who was drafted a few picks AFTER DEN took Garrett "holding" Bolles... two guys who play the same position. As well as NOS has done, DEN has really fumbled. Reminds me of when DEN drafted Osweiller BEFORE Russel "drop it in the basket 40 yards down field" Wilson.

Good analysis. It's amazing what missing a pick can mean to a team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMD said:

The interesting part to the Saints is what happens when Brees retires? He is 39 years old now. He's obviously still productive though he missed 4000 yards for the first time since 2005 as a Charger. What if he wins the SB?  I gotta think he returns anyway but the Saints could end up with no Brees in a year or so and then what is the overall effect? I think the overall drop will be profound.

And Antonio Brown needs to be careful. He had a great QB in Roethlisberger but will he be nearly as good with a lesser QB?  Then again, what if Brown ends up with the Colts and Andrew Luck? That would be awesome. I think.

The misconception with AB is that he's anot elite route runner. He's actually not. He's a good route runner but thats not what makes him great. He makes it up as he goes and uses his speed which  fits in perfectly with Ben's ability to extend plays and Chuck it. They have built incredible  chemistry and trust on the field. We are going to see what he's got on another team because at this point there is no way he's coming back.

20 hours ago, blaw23 said:

Sports Contracts website is a good place for this info, pretty simple, clear details, not a lot of overhead to slow it down, even seen it referenced by people in the media. 

Kamara is on very cheap contract, would they redo it with an extension before it expires?  His cap hit number is 51st among RBs, 34th on the Saints.  

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Sports Contracts website is a good place for this info, pretty simple, clear details, not a lot of overhead to slow it down, even seen it referenced by people in the media. 

Kamara is on very cheap contract, would they redo it with an extension before it expires?  His cap hit number is 51st among RBs, 34th on the Saints.  

If Drew sticks around they should be right up there in the NFC for a few years to come. The way the rules are setup I don't think it's unreasonable anymore to expect QBs to play into their mid 40s, he just turned 40 today.